2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

7 minutes ago, PW119 said:

Do the results of the  Senate's investigation into Hunter Biden hurt?  Haven't heard much fallout, but man that's some Bullshit they had going.

Hunter Biden isn't on the ballot. Same with Eric Trump. 

Anyone it affects wasn't going to vote for Biden anyway and anyone who cares about Eric Trump wasn't voting for Trump either.

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

As an engineer who often has to field cold calls, I am here to tell you that there is at least one potential customer out there who will cross a salesperson off the list if they open up with bullshit like that.  Ask me if we can meet, because I'm the one doing the favor, not you.

This 100%.  The next thing anyone who calls me cold is going to hear if they open up with "When can you meet?" is going to be my phone hanging up.  

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Thanks for the Carlin link. I love him with Hard core history- don’t listen to common sense. Is it long?  Is it good?  

He can go far afield with Common Sense, but on this particularly one, I think he does a good job of dealing with the idea of what Trump has done and what he might do if we keep him on.

Do the results of the  Senate's investigation into Hunter Biden hurt?  Haven't heard much fallout, but man that's some Bullshit they had going.

The lone positive of 3 straight years of overt politicization of the government is that everyone has retreated to their own echo chambers and I doubt there is really any news that will move the needle. I bet Barr anticipated that “NINE DISCARDED BALLOTS!!!!” would be huge news, but outside of Breitbart/OAN it was barely a fart in the wind.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The lone positive of 3 straight years of overt politicization of the government is that everyone has retreated to their own echo chambers and I doubt there is really any news that will move the needle. I bet Barr anticipated that “NINE DISCARDED BALLOTS!!!!” would be huge news, but outside of Breitbart/OAN it was barely a fart in the wind.

I think this is largely true.  Nothing matters anymore.

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Well part of it is that they don’t even know what the fuck happened with those ballots. Just that and investigation is open. Since the normal ballots hadn’t been sent out yet, and apparently these military write in ballots look similar enough to a ballot application that they were opened erroneously. Not to mention that the GOP fought to have ballots that didn’t include the extra security envelope invalidated, it’s possible that these didn’t have them, and since they were erroneously opened thinking they were ballot applications, without that security envelop they had to be invalidated. 

45 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

This 100%.  The next thing anyone who calls me cold is going to hear if they open up with "When can you meet?" is going to be my phone hanging up.  

my favorite is the emails that start with "let's go ahead and schedule that call we discussed earlier..."  and of course it's always from some lead-gen company i've never communicated with before.

so they decided the smart move was to skip the step about assuming i want to speak with them, and go right to essentially blaming me for dropping the ball on some imaginary back-and-forth scheduling conversation.  yep, that's gonna get reported as spam, because that's what it is.

i understand the initial notion of "avoiding yes or no questions (that are typically 'no' questions)" and instead favoring actual answer questions, but this ain't it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, heso said:

Well part of it is that they don’t even know what the fuck happened with those ballots. Just that and investigation is open. Since the normal ballots hadn’t been sent out yet, and apparently these military write in ballots look similar enough to a ballot application that they were opened erroneously. Not to mention that the GOP fought to have ballots that didn’t include the extra security envelope invalidated, it’s possible that these didn’t have them, and since they were erroneously opened thinking they were ballot applications, without that security envelop they had to be invalidated. 

Speaking of, I'm supposed to be getting my ballot next week.

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

That’s not a positive for the body politic, but yeah- I get what you are saying. 

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

my favorite is the emails that start with "let's go ahead and schedule that call we discussed earlier..."  and of course it's always from some lead-gen company i've never communicated with before.

so they decided the smart move was to skip the step about assuming i want to speak with them, and go right to essentially blaming me for dropping the ball on some imaginary back-and-forth scheduling conversation.  yep, that's gonna get reported as spam, because that's what it is.

i understand the initial notion of "avoiding yes or no questions (that are typically 'no' questions)" and instead favoring actual answer questions, but this ain't it.

Agreed. It’s awful. No we didn’t talk. If we’d have talked I’d have scheduled an appointment to meet with you bro. Get the fuck out of here. 

9 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

1. DTJ is coked out of his gourd. 

2. The message is scary AF.  Join Trump’s army to go out to polling places and defend your vote. There will be bloodshed on Election Day, if not during early voting. 

don jr is really giving blow a bad name.  it's unfortunate.

4 minutes ago, Underdog said:

A lot of Rs will be showing up in black face to get a piece of the pie.  

Not a lot.  Just a couple of Trump cronies, who will get the no-bid contract to administer $500 billion in grants and such.....and said program somehow ends up incurring $480 billion in administrative fees, consulting costs, placement commissions, etc., including holding regular meetings (at full price, with dozens of rooms booked) at Mar a Lago.

The rule of this admin is "it's all grift -- all of it."

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Not a lot.  Just a couple of Trump cronies, who will get the no-bid contract to administer $500 billion in grants and such.....and said program somehow ends up incurring $480 billion in administrative fees, consulting costs, placement commissions, etc., including holding regular meetings (at full price, with dozens of rooms booked) at Mar a Lago.

The rule of this admin is "it's all grift -- all of it."

The Trump cronies are only the loud ones, you'd be surprised how many are really out there. 

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If Biden has a weakness, it’s that he doesn’t have a BIG idea he’s planting his flag in and running with.  The good news for Biden is, unlike 2016, Trump doesn’t have any big ideas he’s trying to advance, unless you count Trumpism as a governing philosophy. 

Does he really need any idea? All he has to do for the entire debate is list out all of the idiotic things Trump has said, done, and not done during his presidency, correcting every lie Trump has told for four years - Obama golf vs Trump golf, grifting of contracts, no healthcare despite promising for four years, people in positions of authority that are completely unqualified, disastrous foreign actions, etc.  He could go on for hours refuting every single thing ever said by that moron.  Then sum up by pointing to Trump and saying "Everything that guys says is bullshit and I will do the exact opposite."

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Does he really need any idea? All he has to do for the entire debate is list out all of the idiotic things Trump has said, done, and not done during his presidency, correcting every lie Trump has told for four years - Obama golf vs Trump golf, grifting of contracts, no healthcare despite promising for four years, people in positions of authority that are completely unqualified, disastrous foreign actions, etc.  He could go on for hours refuted every single thing ever said by that moron.  Then sum up by pointing to Trump and saying "Everything that guys says is bullshit and I will do the exact opposite."

I think that’s not likely a winning strategy. If you’ve seen 4 years of Trump and aren’t out on him but still undecided it means you don’t find him to be disqualified and nothing said is likely to change that, so Biden Probably ought to make a positive effort for those voters. I think there’s very few of those voters out there. 

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I think that’s not likely a winning strategy. If you’ve seen 4 years of Trump and aren’t out on him but still undecided it means you don’t find him to be disqualified and nothing said is likely to change that, so Biden Probably ought to make a positive effort for those voters. I think there’s very few of those voters out there. 

exactly.  that's why the entire focus of the debate should be on making me feel better and I need Biden to do this little solid for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

1. DTJ is coked out of his gourd. 

2. The message is scary AF.  Join Trump’s army to go out to polling places and defend your vote. There will be bloodshed on Election Day, if not during early voting. 

Dude looks like he’s been handing an 8 ball back and forth with a stranger named Chet for 4 straight hours. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Such a weird flex. 

every tactic is fear-based.  their playbook continues to be a single post-it.

someone should correct it and say "actually, guess they're joining the masses of other americans who believe trump is a corrupt criminal asshole and a cancer on our nation."

• Hook 'Em 1