2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 minute ago, pyrohornIII said:

I agree with this and Immamac's position that Trump is the ugly scab on a deeper festering infection in our country.  Getting rid of Trump will not get rid of the mindset.   I do take offense though to the premise that those who are resisting and trying to affect change through the ballot are just as at fault as trump's minions.  

I think it took Bernie running in 2016 to give people a feeling that their vote matters.  When Bernie got screwed by DNC and Hillary, then yeah.  That sucked.  DNC and TDP both need lots of change.  Change is slow.  Biden is a move in the right direction.  We aren't marrying the guy.  He's a step in the right direction.   But Warren, Harris, Yang, Abrams, AOC and others are the new strength coming up in the DNC.   I put my efforts behind them fully.

I didn't say that affecting change through the ballot are at fault, I said that people who bleed blue and are blindly subscribed to what the Democratic party is bringing to the table are just as much a part of the problem. It's a nuanced difference, but it's disguised because of everyone being so blinded by only having "2 choices", which is not legally or logically binding in any way.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Your strict father morality bullshit is just as tiring. 

keep your blathering going on a sports website tough guy. I hope that all that happens from me talking shit to you is that you grow a pair of fucking stones and do something to help people understand our government better. 

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Do you want to pull your head out of your ass? How many people who have gone to the grocery store, gone out to eat, done things outside that are a hell of a lot more risky than voting don't come home and have covid? 

Voting != covid positive I never fucking said 100%, I said going out to vote won't directly cause you to have covid in a fucking vacuum. 

I can go in and out of just about any place I need to shop in under 15 minutes.  And the majority of those places are voluminous inside with good air exchange.   The likelihood of catching Covid is increased where you have higher concentrations and are exposed longer.   Maybe like, I dunno, standing in line in a local masonic lodge building for an hour with 60 other people, and most likely 45 of them are maskless.   

In shopping you can control your exposure.  With voting, you can't.

Just now, immamac said:

keep your blathering going on a sports website tough guy. I hope that all that happens from me talking shit to you is that you grow a pair of fucking stones and do something to help people understand our government better. 

Ok, tough guy. 

Always love the response of "all you do is post on a message board" when the only thing you know about a person is from postings on a message board. 

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

I didn't say that affecting change through the ballot are at fault, I said that people who bleed blue and are blindly subscribed to what the Democratic party is bringing to the table are just as much a part of the problem. It's a nuanced difference, but it's disguised because of everyone being so blinded by only having "2 choices", which is not legally or logically binding in any way.

I don't disagree with this.  I have been in full support of ranked voting.  But the people standing in the way of that are the two parties.    In the meantime, I am going to support the lesser of the two evils.  The party that has a platform that reflects more on one what someone does than what they have.

Just now, pyrohornIII said:

I don't disagree with this.  I have been in full support of ranked voting.  But the people standing in the way of that are the two parties.    In the meantime, I am going to support the lesser of the two evils.  The party that has a platform that reflects more on one what someone does than what they have.

It's the sad reality that it is where we are especially for the 2020 election. But it doesn't have to be that way in 2022, 2024, 2026 and beyond. Change can't happen this close to the 2020 election, but it can damn sure start for the 2022 election.

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm tired of everyone talking about their friends and neighbors and whoever and how they can't be reasoned with and they are fully on the trump train so you just give up and throw your hands up because they are retarded. The problem is you aren't fucking listening to them.

I live in Trump central. I listen to these folks and what they have to say is absurd. It’s regurgitated nonsense they see on the TV/Facebook.  You try to reason with them or don’t immediately pledge allegiance to Trump and you‘ve painted yourself as an enemy to them.  I still try all the time, usually by finding some common ground beyond hating on democrats because that is 99% of their political worldview.  We’re divided by design despite not having much difference in what we want out of the American experience.  

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm tired of everyone talking about their friends and neighbors and whoever and how they can't be reasoned with and they are fully on the trump train so you just give up and throw your hands up because they are retarded. The problem is you aren't fucking listening to them. If you are so much smarter than them, why can't you convey a simple message? because it's frustrating? because you are right in terms of absolutes?

This is bullshit as well, and making false, absolute assumptions to gin up an argument. 

I've spoken to (and listened, thanks dad!) co-workers about this election. One has decided to vote for Biden, after being a Trump apologist the last 4 years. The other is a deep red Republican. We respectfully talk a lot about politics. He is voting for Trump. We agree to disagree and it doesn't affect our working relationship or friendship. 

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

It's the sad reality that it is where we are especially for the 2020 election. But it doesn't have to be that way in 2022, 2024, 2026 and beyond. Change can't happen this close to the 2020 election, but it can damn sure start for the 2022 election.

I agree.  The TDP used ranked voting on certain races inside the party this year at the convention.  Positions like Electors and Senate District Committee persons, and different Caucus reps.   So I would think they would be behind change along these lines.  Where we need to start is ranked voting in local elections, have no party affiliations there.   Lots of them are RINOs anyway.  

But it skews the local numbers when people can't vote in the Democratic primaries because their neighbor's son is running for county dogcatcher against some low life loser from Loserville down the road and they are both running as R candidates.

That change you speak of has to be born in the secretary of state's office and supported by the AG.   That's all in Republican hands right now.   It's pretty much like Brian Kemp in GA running the election in GA the year he was running for governor of GA, 2018. 

I would suggest you watch All In on Amazon Prime if you want to learn some about how these people use voter suppression, and then weigh the likelihood they would readily be willing to change the system that keeps them in power.

1 minute ago, UpperWestside said:

I am no Biden fan, but the last four years has been a complete beatdown for so many of our fellow citizens, especially those that are black or brown. The storefront racism that we see day after day after day has to be stopped. 

My vote for Biden is not because I think he has a lot of answers to our myriad of problems. It is because he will not be wasting everyday on Twitter and binge and hate-watching cable news while he is also actively stealing our money by the hundreds of millions. All I want from Biden is to have a great team around him that will govern and make good decisions. 

Elizabeth Warren should be his first appointee to whatever cabinet position she wants because that woman is a wrecking ball of awesome that needs to be unleashed on some folks ASAP.

Your first 2 sentences are what is broken with America. Your 3rd sentence is why America is dying. 

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, immamac said:

Your first 2 sentences are what is broken with America. Your 3rd sentence is why America is dying. 

I think it’s impossible to distill into any two sentences what is wrong with America. But ok. The sentence about that being why we’re dying, is that you saying pinning our hopes on X people to fix the problem, I assume? 

you say you have long term plans to tackle what’s wrong with America. Care to share more details? Some here might be interested in helping.  

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Holy shit.  Have you had a psychotic break?  Try the decaf, dude.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Norman Vincent Peale the positive thinking guru

I didn’t see the last 10 minutes. What scandals of his did they not cover?

All this Ukrainian, stuff that Joe and Hunter did!!!!

But seriously, I'm not saying they didn't cover all this 'scandals'. 

I think my point is that all the Biden scandals were presented in a way that diminished them in some way. Saying he learned from a particular fuck up or that he fought through it.

They did get it right that Biden never really stood for anything until recently. His whole 'griever in chief' thing is actually his brand now.

Trump's scandals were presented in all their rightful shittiness. Presenting his background as a man without a soul, a grifter, and a psychopath is correct. It just strikes me how completely insane this whole election really is.

Joseph Biden is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Trump. 

However, to say that he has always learned from his mistakes is not quite accurate. 

It hasn't been until now that he's ever been all that disciplined.... and it helps that he can hide from the media AND the guy he's running against keeps shooting off pieces of his mushroom daily. 

37 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

My vote for Biden is not because I think he has a lot of answers to our myriad of problems. It is because he will not be wasting everyday on Twitter and binge and hate-watching cable news while he is also actively stealing our money by the hundreds of millions. All I want from Biden is to have a great team around him that will govern and make good decisions.

Agreed.  The simple fact that Biden is secure enough to surround himself with subject matter experts and let them do their jobs will immediately make him a better president than the current shitshow.   

• Hook 'Em 4

Just from my own experience re: catching COVID from voting in person, I worked a poll in July and was around hundreds of people throughout the day while wearing a mask and staying as socially distanced as possible. None of the workers got it and most of the people who voted were in and out in less than 10 minutes. Go vote early and everything is going to be fine. 

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Dark Horse said:

Your definition of a free and fair election is bizarre. 

Why has Texas closed 750 polling locations since 2012, and why are most of those locations in areas that gained the most black and Latin residents?

When you write Texas has closed polling locations, doesn't the county control the locations? I believe the county could open up a polling location on every street corner if they can afford it. And counties with large Black and Hispanic populations would presumably be Democrat-run, so why are they trying to limit minority voting?

At the end of the day if there is a polling location that gets low volume, the location should close by consolidating with nearby locations. Resources are not unlimited.

• Hook 'Em 1

Damn, imamac sounds as irate as I was last night. I was fixing to get my machete and kill me some wipeepo Trump supporters. I was gonna go after the lady across the street because she is old and I think I can take her. Then I stopped radicalizing myself with CNN and went to bed. Being pissed off at being the powerless majority is exhausting. I really need to go back to watching PBS Newshour so Mrs. Watson doesn't get hacked up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When you write Texas has closed polling locations, doesn't the county control the locations? I believe the county could open up a polling location on every street corner if they can afford it. And counties with large Black and Hispanic populations would presumably be Democrat-run, so why are they trying to limit minority voting?

At the end of the day if there is a polling location that gets low volume, the location should close by consolidating with nearby locations. Resources are not unlimited.

Fastest growing black/Latin populations, not total. Brazoria county, led by a republican, violated election code by closing 60% of locations between 2012 and 2018. 

If voting in person is too expensive then maybe we should just all vote by mail to make sure it’s easy for everyone.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Damn, imamac sounds as irate as I was last night. I was fixing to get my machete and kill me some wipeepo Trump supporters. I was gonna go after the lady across the street because she is old and I think I can take her. Then I stopped radicalizing myself with CNN and went to bed. Being pissed off at being the powerless majority is exhausting. I really need to go back to watching PBS Newshour so Mrs. Watson doesn't get hacked up. 

x7hWTiY.gif

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Oh, and fuck the Democratic party too, and fuck anyone who is "bleeding blue" - you are just as guilty as being a fucking stupid piece of shit as most trumpers. This election obviously Joe Biden "needs to win" so that we can get back to some kind of decorum and normalcy, but Joe Biden fucking sucks just not nearly as bad as Trump.

This post is all kinds of fucked up. 

We need normalcy and decorum!!!! But those that are trying to make that happen all suck!!! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This post is all kinds of fucked up. 

We need normalcy and decorum!!!! But those that are trying to make that happen all suck!!! 

I don't think that's what he was saying. Moreso that blind sheepish followers of the DNC and traditional Democratic policy, who never hold their leaders responsible, are complicit in what our system has become too. That's how I read it anyway.

Don't mistake my assessment for equivocation. Both sides may share some responsibility but we're talking "the company that made the matches" vs "the arsonist" levels.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I don't think that's what he was saying. Moreso that blind sheepish followers of the DNC and traditional Democratic policy, who never hold their leaders responsible, are complicit in what our system has become too. That's how I read it anyway.

Don't mistake my assessment for equivocation. Both sides may share some responsibility but we're talking "the company that made the matches" vs "the arsonist" levels.

Agree with this post. But there are very few, if any, rah rah Democrats on this board.

Fuck the DNC. Fuck Schumer. Fuck Tom Perez. 

Vote for Joe Biden. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Agree with this post. But there are very few, if any, rah rah Democrats on this board.

Fuck the DNC. Fuck Schumer. Fuck Tom Perez. 

Vote for Joe Biden. 

Personally tied of Pelosi as well.  I'd like Feinstein to retire too. 

I'm tired of the DNC and old guard playing nice.  

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

I want to keep enough of the experienced hands around to know the rules and how they work.

I want a healthy dose of young blood to have the fucking balls to push those rules to the limit to actually serve the people they represent.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

fuckin' a, ain't that the truth? They clung onto power in the wake of shitting the bed in 2016 under the guise of "we'll give up power next presidential cycle, we need to be in charge to hold trump accountable!" so joke's clearly on us. The dems need to clean house and get some new faces into leadership, and ideally stop kneecapping young progressives at every chance they get

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm good with guys like Schumer, but I agree that Pelosi and in particular Feinstein need to hang it up.

I don't want to leave the party solely in the hands of dipshits like Beto, though.  We need some brains mixed in.  Pete's good, AOC's good (if a little out there), but some old guard wouldn't hurt to keep around.

5 minutes ago, ndawg said:

I was a big fan of Al Franken, and am still beyond pissed about what happened to him. He could be doing a lot of good right now.

Yep.  Franken took the high road.  Decorum, normalcy, respect, empathy.  All that.  I wonder if those allegations would have come out now, instead of a few years ago, how he would react.  How much has changed now that 'Murica has gotten re-normalized thanks to Trump.