2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

9 minutes ago, thepop said:

I'm all for it, but to play devils advocate, how can you assume that?

It's not an assumption. It is a presumption. Absence evidence the contrary, a ballot received by the deadline will be presumed to have been sent timely and will be counted. 

23 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Wow, so much insight and original ideas!!! Why haven't they thought of that already? We should also add blowjobs for every voter. 

Jesus christ, the Dems are trying to do all of those things. This isn't fucking unicorn land were everything is perfect and a collective intelligence makes the perfect decision every time. The Dem candidate's have been improving lately. You can't manufacture the perfect Texas candidate in a lab. 

And it's also hard to make headway when your opponents literally make a living using the most powerful political tool, fear. Joe Biden's blacks are going to come into your suburb and take your guns and rape your women. 

So yea, "Dems suck because they aren't all awesome and perfect like they should be". 

A typical comment reflecting TDP's super good try on basic things entirely inside their control, in this case,  data hygiene:

6 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Don’t know how old you are but I’m 42 (I think former is at least that old) and when I/we were kids we were taught that all 3, mean, median and mode could be interchangably used to mean “average” and that when someone said average they should further clarify what they meant. 
As in all three of these sentences could be considered correct:

the average of 3,5, 5, 5 and 12 is 6 mean

the average of that above sentence is 5 (median) 

the average house in my neighborhood is pink or, the average kid at my kids school is a kindergartner if pink houses are most common or kindergarten has the highest enrollment (mode). 

This is all kinds of wrong.  Thank God you gave up on being a teacher before you could corrupt an entire generation of kids.

13 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

This is all kinds of wrong.  Thank God you gave up on being a teacher before you could corrupt an entire generation of kids.

Explain.  Those examples all perfectly fit definitioins of mean, median and mode bro.  30/5 is 6- mean

3, 5, 5,5, and 12 you drop the first two numbers and the last two and the one in the middle is median- 5.

Mode is most frequent- which definitionally fits my last sentence.  What the heck are you talking about bro?

6 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

My wife (on the attractive scale, about the median) makes a mean peach cobbler a la mode.

Out of rep. If you married one that's way hotter and way uglier then she could also be your median wife, as well as just median on a general attractiveness scale...

36 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Look at her profile, it was created March 2020, it has no pictures of her (the profile photo isn't her), and all of her content is sow discord btw Dems and Bernie Bros. This is the type of shit Twitter needs to clean up. It's an obvious troll farm account.

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Explain.  Those examples all perfectly fit definitioins of mean, median and mode bro.  30/5 is 6- mean

3, 5, 5,5, and 12 you drop the first two numbers and the last two and the one in the middle is median- 5.

Mode is most frequent- which definitionally fits my last sentence.  What the heck are you talking about bro?

That is correct, but not all three are averages.  My last comment on this.

19 minutes ago, The Dog said:

So it appears I'm not the only one wondering what more polling in Texas would show: (I have no idea who this dude is but found it in the Cohn/Bitecofer slapfight)

I drove through my old neighborhood yesterday.

its in grapevine which is smack dab in the middle of TX-24. Its upper middle class. Most homeowners are probably late 40’s and up. I saw about 55% Trump signs and 45% Biden signs.  It has come along way, because if anyone put up a Obama sign in 2008, people thought they were crazy.

Edited by Voldemort86

18 minutes ago, The Dog said:

So it appears I'm not the only one wondering what more polling in Texas would show: (I have no idea who this dude is but found it in the Cohn/Bitecofer slapfight)

Enten worked at 538 and now does CNNs modeling and analysis

• Hook 'Em 1

It appears some signs are being taken from our neighborhood.  A house around the corner had a "Flush The Turd November 3rd" sign that is now gone.  While I'm not a big fan of sticking something that crass out in front of one's house, it's not my house.  West Central Austin.  Not far west enough to hit the big Trump neighborhoods, which would likely include River Place, Lakeway, etc.

• Haha 1

It appears some signs are being taken from our neighborhood.  A house around the corner had a "Flush The Turd November 3rd" sign that is now gone.  While I'm not a big fan of sticking something that crass out in front of one's house, it's not my house.  West Central Austin.  Not far west enough to hit the big Trump neighborhoods, which would likely include River Place, Lakeway, etc.
I'm in Lakeway/Bee Cave area, in a neighborhood that is par for demographics -- professional class, higher income, educated, etc. -- out here, and the other day I counted 2 for Biden and 2 for Trump on my run. Our next door neighbor now has their Biden sign up. Our across the street neighborhood had her Trump sign stolen, and she plans to rig a shocking device to it in case anyone tries to steal it again.

Of my closest clique of 10 or so people out here, I would say that almost all of us have at least leaned Republican in the past, including a person who started his career working in Washington for Republican campaigns. The votes were split among Trump and Johnson for those of us who voted in 2016. I think one is still leaning Trump, but the rest of us are at least not giving him our vote (no one has yet admitted to a likely vote for Biden).

Apparently Justin Berry (the ex-cop Republican nominee for Texas House) has been expressly distancing himself from Trump out here, because he doesn't think Lakeway people go for Trump. He is the more "establishment" nominee, and he eked out a win against Don Zimmerman and some other kook.

There are some vocal Red Hat types who have been showing up at, say, school board meetings blowing that "6 percent" horn, fighting about masks, etc. But I don't know how deep that vein runs.

Many people out here, basically, are tired of Trump's shit. They are people who want low taxes, maybe some guns, and to be generally left alone. He's not playing that well with these educated suburbanites.

4 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

anyone want to discus times tables? 8x8 is 64.  you wouldn't think it would get that high, but it does. you can check on your calculator.

8x8 is 54 in duodecimal, which is a better system anyway.

3 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I drove through my old neighborhood yesterday.

its in grapevine which is smack dab in the middle of TX-24. Its upper middle class. Most homeowners are probably late 40’s and up. I saw about 55% Trump signs and 45% Biden signs.  It has come along way, because if anyone put up a Obama sign in 2008, people thought they were crazy.

I grew up in Grapevine. It's nothing like it was in 76. 

It's hard to imagine that Solana was once a dairy farm. Or that Hall's was the only stop between Euless and Grapevine.

2 hours ago, Red Six said:

I'm in Lakeway/Bee Cave area, in a neighborhood that is par for demographics -- professional class, higher income, educated, etc. -- out here, and the other day I counted 2 for Biden and 2 for Trump on my run. Our next door neighbor now has their Biden sign up. Our across the street neighborhood had her Trump sign stolen, and she plans to rig a shocking device to it in case anyone tries to steal it again.

Of my closest clique of 10 or so people out here, I would say that almost all of us have at least leaned Republican in the past, including a person who started his career working in Washington for Republican campaigns. The votes were split among Trump and Johnson for those of us who voted in 2016. I think one is still leaning Trump, but the rest of us are at least not giving him our vote (no one has yet admitted to a likely vote for Biden).

Apparently Justin Berry (the ex-cop Republican nominee for Texas House) has been expressly distancing himself from Trump out here, because he doesn't think Lakeway people go for Trump. He is the more "establishment" nominee, and he eked out a win against Don Zimmerman and some other kook.

There are some vocal Red Hat types who have been showing up at, say, school board meetings blowing that "6 percent" horn, fighting about masks, etc. But I don't know how deep that vein runs.

Many people out here, basically, are tired of Trump's shit. They are people who want low taxes, maybe some guns, and to be generally left alone. He's not playing that well with these educated suburbanites.

And this is why I think Trump will lose Texas. He was never popular among what typically consists of the majority of Texas Republican voters, has done nothing to increase that except with idiots like Johnny Sack and the top 1 percent who care about absolutely nothing except big tax cuts for them, and Texas republicans are on average not as stupid as the rest of the country’s republicans. 

Most people recognize that the Trump tax cut only benefited the top 1 percent greatly and everyone else slightly at the expense of the country at large.