2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

9 hours ago, Fletch said:

Been around awhile, just been more of a lurker and baseball board poster. It’s pretty easy to remember you. I mean “slorch’d” exists for a reason...

It's amusing when people go with the "Well I don't remember your posts!" line of thought like it's a huge insult.  Do you know whose posts people remember?  Posts from people like Rocko or Derka who shit in their hands and smear it on their faces.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Gap03 said:

I don't think he really has to answer definitively.  I would anticipate something like: "I never would have considered it in the past, but when the dust settles, we'll have to evaluate whether the conduct of the Republican Party over the past X years (especially with respect to consideration of nominees to the Supreme Court and the federal judiciary more broadly), when coupled with abuse of the federal courts by Trump, Barr and his administration) necessitates a rethinking of that position."

Exactly, just use it as another opportunity to highlight the GOP hypocrisy between 2016 and now.  I don’t see what positive effect is had by grabbing the mic and making a WWF promo about stacking the courts.

We are witnessing the last gasps of the GOP.  Now there will be something in the future called the Republican party, but young voters will remember it as the party of traitors.  Simply because history will show this to be the case.  Unless you think Trump wins, never leaves office and GOP dreams of a minority controlling the majority last forever with the death of democracy, this is not going to end well for the GOP.

The bottom line is the most loyal and dependable Republican vote is where the venn diagram circles of uneducated whites and racist whites overlap.  Those circles as a percentage of the electorate are not getting bigger demographically, they are shrinking.  Not to say the Trump Presidency had not given the this block a lot of enthusiasm, but it has also awakened college aged kids to vote again.  Only a racist grandpa, and his corrupt friends can generate that sort of enthusiasm.

So I am optimistic!!!!  The seat on the court is gone, but the Dems will simply add two, maybe 4 seats, via legislation coming out of congress, passing the Senate, and signed by the President.  It's possible that the disaster Biden will inherit may result in split party rule again in 2024, but the chances of the GOP threading the needle and getting control of all three branches.. Pigs will be flying... When the Dems get control of all three, after the big "win" in jamming through another GOP justice, the court simply will be expanded.  I personally would make it a 13 judge panel, and place 4 new judges onto the court.  Will it permanently fuck up the Senate?  McConnell has already done that, but like McConnell and the GOP have guided... use your power, and use it without thought of consequence.

The fly in the ointment?  The traditional GOP Presidential handoff of damn near everything being fiscally and economically fucked up. But if the Dems take all three branches, I would make structural changes to negate the theft of Supreme seats.  OF course Russia could change a lot fo votes and the GOP Senate would be perfectly fine with that to be honest, so there is that risk as well.  But the most likely outcome is that Trump and McConnell have awakened the sleeping giant, and ask the Japanese how that worked out?

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

My initial reaction is no shit Nate. I’ve been saying that since March, Biden win/nationalization of senate races lead to pretty much a guarantee of all three together. And it’s likely it lasts through at least 2024 with the 2022 senate map being what it is. 
10% for GOP trifecta seems absurdly high. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

PBS is pretty much doing the bios and run up to the election for both Biden and Trump. Peeled back the cover on Trump in military school, how Biden got elected at 29/30. Jill Biden mentioned running into Joes wife at that time and congratulating her before all the events and before she ever met him. Lotta cool shit. 

if you have a TV that plugs into a wall, you should have PBS. Probably be on YouTube eventually

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Neighbor who has a Biden sign got this in his mailbox. 

Fucking scared cowards.

FB_IMG_1600817114168.jpg

46 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Holy shit.  They don't have a Ring or security camera where they can identify them do they?  That shit would send me over the edge.

Especially since that is a federal crime to put something in someone’s mailbox without their explicit permission.  If your neighbor finds out who did it, they should report them to the postmaster.

EDF2B770-7CD2-4E57-BC66-E856FBED11B6.jpeg

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

Especially since that is a federal crime to put something in someone’s mailbox without their explicit permission.  If your neighbor finds out who did it, they should report them to the postmaster.

EDF2B770-7CD2-4E57-BC66-E856FBED11B6.jpeg

I did not know that. I’ve committed a crime I’m sure in the past (not doing something stupid but innocuous) in putting a letter in someone’s mailbox. The more you know...

I imagine prosecution of this would be if ups or fed ex did something like this (or something hatefuL by a private citizen) and not some rando putting a birthday card in a mailbox. 

46 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I did not know that. I’ve committed a crime I’m sure in the past (not doing something stupid but innocuous) in putting a letter in someone’s mailbox. The more you know...

I imagine prosecution of this would be if ups or fed ex did something like this (or something hatefuL by a private citizen) and not some rando putting a birthday card in a mailbox. 

ARE WE NOT A NATION OF LAWS!?  Justice Alito would be disgusted in your divining intent outside the draftsmen words. LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

For the last month or so, Wasserman has seemingly been on a mission to throw cold-water on the Democrats chance of winning in almost every tweet. It’s kind of bizarre, to be honest.

A lot of these pundits want a close race. They want uncertainty because it will get them more clicks. It’s not beneficial for them to come out and say “ Biden is dominating” all the time.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I would have thought with all the 500% donation matches they offer that they’d be swimming in cash. 

I'm a little surprised they haven't been sued for donation matching to date, but they also have nothing to worry about with Barr running the show. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/517587-gop-will-ask-supreme-court-to-limit-mail-voting-in-pennsylvania-in

this is fucking disgusting. The republicans are like that little child whose 5 years old. When they ask their mom for something, she says no. Now lets go to daddy ( the Supreme Court) and get them to fix the ruling since I didn’t like the first one. 

The Republican Party is a joke. They have no shame. No morals. They always pick party over country. They don’t give a damn about this country. I can’t believe our rights are under attack in plain sight and nobody seems to freaking care. 

the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled the way it did because of dejoy and his shenanigans. It makes total sense. Everyone who votes should have a reasonable expectation that their vote will be counted. How much you want to bet Trump is planning to come out and “ declare victory” at 10 pm on election night no matter what the score says?

he just wants to get this thing muddled up and sent to the Supreme Court where he assumes they will rule in favor of his fat orange ugly ass no matter what.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Hook 'Em 2

I’m going to post this stuff now. This guy works for a conservative PAC who is focused on preserving the senate majority for republicans. I’m just going to copy and paste people’s questions to him and the answers. This was posted on texags last night, so the information is very current. He answers questions about both the senate and trump so I’m posting it all here. 

Senate state of play :

I work with a conservative PAC that is focused largely on Senate races and here is what I am hearing and how we are allocating funds as a result...

Gone:
Arizona 
Colorado 

Likely Gone:
Maine
North Carolina 

Dead heat:
Georgia (Perdue seat)

Likely keep but too close for comfort:
Iowa
South Carolina (watch this one)
Georgia (Loeffler seat - although with three Democrats, it may be that two Republicans take the top two spots for the run off)
Montana

Shot at an upset:
Michigan - the democrat incumbent is very meh and James is running stronger than Trump in the state in internals.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Really? They think Graham is feeling heat?

Yes, it has been consistently a 2-3% race there. He is underperforming with Republicans. I expect he will be out front and forceful in the SC confirmation hearings and Trump may have an appearance there to rally the base to Graham.

His opponent is a great retail politician, is working hard, and is well-funded. This race was off the radar for Republicans for a long time and thankfully people started raising the alarm over the summer.

The conservative PAC results in 2018 :

I am pretty on edge about it as being in the minority by a couple of seats is a real possibility and the 2022 cycle isn't great for Republicans either.

In 2018, when national polling was looking bad for Republicans at the house level, we kept hearing on our calls that we were going to pick up the seats in Florida, Missouri, and Indiana and only lose Arizona and Nevada, so there would be gains in the Senate. All of that turned out to be exactly the case, so that has me worried here.

We also were hearing that Beto was polling within a few points of Cruz which I didn't want to believe.

Referring to Trump and the coat tail effect :

Also, coattails is interesting, as Trump is running stronger than the Senate candidate in North Carolina, Montana, and South Carolina but running behind the Senate candidate in Iowa, Michigan, Maine, and Colorado. So, it is a bit of a mixed bag.

Responding to questions about why Arizona looks bad for Trump and GOP :

I think Arizona is a combination of progressives moving from other parts of the country, young people moving for jobs out of college (still dumb and liberal), growing Hispanic population, and this cycle a portion of seniors souring on Trump and Republicans due to COVID.

Assessing Trumps chances in the Presidential race :

I will say there's a lot more confidence on this forum about Trump's chances than there should be. There will be no landslide by Trump, unless something dramatic happens like Biden totally falls on his face in the debate. Suburban white women are fiercely and unwaveringly anti-Trump and no message The campaign has tried has moved them. Even a 2-3% shift in Trumps favor among this demographic would be huge for his chances. Corona has also hurt Trump among seniors enough to make an impact. Improvements with Hispanics help, but are not offsetting the first two. 

Wisconsin and Michigan are not looking good for Trump. My understanding is the campaign may cut back on spending in both states soon. Iowa and Ohio are in okay shape and PA, FL, and NC are razor thin, with Florida looking better over the last couple of weeks. There is a lot of optimism about PA because The expectation is Biden will not be able to run up the vote in Philly as much as Dems have done previously because he is underperforming Hillary and Obama with the black vote (not necessarily percentage-wise but in volume). Arizona may be out of reach at this point for Trump, so the campaign really needs to flip Nevada or NH or MN (with MN being unlikely for same demographic reasons that WI and MI are not looking good). Also, need to hold the districts in ME and NE.

I have no indication that VA is close, but Trump just added a rally there. Some perceived that as a positive that he must be doing well. I am worried it is an indication they're getting desperate and trying to find some place to make up EV from states that have started to slip away. 

The next 30 days are going to be a battle, and Trump supporters need to be doing all they can - calling, donating, going to these states if possible, etc. 

Trump needs to be laser-focused and on message on the economy and jobs for the rest of the campaign. He also needs some help from news cycles - no new big outbreaks of COVID, Dems to overplay their hand on the SC nominee, violence after Breonna Taylor announcement in Louisville, etc. 

The sense I get is Trump can still pull it out. But if he does, it's going to be by threading the needle with narrow margins in these key locations again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I’m going to post this stuff now. This guy works for a conservative PAC who is focused on preserving the senate majority for republicans. I’m just going to copy and paste people’s questions to him and the answers. This was posted on texags last night, so the information is very current. He answers questions about both the senate and trump so I’m posting it all here. 

Senate state of play :

I work with a conservative PAC that is focused largely on Senate races and here is what I am hearing and how we are allocating funds as a result...

Gone:
Arizona 
Colorado 

Likely Gone:
Maine
North Carolina 

Dead heat:
Georgia (Perdue seat)

Likely keep but too close for comfort:
Iowa
South Carolina (watch this one)
Georgia (Loeffler seat - although with three Democrats, it may be that two Republicans take the top two spots for the run off)
Montana

Shot at an upset:
Michigan - the democrat incumbent is very meh and James is running stronger than Trump in the state in internals.  

My wife does electoral stuff.  This is spot on. Notice no one is mentioning Kentucky.  Move your money elsewhere. 

14 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/the-choice-2020-trump-vs-biden/

Or stream!

FWIW, you can stream every episode online.

I missed the first and last 10 min or so but the rest was great. Pretty unvarnished glimpse at the deep flaws in both men. One has the ability to admit and learn from his mistakes though.

I didn’t know Trump was a disciple of NVP. His magical thinking makes more sense now