2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

46 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

But really, why not say at 5pm today, no events tomorrow guys. We’re focusing on debate prep. See you Saturday. 

You mean like ... exactly what they did?*

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said on Wednesday that he’s begun to prepare for next week’s presidential debate, but that more intense preparation begins on Thursday.

The former vice president was flying to North Carolina, where he was making his first campaign stop during the general election in the crucial battleground state.

*Well, not exactly. He told them around 11am. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2

I definitely think Iowa could be in play.

Here is Iowa’s early voting stats :
mail ballots requested by party
Democrats - 300,778
repubs- 154,100
No party affiliation- 88,959
the Democrats number requested equals 46% of Clinton’s 2016 vote share. The republicans number requested is 19.2% of Trumps 2016 vote share. 

We know Democrats are far more likely to vote by mail. That doesn't say much.

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

In what sense did he "need" any of that?

In a media acceptance sense and Twitter blue-check sense, sure, he "needed" that. But in terms of voters? Who are the voting bases that Harris brings to Biden that he didn't already have?

It's a serious question. I genuinely have no idea.

I don’t think the VP pick in this case had as much to do with increasing the voter base as it did with not pissing off his supporters at the time. He was already whipping the shit out of dotard in polling so it was a “just don’t fuck this up move”. Harris filled that role mighty fine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Brandywine said:

Kamala was suppose to make a Big uptick difference in the Biden campaign. I don’t feel like I’ve seen or heard much from her at all. Some, just not as much as she should be, in my option. 

She hasn't done a press pool interview the entire time she's been nominated as VP. Some of the national press were starting to make that a thing.  Along with Biden having a lid on his campaign before lunch like 40% of the month.  

The entire campaign at all levels seems to be about letting Trump have the stage to himself to more or less be himself and repel people. I think it's probably a winning strategy.  Be as anonymous as possible. Don't be that guy. Don't give anyone any reason to dislike you. Ride it to a comfortable 6-8 point win. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Obama won Iowa twice iirc

The last GOP president to carry Iowa was Reagan in 1984- who carried every state except Minnesota.  I could be wrong and W might have snuck out an 04 win in Iowa, but prior to Trump it was an even bluer state in the presdiential than MI, PA, WI and a couple other blue wall states.

I think it's flipped more or less red forever now, but I could be wrong. We shall see this time around.

Anecdotally from my time in Iowa (lots) the IA dems are very liberal and the IA GOP are very conservative.  Like a different species. 

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The last GOP president to carry Iowa was Reagan in 1984- who carried every state except Minnesota.  I could be wrong and W might have snuck out an 04 win in Iowa, but prior to Trump it was an even bluer state in the presdiential than MI, PA, WI and a couple other blue wall states.

I think it's flipped more or less red forever now, but I could be wrong. We shall see this time around.

Anecdotally from my time in Iowa (lots) the IA dems are very liberal and the IA GOP are very conservative.  Like a different species. 

W did win in 2004 - and Gore BARELY won it in 2000. Obama won it easily the next two before Trump crushed Hillary there. 

Edited by The Dog

12 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Oh lord, those trump women (you know what they look like) who were just on this CNN piece stating how they signed up to be poll workers in Detroit to make sure there's not cheating going on....

This....will not end well. 

Fat methy racists? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Oh lord, those trump women (you know what they look like) who were just on this CNN piece stating how they signed up to be poll workers in Detroit to make sure there's not cheating going on....

This....will not end well. 

They suddenly realized as they quaffed their reverse mullets that they don't have to ask to speak with the manager if they are they themselves, the manager.  

My God, the Karens have become self aware.  

This is worse than SkyNet.  

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

But he's got a hot young girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!

(this is literally why a lot of idiots online think he's smart)

LIterally:

So we cold read the girl and reframe the adventure sex option. “You look like a kitten on the outside but there’s a tiger inside”. “I get the feeling you are more adventurous than you look”. “Look at that [item of clothing]. You almost convinced me you were a good girl until I noticed that.”

There’s a segment in Daygame Overkill all about how to do this and why. Like Adams says, it’s an identity play. You aren’t convincing her that you’re a logical (i.e. high SMV) alliance to make. You’re persuading her on the basis that she’s a bit special and likes adventure. Then you provide her with a safe outlet to pursue it (you).

10 minutes ago, The Dog said:

W did win in 2004 - and Gore BARELY won it in 2000. Obama won it easily the next two before Trump crushed Hillary there. 

Thanks. I couldn't remember if W won in 04, but since you said he did I'm sure it was  very near thing.  They didn't vote for Bush 41 and he carried something like 40 states, so for them to be in the 10 that went with Mike D (no respect) shows it's not some hot bed of conservatism that is unwinnable for a Dem.  But, I think it's fundamentally shifted to the right just like Nevada and VA have fundamentally flipped Blue (and AZ is in the process of).  

We shall see. 

29 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

She hasn't done a press pool interview the entire time she's been nominated as VP. Some of the national press were starting to make that a thing.  Along with Biden having a lid on his campaign before lunch like 40% of the month.  

The entire campaign at all levels seems to be about letting Trump have the stage to himself to more or less be himself and repel people. I think it's probably a winning strategy.  Be as anonymous as possible. Don't be that guy. Don't give anyone any reason to dislike you. Ride it to a comfortable 6-8 point win. 

Agree, but they are doing Biden and Kamala for different reasons. For Biden they are carefully managing his appearances because they want to make the election a referendum on Trump and not get put on the defensive about a random comment or policy proposal. For Harris, I think they want to minimize her profile and attack surface until the debate against Pence so that she comes in with nothing to hit and can go for his nuts from the drop in shocking fashion. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

LIterally:

Why the fuck were you ever on that site?  Also, I'm not sure that he's wrong about any of that shit- what say you Mr. sales guy?

I don't do much shit beyond neuro linguistic programing when I'm in sales mode, I do try to pay attention to that.  Beyond that- I sell myself as authentic, but reading that (why did I read that again) it didn't strike me as implausible.  

4 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Agree, but they are doing Biden and Kamala for different reasons. For Biden they are carefully managing his appearances because they want to make the election a referendum on Trump and not get put on the defensive about a random comment or policy proposal. For Harris, I think they want to minimize her profile and attack surface until the debate against Pence so that she comes in with nothing to hit and can go for his nuts from the drop in shocking fashion. 

Maybe. I don't know that I believe that but we will see in a couple weeks I guess. The VP is always supposed to be the attack dog, and I guess she did take a bite out of Biden in 2019, but that's a completely different stage and audience.  We shall see. 

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Wow.....

Those margins look a bit rosy but even if you back out the MOE, that's bad news for Dopey.

Yep. And that matches what I see happening. That said- fox polls seem to tilt D in 2016 and they’ve been on the high end of Biden support this cycle. Doesn’t mean they are wrong, and they have a good rep but I’d be super surprised to see Biden +5 in Ohio. 

Lincoln Project redoubling their fundraising efforts and spending it all in Arizona, Wisconsin, and Florida exclusively.  Abandoning other states.  

And the cool part is, or truly disturbing part, depending on your perspective is what they are going to do between Election Day and Inauguration Day.  Somebody finally realized the GOP voters are gonna need an adult to tell them what to do and not do between those two dates.  It's sad that roughly 21mm of Trump's voters need to be told not to take to the streets with weapons to shoot shit up.  And no fucking Republican is gonna do it.  So it's gonna fall to Lincoln Project and George W. Bush to talk some of you fuckers off the ledge.  

AND HERE WE.......GO

4 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

You mean like ... exactly what they did?*

*Well, not exactly. He told them around 11am. 

I was just going off reporters assigned to his campaign. Including the left leaning ones. They all act as if it’s new info.

I guess he did the same the other 7 days this month he’s been off?

At the very least it’s an extremely low level of campaign activity, Corona or not. 

• Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I was just going off reporters assigned to his campaign. Including the left leaning ones. They all act as if it’s new info.

At the very least it’s an extremely low level of campaign activity, Corona or not. 

Fart noise 

• Haha 1

So BT says Biden isn’t prepared for the debates? Am I getting that part right?

Well I says who gives a shit. How do you prepare for the moment trump drops his drawers on National TV and farts to the nation on camera? Then he says kick my balls!

You can’t really prepare for that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

When has Trump given Biden a chance to jump in?

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I should add this though, I thought Hillary’s strategy of painting Trump as unfit For office would be a win, but she didn’t have anything she stood for either. I think trumps less popular and Biden is less hated, but if he somehow doesn’t win I’m going to make it a point to believe that you have to run for president with some agenda of your own. Does he have a campaign slogan?  Is it something like return to normal or something like that?  
Again, I’ve contended the entire year that Trump is imploding and you just stay out of his way, but it is sort of a scary strategy to just basically not try to do much of anything on your own, blend into the background, and cede the stage to the other guy.