2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Harris couldn't even make it to the primary.

this is not a good part of your argument.  you should omit on the next go round.

she dropped out because of "money" but it was seen by most as a strategic timing decision made to benefit her future.  she did not want to be on the california ballot and the timing of her exit reflected that.

nobody cares about 2nd or 5th or 9th place in the primaries, but it's foolish to act as if kamala finished behind those who dropped out after her.  even you don't believe it.

as for gaining/losing/keeping votes by adding kamala, there were plenty of ctg types basically threatening to not vote for biden unless he added a black woman to the ticket.  was it a hollow threat?  probably.  but who knows.

17 minutes ago, thepop said:

I’m sure it was a big shock to him since he surrounds himself with people at work who lick his ass all day. Then he goes all around the country to his racist, super spreading, Nuremberg rallies filled with people shoulder to shoulder who aren’t wearing masks. Those people merely wish they were good enough ( In Trumps view) to lick trumps ass all day.

hopefully Biden has a big surprise waiting for trump next week.

I call total bullshit on the “ democrats are less likely to vote if they think trump will steal the election”.

it sounds like another wish list GOP conspiracy theory cooked up by people detached from reality. Has anyone stopped to take a look at democratic fundraising lately? Numbers are going through the roof. People know this is their one and only chance to get rid of this grotesque, obese, retarded, childish, idiotic, loser of a president. I know democrats who will crawl over broken glass to vote Trump out.

Well that whole exchange started because of a “Lots of people are saying” tweet from Resister Grifter and Disgruntled Bro Ryan Grim.

Nate should be flogged just for amplifying that guy much less amplifying a tweet with a faulty premise and no supporting data.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

she dropped out because of "money" but it was seen by most as a strategic timing decision made to benefit her future.  she did not want to be on the california ballot and the timing of her exit reflected that.

nobody cares about 2nd or 5th or 9th place in the primaries, but it's foolish to act as if kamala finished behind those who dropped out after her.  even you don't believe it.

Which is why I never said that.

I said she couldn't even make it to the primaries, which is true. This indicates that she didn't interest or excite any available voting base that might propel her forward.

Joe had old people (especially old blacks). Bernie had young people. Pete & Liz had college-educated whites. Kamala didn't really have anyone and was 5th/6th in the polls by the time she dropped out and by the time she was chosen as VP any heat had cooled entirely.

If she had stayed in I bet she would've remained 4th or lower behind Joe, Bernie, Pete, and Liz. Probably sparring with Liz for 4th.

I honestly don't think it's all that controversial to point out that Harris isn't bringing some kind of coalition. It's kind of obvious.

as for gaining/losing/keeping votes by adding kamala, there were plenty of ctg types basically threatening to not vote for biden unless he added a black woman to the ticket.  was it a hollow threat?  probably.  but who knows.

There definitely ARE people who wanted a black woman. Hell, I'm glad it's a black woman. In some abstract sense it is cool to have that. I'm only thinking about voters that will come into Biden's camp now and their impact on the electoral scene. I don't see it, but I might be wrong! Let's find out!

45 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

These are what we call Tier 2 calls.  Made to people whose inclination per voting isn't clear in the voter database.  They are looking for potential D voters that the systems mis-categorized.   Case in point, I had a call from a guy in my county who registered in Oct.  But for some reason he was tagged a Rep, without having voted once in the state.  He just moved from Chicago.  

So when they get the note that someone leans one way or the other they are either put on the GOTV rolls, or not contacted again if def Red voter.   The time for persuasion calls is past, and now they are trying to just find as many Dems that might have been overlooked to add to GOTV campaign.  

Now if things go right, then the info is input and database is updated every night.  But there are definitely times it goes haywire.  

But that's why they are asking and how it helps going forward.

This will be another club in their bag if Trump loses Texas.  They will try to get the vote cancelled, and then swing it to appointed delegates.  

The hell they fucking will. I have a feeling the crowds surrounding the capital would be enormous if that were to happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Which is why I never said that.

I said she couldn't even make it to the primaries, which is true. This indicates that she didn't interest or excite any available voting base that might propel her forward.

right, you said she couldn't.  the reality is she made a choice not to.  she wasn't forced out like a reality show.   there's a difference. 

your other points about kamala are valid, but this is not a good one.

2 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I never thought the country could tolerate a president who abused the office for personal profit. I never thought the country could tolerate a president who abused the office for personal political gain. I never thought the country could tolerate a president who openly, actively, seeks and receives foreign assistance to influence American elections. I never thought the country could tolerate the open politicization of the justice department, and the use of power to protect political allies, while punishing political opponents.

One political party is responsible for all of this. Fuck whoever is arguing “both sides” in this election. This country has already become a banana republic that only benefits corrupt glad handers taking their grift while they can. I’m honestly not sure the damage from this administration can be undone. 

Agreed.  The Dems have their issues, but they aren't in the same fucking ballpark, aren't in the same league, and aren't even playing the same fucking sport as the Republicans right now.

The GOP has controlled the Senate since 2015.  They have controlled the Presidency since 2016.  They controlled the House until 2019 when the Dems took over and who haven't done shit with it except mount a warranted-but-farcical impeachment that accomplished nil.

Where America is today vs 4 years ago is the result of Donald Trump's "leadership", the GOP senators providing him with an umbrella of invulnerability and the people that voted for them and who will continue to do so in spite of everything Pig mentioned.  If you want to identify whats wrong with America at this point in time, there it is.

We shouldn't even be talking about Democrats or Republicans.  This election is not a choice between two different yet equally valid ideologies.  There are not two valid sides to racism, civil rights, human rights or representative democracy.  There is simply right and wrong.  Good and evil.  Those are the choices before us in this election.

It is time to stand and be counted for what defines who we are at the most basic level, not just as a nation, but as human beings.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

Just now, Goredho said:

They controlled the House until 2019 when the Dems took over and who haven't done shit with it except mount a warranted-but-farcical impeachment that accomplished nil.

As opposed to doing what now? They passed bills that were shot down in senate. Not sure what else you expected.

1 minute ago, thepop said:

As opposed to doing what now? They passed bills that were shot down in senate. Not sure what else you expected.

Yeahhhhhh.... that's the point.  The Dems have not been in a position to steer the country anywhere.  Where we are now vs 4 years ago is where the GOP has directed us.

7 minutes ago, thepop said:

As much as we ridicule Republicans over Benghazi it was an effective political strategy brought about by a Paul Ryan GOP house to hurt Hillary politically.  It worked and as we mock that farce, they are now stacking the courts with GOP judges.  They weaponized the house, the democrats refuse to do that, they refuse to even give the appearance of doing that.  Bottom line is Pelosi has many weapons she chooses not to use b/c she deems them risky.  The Republicans DGAF, it’s warfare. Haul Hillary in for 11 hours over bullshit. 

Pelosi thinks those tactics aren’t worth the effort. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

G Elliot and Nate S at each other’s throats.  Former calling the latter a fraud, latter blocking the former. Lulz. 

TBH they are both right - Nate is right that the "Trump is gonna steal the election" stuff is getting waaaay over played and might have an impact on Democratic turnout and Morris is right that Nate should have kept it to himself. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Unrelated to anything, but this is a thread with heavy participation.

Can someone explain to me why "Galaxy Brain" is the current insult of the month on social media?  As in "that's real galaxy brain thinking."  Seems to be everywhere. Meme related?

it's an older meme sir, but it checks out. I guess it's just the flavor of the month

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Kamala Harris, on dropping out...
-------------------------------
“I’ve taken stock and looked at this from every angle, and over the last few days have come to one of the hardest decisions of my life. My campaign for president simply doesn’t have the financial resources we need to continue."

“I’m not a billionaire. I can’t fund my own campaign,” Harris said in a video explaining her decision to drop out. “And as the campaign has gone on, it has become harder and harder to raise the money we need to compete. In good faith, I can’t tell you, my supporters and volunteers, that I have a path forward if I don’t believe I do.”
-------------------------------

WELL, ACTUALLY KAMALA, YOUR CAMPAIGN DOES, IN FACT, HAVE THE FINANCIAL RESOURCES TO CONTINUE BECAUSE TECHNICALLY YOU DON'T NEED ANY MONEY TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT!

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

it's an older meme sir, but it checks out. I guess it's just the flavor of the month

Thanks, OK, I've seen that meme, but missed where it became an insult.  From what I gather it is essentially "you think you're doing/saying something smart but you're actually stupid."  Side note: twiterrati slap fights are tiring.  

7 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I sure hope someone is doing a wellness check on Joe today! I’m very concerned 

But really, why not say at 5pm today, no events tomorrow guys. We’re focusing on debate prep. See you Saturday. 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Fuck You 2

The Hispanic support for Trump just kills me, but anecdotally I see it all the time on message boards....like a good half of the dumbass Trumpy replies are from people with a Hispanic surname. 

On another note, I just did a text-banking thing aimed at getting out young voters in Florida for Biden. One response that started out as "that's not me, this is my boo/thot's phone that I'm in charge of" asked me if Biden is the black dude. When I said no, but Kamala is a woman of color he said "that's not funny, this is a photo of a dead black man---" linked to Kamala the Wrestler who just died of Covid. If troll, then troll game = A

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

image.gif.f7621a516bb944db7d44c2c757446951.gif

"Home state'  of Florida?  What?  He's from New York. He lives in New York.  What's this "home state"  shit? Is it because he knows that he has no chance of winning New York but thinks Florida is still in play and wants to remind voters that he actually owns a property there?

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

"Home state'  of Florida?  What?  He's from New York. He lives in New York.  What's this "home state"  shit? Is it because he knows that he has no chance of winning New York but thinks Florida is still in play and wants to remind voters that he actually owns a property there?

Didn’t even notice that. I was too focused on the wtf is he doing encouraging his followers to mail their votes in while he’s actively trying to delegitimize mail in ballots

This article outlines what I said upthread about why it's bad politics for Trump to push a Supreme Court nomination vote:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-thinks-supreme-court-nomination-vote-good-politics-he-s-ncna1240877

Trump has, once again, miscalculated.  I say let them push for a vote. 

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Didn’t even notice that. I was too focused on the wtf is he doing encouraging his followers to mail their votes in while he’s actively trying to delegitimize mail in ballots

no no no.  he's been very clear on that. he's in favor of the trustworthy voting by mail. its voting by mail that he doesn't like.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Evidently, some states have a rigged voting by mail system and some don't. Clearly Florida doesn't, because c'mon, it's Florida. 

Maybe he should give us all a list of which states are good vote by mail states and which ones are rigged? I mean otherwise how would we know? 

(I can't believe this is our fucking reality right now. Jesus.)

5 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I never thought the country could tolerate a president who abused the office for personal profit. I never thought the country could tolerate a president who abused the office for personal political gain. I never thought the country could tolerate a president who openly, actively, seeks and receives foreign assistance to influence American elections. I never thought the country could tolerate the open politicization of the justice department, and the use of power to protect political allies, while punishing political opponents.

One political party is responsible for all of this. Fuck whoever is arguing “both sides” in this election. This country has already become a banana republic that only benefits corrupt glad handers taking their grift while they can. I’m honestly not sure the damage from this administration can be undone. 

i never thought the country would tolerate a president who said grab them by the pussy.  in the past that would have ended every single politicians campaign.