2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

I missed the first and last 10 min or so but the rest was great. Pretty unvarnished glimpse at the deep flaws in both men. One has the ability to admit and learn from his mistakes though.

I didn’t know Trump was a disciple of NVP. His magical thinking makes more sense now  

I mean, I wouldn’t say that it was unvarnished in it’s glimpse of Biden.

They did their best to paint all his failings in the best light.

It’s no secret that the folks who produced this are anti-Trump.

Rightly so, but this was no McCain vs. Obama you-decide piece. Again, rightfully so as there’s nothing redeeming about Trump. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I am still surprised at how I can learn new shit about Biden. I pay attention to this shit, and I still learned new things.

Must have been dusty in the DNA house during the part about the officer’s father coming to Bo’s funeral, though. Only reason I can explain my reaction.

7 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

10% GOP trifecta is way too high. Republicans have nearly a 0% chance of taking the house because suburban voters have abandoned Trump in droves.

Well, your 10% chance is some outside event drives all the suburban voters back and its uniform and plays the same way in suburbs from philly to Orange County and all points in between. 
Still, seems silly high to me. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

5 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I’m going to post this stuff now. This guy works for a conservative PAC who is focused on preserving the senate majority for republicans. I’m just going to copy and paste people’s questions to him and the answers. This was posted on texags last night, so the information is very current. He answers questions about both the senate and trump so I’m posting it all here. 

Senate state of play :

I work with a conservative PAC that is focused largely on Senate races and here is what I am hearing and how we are allocating funds as a result...

Gone:
Arizona 
Colorado 

Likely Gone:
Maine
North Carolina 

Dead heat:
Georgia (Perdue seat)

Likely keep but too close for comfort:
Iowa
South Carolina (watch this one)
Georgia (Loeffler seat - although with three Democrats, it may be that two Republicans take the top two spots for the run off)
Montana

Shot at an upset:
Michigan - the democrat incumbent is very meh and James is running stronger than Trump in the state in internals.  

I’d love to see James win in Michigan. I think he’s an Absolute star for the GOP. I think Michigan just might be too hard a pull, especially right now with Trump seeming to have negative coattails and bringing out the vote for the Dems. 

18 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I missed the first and last 10 min or so but the rest was great. Pretty unvarnished glimpse at the deep flaws in both men. One has the ability to admit and learn from his mistakes though.

I didn’t know Trump was a disciple of NVP. His magical thinking makes more sense now  

Nvp? 

Edited by SydneyCarton

People are trying to pick those polls apart and are discussing odd tabs, small sample size etc.  I can’t tell if their beefs are legitimate or just hopeful advocacy.  But more than anything, I’m just counting on this. 

image.thumb.jpeg.56994ab08b89b8a1ba6e87783356d582.jpeg

Edited by BehoId, The Underminer!
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Hopefully they picked a particular Trumpy batch of voters, but goddamn FL and AZ ...  BTW, this is supposed to be one of the most reliable pollsters in FL and AZ.

The Florida poll is believable. The Arizona one must be an outlier. Trump is doing miserable in Arizona.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

NBC article on something I’ve been harping on since 2016.  demographics are destiny now, and all demos are trending bad for trump. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1240724?__twitter_impression=true

This kind of adds to what you posted above. 

Texas, Georgia, and Arizona are all rapidly changing..... and not in ways the GOP will like it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Won't be able to do that in most "battleground' states as the only one where that's feasible is Florida since all the rest are divided governments. 

Even then it requires a change to the statutes in Florida and Texas. The likelihood that occurs in either state is very, very low unless you are just completely bought in to the conspiracy theories like the QAnon freakazoids. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Every one of us needs to be ready to take to the streets and shut the entire country down with a general strike if they try this shit.

I am pretty much a giant pussy.  Don’t own any guns.  Do not at all consider myself a hard core patriot or liberal.  But if I feel Trump has stolen the election, I will become violent.  I think there are a lot of people like me.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I can already hear the arguments for why that's totally acceptable. "It's not about the votes, it's about the electors. That's how the founders envisioned it."

We did believe in free elections, but after Kavanaugh all that has changed!

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Won't be able to do that in most "battleground' states as the only one where that's feasible is Florida since all the rest are divided governments. 

Even then it requires a change to the statutes in Florida and Texas. The likelihood that occurs in either state is very, very low unless you are just completely bought in to the conspiracy theories like the QAnon freakazoids. 

Knock this shit off. It's being reported by reputable media that the Trump campaign is considering these options. Even if the likelihood is "very low", the fact it's even being discussed is a massive red alert. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Democrats crushed Republicans in 2018 there. Relax

Just to tack on to this, I decided to look up previous PA Senate races for context of the 2018 results.

2016: Incumbent R - Toomey wins by 1.5 point or 86k votes. In 2010 victory, these margins are pretty much the same.

2018: Incumbent D - Bob Casey won by 13 points or 650k votes. In 2012 victory Casey won by 9 points or roughly 490k votes. 

In 2018 the Dems also flipped 3 House seats and none of those races were even close. That's trending in a poor directions for the GOP. I'm not sure what has changed between 2018 and now that makes people believe the gap has narrowed any. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Knock this shit off. It's being reported by reputable media that the Trump campaign is considering these options. Even if the likelihood is "very low", the fact it's even being discussed is a massive red alert. 

Sure Trump can ask them to do it, but that requires state legislatures and governors to actually change their statues for choosing electors after election day and prior to the electors meeting. 

That's the part that's never going to occur.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

Sure Trump can ask them to do it, but that requires state legislatures and governors to actually change their statues for choosing electors after election day and prior to the electors meeting. 

That's the part that's never going to occur.

Ok. But leave out the Q Anon comparisons. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Just to tack on to this, I decided to look up previous PA Senate races for context of the 2018 results.

2016: Incumbent R - Toomey wins by 1.5 point or 86k votes. In 2010 victory, these margins are pretty much the same.

2018: Incumbent D - Bob Casey won by 13 points or 650k votes. In 2012 victory Casey won by 9 points or roughly 490k votes. 

In 2018 the Dems also flipped 3 House seats and none of those races were even close. That's trending in a poor directions for the GOP. I'm not sure what has changed between 2018 and now that makes people believe the gap has narrowed any. 

The 2018 PA house flips mean nothing. They completely redrew the map so you are not comparing apples to apples. All that said PA is a D state and 2016 was a fluke with a terrible D candidate. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

The Florida poll is believable.

Well that would be true regardless of what it said.  

sir, this poll says only nine people in the state plan to vote and it looks like a howdy doody character is in the lead. There must be an error here.

did you not see it was a Florida poll?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Liberal PTSD and angst

Trump is a coward and pussy at the end of the day. Remember when his foundation was sued and he vowed to fight the NY AG? Well, he settled. The foundation dissolved and he and his kids can’t run a charitable org in NY ever again. Same with this post election shit.

Sure, he may try to sue to stop counting of certain ballots, but only if the election is close. His campaign already spent a billion dollars and he’s not going to personally pay lawyers for anything if he’s lost the Election Day voting in FL. There’s zero chance he moves states to appoint electors against official vote counts. None. He will take his ball and go home. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Got any for a Mini-14 or just for cosplay rifles?

I only have a few for my mini-14.  Push come to shove though the AR platform is far superior to the mini-14 in a insurgent civil uprising. Accuracy, reliability, field interchangeability of parts, magazine options. When you realize that your mini-14 is inferior for this purpose (but still a fun ranch rifle), I have a stripped lower and an LPK for you, but you are going to have to bring your own bolt and upper.  

Edited by Anastasis

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

NBC article on something I’ve been harping on since 2016.  demographics are destiny now, and all demos are trending bad for trump. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1240724?__twitter_impression=true

Stephen Klineberg is a sociologist at Rice and has been conducting demographic and attitudinal surveys in Houston for 40 years. If you ever have a chance to see him present, do it, it's fascinating stuff. He just put out a book called Prophetic City, and it is great. 

Here is a quote from it, which the linked article above reminded me of:

The math is pretty simple. No matter how many undocumented immigrants are deported, no matter how high a wall you try to build, and even if immigration comes to a complete halt and the nation slams its doors on all refugees seeking asylum, the actuarial tables alone make it clear that no conceivable force is going to stop this city, state or nation from becoming more Latino, more Asian, more African American, and less Anglo as the 21st century unfolds. The demographic transition is a done deal. Houston is America on demographic fast-forward. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Unlike, @The Dog I find the election stealing stuff to be terrifying and at the front of mind. And as Red Five said, it's the fact they're bandying this about from multiple reports is the real red blinking light. That being said, to shift directions, I just do not understand the end game here. By all accounts, Trump didn't want to even be President, he wanted to up his brand. Get his money. Then when he found out he could win, well, he tried to win. Fine. 

By all accounts, he hasn't liked being President much. We all know that machinations THIS deep are being run levels beneath him by the RNC and others who are power hungry, but Trump has to play a key role. And if his goal is money, an easy life, graft, and upping his brand and building a Trump Media Empire for himself and his family, well, ok. But I can't see how contesting an election, throwing the country into chaos, and destroying it paint a positive legacy. He goes form being hated to literally someone that some people might try to assassinate. Is it the legitimate fear of jail and he feels like he has no other choice? No matter how you slice it, that doesn't sound all that fun to me. And it doesn't sound like it's fun to him. Good luck playing golf motherfucker. I just don't understand. He'd be better off conceding, saying the deep state won, and print money being a hero to 120 million pieces of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Unlike, @The Dog I find the election stealing stuff to be terrifying and at the front of mind. And as Red Five said, it's the fact they're bandying this about from multiple reports is the real red blinking light. That being said, to shift directions, I just do not understand the end game here. By all accounts, Trump didn't want to even be President, he wanted to up his brand. Get his money. Then when he found out he could win, well, he tried to win. Fine. 

By all accounts, he hasn't liked being President much. We all know that machinations THIS deep are being run levels beneath him by the RNC and others who are power hungry, but Trump has to play a key role. And if his goal is money, an easy life, graft, and upping his brand and building a Trump Media Empire for himself and his family, well, ok. But I can't see how contesting an election, throwing the country into chaos, and destroying it paint a positive legacy. He goes form being hated to literally someone that some people might try to assassinate. Is it the legitimate fear of jail and he feels like he has no other choice? No matter how you slice it, that doesn't sound all that fun to me. And it doesn't sound like it's fun to him. Good luck playing golf motherfucker. I just don't understand. He'd be better off conceding, saying the deep state won, and print money being a hero to 120 million pieces of shit. 

A combination of Putin wanting chaos.  And that the GOP doesn't want any additional investigations. Think how much grift we know about even with the politicization of the DOJ and the purge of non-trumpkins in the federal government.  Think about how much more grift there is to be uncovered in a DOJ run by Sally Yates.