2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

20 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Personally tied of Pelosi as well.  I'd like Feinstein to retire too. 

I'm tired of the DNC and old guard playing nice.  

Yeah I finally have a target here in Cali, and that's going to be to get Feinstein out and not to be replaced with more of the same. I hope that's doing enough to get imamac to play with my bright blue balls 

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Moreso that blind sheepish followers of the DNC and traditional Democratic policy, who never hold their leaders responsible, are complicit in what our system has become too.

I understand there are some folks who blame the system or blame both sides when we have one side going fucking batshit crazy.  

3 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

I understand there are some folks who blame the system or blame both sides when we have one side going fucking batshit crazy.  

Those two points (both sides having some blame and one side going batshit crazy) can exist in the same universe.

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

Those two points (both sides having some blame and one side going batshit crazy) can exist in the same universe.

Go ahead. Expand on that “some blame.” 

Are you referring to the Dems involvement in allowing right-wing radio, Fox News, and right-wing social media pushing an authoritarian to the head of the GOP, who then gave us four years under trump? 

Are you referring to the Dem’s involvement in citizen’s United? Or gerrymandering? Voter suppression? Or any other anti-democratic factor in our current system? Because you should know the Dems are the only ones that have been pushing back against all of that. 

I'm good with guys like Schumer, but I agree that Pelosi and in particular Feinstein need to hang it up.
I don't want to leave the party solely in the hands of dipshits like Beto, though.  We need some brains mixed in.  Pete's good, AOC's good (if a little out there), but some old guard wouldn't hurt to keep around.

Beto - started an organization who has made hundreds of thousands of calls to Texas voters and registered thousands of new voters in order to help flip the state house, correct the gerrymandering, and hopefully turn the state blue in the presidential election = dipshit

Pete - started a podcast = good

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Go ahead. Expand on that “some blame.” 

Are you referring to the Dems involvement in allowing right-wing radio, Fox News, and right-wing social media pushing an authoritarian to the head of the GOP, who then gave us four years under trump? 

Are you referring to the Dem’s involvement in citizen’s United? Or gerrymandering? Voter suppression? Or any other anti-democratic factor in our current system? Because you should know the Dems are the only ones that have been pushing back against all of that. 

Well, I can't speak for immamac who I assume has come down from his coke binge at this point, but since you asked, I can speak for myself personally.

I'm referring to the Democrats wasting political capital by putting the same old corporatists in power for the last 40 years, who have allowed and even encouraged wealth inequality to explode to where we are today. That wealth inequality and the abandonment of middle America by the rich and the coastal elites that has left them with massive voids both financially and spiritually that led them to stray into the teeming horde of redneck Fox News troglodytes that they are today. 

I'm referring to the Democrats allowing Hillary Clinton to buy herself the nomination in 2016 despite knowing that she is, and has always been, a terrible candidate. A decision that can be directly blamed for the Trump presidency. 

The Democrats have had periods of sovereignty over the entire government and what we've gotten out of it are a few LGBTQ rights things and some token environmental policies. And I guess Dodd-Frank which was hugely flawed. 

They have proclaimed to be the champions of the working and middle classes and minorities for four decades and yet they continue to be owned and run and steered by rich old white baby boomers. They actively fight the will of their constituents (Bernie, AOC, etc.). Wealth inequality is worse than ever. Corporatism is worse than ever. 

I think @washparkhorn or even @bad_teammate could probably explain it better, but I think my point is clear enough. They have plenty of blame. Plenty. 

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Beto - started an organization who has made hundreds of thousands of calls to Texas voters and registered thousands of new voters in order to help flip the state house, correct the gerrymandering, and hopefully turn the state blue in the presidential election = dipshit

Pete - started a podcast = good

I really don't give a damn what you think about the two, in my estimation Beto is a stuffed shirt with little going on up top, and Pete actually has some brains.  You do you.  We don't have to agree.

4 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

However, to say that he has always learned from his mistakes is not quite accurate.

I don’t think they said (or even implied) that he always learned from his mistakes, but rather that he always owned up to them and tried to do better.  Change nothing about his part of the show and replace Trump’s part with any other national leader and he probably comes across as a sympathetic character that really doesn’t offer much as president. 

Compared to Trump he looks like he belongs on Mt Rushmore. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

They have proclaimed to be the champions of the working and middle classes and minorities for four decades and yet they continue to be owned and run and steered by rich old white baby boomers. They actively fight the will of their constituents (Bernie, AOC, etc.). Wealth inequality is worse than ever. Corporatism is worse than ever. 

I get that you wish the Dems were more progressive. That they are more like AOC. But those are only a portion of their constituents.  Just because they aren't the perfect representation of what you want, does not mean they are to blame for trump shitting on everything the last four years. 

22 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I'm referring to the Democrats allowing Hillary Clinton to buy herself the nomination in 2016 despite knowing that she is, and has always been, a terrible candidate. A decision that can be directly blamed for the Trump presidency. 

You mean the democratic primary candidate who beat the other democratic primary candidate in a primary election? When there is a primary election, there is a winner.  I get that the bernie bros and rightwing trolls push that kind of divisivness but that doesn't mean we should parrot those narratives or pretend those narratives push trump's shit onto the Dems. 

24 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I'm referring to the Democrats wasting political capital by putting the same old corporatists in power for the last 40 years, who have allowed and even encouraged wealth inequality to explode to where we are today. That wealth inequality and the abandonment of middle America by the rich and the coastal elites that has left them with massive voids both financially and spiritually that led them to stray into the teeming horde of redneck Fox News troglodytes that they are today. 

Your position seems to be that because the Democratic party isn't perfect, trump has been able to shit everywhere. Sure the Democrats could have been better. They should have been the best ever. They could have been perfect and never allowed any republican to win any race anywhere.  But that isn't feasible.  

Saying its the Dems fault because they let Trump win, falls flat.  Folks need to put blame on those that are shitting everywhere and realize that the Dems are the only ones that are going to clean this up. 

Check out HR1, for the people act passed by Pelosi for clear structural changes that will minimize the likelyhood that the GOP ever gains power again until they clean their shop.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Well, I can't speak for immamac who I assume has come down from his coke binge at this point, but since you asked, I can speak for myself personally.

The Democrats have had periods of sovereignty over the entire government and what we've gotten out of it are a few LGBTQ rights things and some token environmental policies. And I guess Dodd-Frank which was hugely flawed. 

I think @washparkhorn or even @bad_teammate could probably explain it better, but I think my point is clear enough. They have plenty of blame. Plenty. 

I’ve never done coke but if I ever did, I hope I don’t log on to this board.

But your point is exactly correct. The democrats didn’t drive the bus over the middle class but they partially paid the driver.

• Hook 'Em 1

Your position seems to be that because the Democratic party isn't perfect, trump has been able to shit everywhere. Sure the Democrats could have been better. They should have been the best ever. They could have been perfect and never allowed any republican to win any race anywhere.  But that isn't feasible.  

Saying its the Dems fault because they let Trump win, falls flat.  Folks need to put blame on those that are shitting everywhere and realize that the Dems are the only ones that are going to clean this up. 

Check out HR1, for the people act passed by Pelosi for clear structural changes that will minimize the likelyhood that the GOP ever gains power again until they clean their shop.

I don't like AOC at all policy wise. And if you spend any time here you'll know I'm far from a Bernie bro. I was just pointing her out as an example of the DNC old white boomers controlling the narrative and keeping it in the corporatist lane.

HR1 looks great. Maybe they should have been concerned about the integrity of elections when they had all three branches in Obama's term.

Anyway, your point seems to be that one can't point out flaws in one team while still recognizing that they are the much less offensive of the two. To that, I'll simply have to respectfully disagree.

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Anyway, your point seems to be that one can't point out flaws in one team while still recognizing that they are the much less offensive of the two. To that, I'll simply have to respectfully disagree.

No. My point is that trump shitting on everything and the GOP in the Senate allowing it to occur is not the Dems fault.  It is not the fault of "both sides" that one side has decided to act stupid fucking crazy

5 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

No. My point is that trump shitting on everything and the GOP in the Senate allowing it to occur is not the Dems fault.  It is not the fault of "both sides" that one side has decided to act stupid fucking crazy

In the scope that you've defined I'd agree. It is not the Democrats' fault that Trump is a corrupt piece of human garbage and the Republicans, to a man/woman, are enabling him.

But I thought we were talking about the larger problems with our country and government as a whole.

And the Democrats do have culpability for said human garbage winning.

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

In the scope that you've defined I'd agree. It is not the Democrats' fault that Trump is a corrupt piece of human garbage and the Republicans, to a man/woman, are enabling him.

But I thought we were talking about the larger problems with our country and government as a whole.

And the Democrats do have culpability for said human garbage winning.

If the democrats would have won, then trump wouldn't be in office. That is true.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Fuck the DNC. Fuck Schumer. Fuck Tom Perez. 

This

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

And this.

Bring in new blood. Kamala fits that bill, but I voted Pete in the primaries because he's incredibly smart, unemotional enough to stay in the middle, and knows where he falls short and not afraid to bring in SMEs to advise him.

Can you imagine him in a debate the orange one? He would absolutely DESTROY Trump. 

But alas, Americans wouldn't vote for him simply because his sexual orientation. As an immigrant, I'll say this... the average American is fucking dumb.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, thepop said:

I'm doing Text banking for Texas Democrats tonight. Mostly non eventful. We ask if you are planning on supporting Biden, Hegar, etc.

Of the people that respond, mostly yes's and some saying "stop".

Only one Trump 2020 tonight. I said thanks for letting me know, have a nice day (the standard response).

She responded with again, Trump 2020. So i'm saying fuck it with the pre written responses and i'm trolling this woman.

Keep going...

I'm just fed up and reading the RBG thread just has me besides myself with the level of delusion and fear mongering that is happening on this board, which is supposed to be a place for people to talk about sports. 

Maybe it's just because I've read history or because I have tons of conservative white and non white rural and urban friends who I talk to on a regular basis, but shit isn't this way because of the last 3 years. Mitch Mcconnell didn't just start being an evil spineless piece of shit. Everyone is pretending now that we have a president that broadcasts his playbook out loud instead of doing it in secret that the world is doomed. It's been this way since I've been of voting age - dick cheney did way more horrible shit than Trump even hopes to do as fucking veep. This is the same party that thought that Sarah Palin was a solid vp pick. The GOP has been half stupid for a long time, this cycle they just went full retard and everyone knows you never go full retard. 

Covid is a global phenomenon that the entire planet is still struggling with, there is 0 chance that even if we got it perfect that the US would be getting back to normal right now. Would there be substantially less damage and death? Probably. That doesn't change that travel domestic and international would have significant restrictions would still be needed until the whole world got things under control.

Everyone is just now coming to the realization that RBG was dying, but she has been dying for the last 4 years. It's all bogus and everyone wants to point to something someone is doing that is more and more nefarious than usual, when in reality we have been building this shittastic reality that we live in - all of us are complicit. Real change will never happen until there is no ruling class and until people decide that what happens in local and state government is important to their lives. Looking to a bunch of average at best people who are sent to Washington DC to "make decisions for their constituents" have been literally reduced to blue or red dots and that is the sad truth. There has only been a small handful of meaningful pieces of legislature that has made America more progressive or safer or more prosperous since before 2000, but a whole hell of a lot of bullshit fucking earmarked trash legislation sure as fuck has been passed in that time. 

You know the best policies? Simple ones that are small. We don't need bills that are 187 pages long we need bills that are 2 pages long so normal people can fucking understand them.

The entire United States constitution is only 4500 words and it is responsible for how an entire god damned country is run. How the fuck do we need 381k+ words to talk about how we can get people medical help if they need it and they are citizens? 

Shit is too fucking complicated for anyone to understand and that's why we need legislators? That's the biggest crock of shit ever. These fucking idiots don't even know how to use email correctly.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr6720/text

Can anyone tell me what the fuck this piece of garbage legislation even is trying to accomplish?

This is why I am so pissed off. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, thepop said:

I'm doing Text banking for Texas Democrats tonight. Mostly non eventful. We ask if you are planning on supporting Biden, Hegar, etc.

Of the people that respond, mostly yes's and some saying "stop".

Only one Trump 2020 tonight. I said thanks for letting me know, have a nice day (the standard response).

She responded with again, Trump 2020. So i'm saying fuck it with the pre written responses and i'm trolling this woman.

Best Popcorn GIFs | Gfycat

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm just fed up and reading the RBG thread just has me besides myself with the level of delusion and fear mongering that is happening on this board, which is supposed to be a place for people to talk about sports. 

Maybe it's just because I've read history or because I have tons of conservative white and non white rural and urban friends who I talk to on a regular basis, but shit isn't this way because of the last 3 years. Mitch Mcconnell didn't just start being an evil spineless piece of shit. Everyone is pretending now that we have a president that broadcasts his playbook out loud instead of doing it in secret that the world is doomed. It's been this way since I've been of voting age - dick cheney did way more horrible shit than Trump even hopes to do as fucking veep. This is the same party that thought that Sarah Palin was a solid vp pick. The GOP has been half stupid for a long time, this cycle they just went full retard and everyone knows you never go full retard. 

Covid is a global phenomenon that the entire planet is still struggling with, there is 0 chance that even if we got it perfect that the US would be getting back to normal right now. Would there be substantially less damage and death? Probably. That doesn't change that travel domestic and international would have significant restrictions would still be needed until the whole world got things under control.

Everyone is just now coming to the realization that RBG was dying, but she has been dying for the last 4 years. It's all bogus and everyone wants to point to something someone is doing that is more and more nefarious than usual, when in reality we have been building this shittastic reality that we live in - all of us are complicit. Real change will never happen until there is no ruling class and until people decide that what happens in local and state government is important to their lives. Looking to a bunch of average at best people who are sent to Washington DC to "make decisions for their constituents" have been literally reduced to blue or red dots and that is the sad truth. There has only been a small handful of meaningful pieces of legislature that has made America more progressive or safer or more prosperous since before 2000, but a whole hell of a lot of bullshit fucking earmarked trash legislation sure as fuck has been passed in that time. 

You know the best policies? Simple ones that are small. We don't need bills that are 187 pages long we need bills that are 2 pages long so normal people can fucking understand them.

The entire United States constitution is only 4500 words and it is responsible for how an entire god damned country is run. How the fuck do we need 381k+ words to talk about how we can get people medical help if they need it and they are citizens? 

Shit is too fucking complicated for anyone to understand and that's why we need legislators? That's the biggest crock of shit ever. These fucking idiots don't even know how to use email correctly.

Can anyone tell me what the fuck this piece of garbage legislation even is trying to accomplish?

I thought no were all pissed off at the same things man. We are. I am. Pork in legislation, morons who don’t view politics as a public service but a job, all of it. 

everyone’s scared now because we’re scared after this we won’t have a chance to fix anything. We won’t be able to remedy the mistakes. To implement legislation. I can’t speak for anyone here other than myself, despite my casual use of “we’re” And “everyone” already in this post. But that’s why I’m scared. 

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

Why did we get to the point that the party of Cheney, Palin, McConnell, and Trump have any power in the US?  Because they won elections.  Why did they win elections? Because a sizable percent of our population are susceptible to right-wing radio, fox news, rightwing social media and other propaganda. We need to take steps to overcome the voting power of that gullible population.  Adding senators from PR and DC would drastically help with the senate.  Removing the electoral college would help with minimizing their control of the white house.  Ending political gerrymandering would help make the US house more representative. Regulating social media and cable news in a fairness doctorine-type of way would help all around.  

There are a ton of real actions we can take, but it requires the GOP to be voted out of office.

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I thought no were all pissed off at the same things man. We are. I am. Pork in legislation, morons who don’t view politics as a public service but a job, all of it. 

everyone’s scared now because we’re scared after this we won’t have a chance to fix anything. We won’t be able to remedy the mistakes. To implement legislation. I can’t speak for anyone here other than myself, despite my casual use of “we’re” And “everyone” already in this post. But that’s why I’m scared. 

Fear is the anti response and I think that's what has me so mad at people on the board. If you feel fear we have already lost. 

The correct feeling is one of tenacity. It's time for us to stand up to the bullshit and not accept "the way it is/was" anymore. Not by marching, not by rioting, not by arguing on a message board, but by voting, and by getting involved in the change at a fundamental level no matter how small. 

2 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Why did we get to the point that the party of Cheney, Palin, McConnell, and Trump have any power in the US?  Because they won elections.  Why did they win elections? Because a sizable percent of our population are susceptible to right-wing radio, fox news, rightwing social media and other propaganda. We need to take steps to overcome the voting power of that gullible population.  Adding senators from PR and DC would drastically help with the senate.  Removing the electoral college would help with minimizing their control of the white house.  Ending political gerrymandering would help make the US house more representative. Regulating social media and cable news in a fairness doctorine-type of way would help all around.  

There are a ton of real actions we can take, but it requires the GOP to be voted out of office.

Or people could just you know...vote. imagine 95% turnout and how different our government looks then?

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

New page, let’s be best

I'm not terribly sure how well it's going. 

I'll give it a pass. Not failing.

6 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

that's one way to do it:

This is America. 

This is why we vote and protest. Sworn citizens to a valiant cause.

I live here. I love it too much to leave. 

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

surly in a nutshell.

Yep. 

5 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Damn, imamac sounds as irate as I was last night. I was fixing to get my machete and kill me some wipeepo Trump supporters. I was gonna go after the lady across the street because she is old and I think I can take her. Then I stopped radicalizing myself with CNN and went to bed. Being pissed off at being the powerless majority is exhausting. I really need to go back to watching PBS Newshour so Mrs. Watson doesn't get hacked up. 

I think you should take her some baked goods. Ask if she wants the special version with extra booze.

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Will Rogers. You know the quote. The more things change. 

15 minutes ago, immamac said:

If we ever get to go to Lee Harvey's again I want to get you a beer. 

It's like you don't get around here very much. I don't blame you. It's depressing. But, here you are. Slinging poo with the rest of us in the open sewer of politics. 

Have fun!

Remember we're supposed to think that Sisyphus is actually glad to roll that stone.

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

Or people could just you know...vote. imagine 95% turnout and how different our government looks then?

Yep. We can decrease voter suppression.  Limit efforts to purge voting roles. Make election day a federal holiday.  One political party represents all of that.

10 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Yep. We can decrease voter suppression.  Limit efforts to purge voting roles. Make election day a federal holiday.  One political party represents all of that.

I could give a fuck what party stand for anything - thats my entire point. Vote for PEOPLE who stand for that, or be the PERSON. Voter suppression is only a thing because people aren't die hard about voting. Even me in 2016 - I felt so disenfranchised and disconnected from what the political reality was that I checked out, me and TENS OF MILLIONS of others. I was the problem in 2016, because even though I wouldn't have voted for any candidate state or federal on the ballot I didn't do my part to indicating that I needed something else from a representative government. Imagine if "no vote" by default was counted as a candidate.

138 million Americans only make up 58.1% of our voting-eligible population (those American citizens over 18).

41.9% for the "no one" candidates. Except for the blowout races "no one" would win, it definitely would have won the presidential election. That's how fucked our government is People have completely checked out.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, immamac said:

It's unimaginable to get to that number with the Electoral College and general voters suppression. 80% turnout is considered strong in European countries with a popular vote. 

I agree the goal should be almost everyone. There's a lot of norms that have to be broken down in order to make it feasible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Voter suppression is only a thing because people aren't die hard about voting. Even me in 2016 - I felt so disenfranchised and disconnected from what the political reality was that I checked out, me and TENS OF MILLIONS of others.

Respectfully, you sitting out in 2016 is a sign of privilege compared to others that deal with voter suppression. Do not lump yourself in with people that have legitimate hurdles. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

I could give a fuck what party stand for anything - thats my entire point. Vote for PEOPLE who stand for that, or be the PERSON. Voter suppression is only a thing because people aren't die hard about voting.

I understand you don't want political parties to play a role in this, but the two parties represent two stark directions on voting and on the strength of democracy in the US. The reality is that your desires on this issue align with the democratic party. It sounds like you should vote straight ticket democrat in November.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Are you arguing for a socialist revolution?

Im so confused on what you want; other than to be really angry in the internet. 

He really wants to drive the point home that owning a website doesn't mean your IQ pushes triple digits. I've seen better posts from fucking Swam than the dumbass bullshit immamac has spouted today. Unreal.

1 hour ago, thepop said:

How does anyone think this shit helps?   I don't know of a single person that gets these and isn't annoyed.  

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

This

And this.

Bring in new blood. Kamala fits that bill, but I voted Pete in the primaries because he's incredibly smart, unemotional enough to stay in the middle, and knows where he falls short and not afraid to bring in SMEs to advise him.

Can you imagine him in a debate the orange one? He would absolutely DESTROY Trump. 

But alas, Americans wouldn't vote for him simply because his sexual orientation. As an immigrant, I'll say this... the average American is fucking dumb.

I was born in Pomona, CA, and yeah, I'll second that. 

19 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait.  immamac is raging about "get out the vote" and he didn't even vote in 2016?  Did I understand that correctly?

If he lives in Texas I’ll defend that somewhat. I was gonna vote for Bernie in the election even though he was out of the running until my daughter asked me to vote for Hillary and I can’t say no to her. I had rationalized voting for Bernie because TEXAS didn’t matter anyway.  This year it does. 

8 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

He really wants to drive the point home that owning a website doesn't mean your IQ pushes triple digits. I've seen better posts from fucking Swam than the dumbass bullshit immamac has spouted today. Unreal.

Swammy? Let’s not go too far now with the hyperbole.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Skipper said:

How does anyone think this shit helps?   I don't know of a single person that gets these and isn't annoyed.  

It's used to find committed voters, let them know how to vote. Sometimes you find people who aren't registered and you can help them too. 

https://whystatesmatter.sisterdistrict.com/phonebank-its-worth-it-411ca40dfc6b

If you're voting for Biden, always respond to a Dem phonebanker confirming your vote. Then they can move on to reaching out to more people.

If it's a Republican phonebanker, don't respond. Let them waste more time texting you later. 

With all that's on the line in November, why get pissed about a fucking text? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1