2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Young dumb poor whites are worker bees. They work hard and earn everything they have. So they believe and live the "work hard, follow the rules, law and order, earn what you get" stuff. The GOP uses these talking points to lower taxes for the rich. The dumb poor whites have a shittier life because of the GOP. It's the reason they don't have good healthcare, funded schools, or any other benefits. They think that all these rich people pulled themselves up by their boostraps through hard work. The reality is most are not "self made". 

But as long as keep selling the work hard American Dream bullshit, the young dumb whites will buy it. They will continue to complain about no blue collar jobs that all the corporations that own the GOP keep sending over seas. 

It's a vicious cycle. They're too stupid to see the people they're voting for keep fucking them over. 

I'm stealing this and putting it on blast.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Young dumb poor whites are worker bees. They work hard and earn everything they have. So they believe and live the "work hard, follow the rules, law and order, earn what you get" stuff. The GOP uses these talking points to lower taxes for the rich. The dumb poor whites have a shittier life because of the GOP. It's the reason they don't have good healthcare, funded schools, or any other benefits. They think that all these rich people pulled themselves up by their boostraps through hard work. The reality is most are not "self made". 

But as long as keep selling the work hard American Dream bullshit, the young dumb whites will buy it. They will continue to complain about no blue collar jobs that all the corporations that own the GOP keep sending over seas. 

It's a vicious cycle. They're too stupid to see the people they're voting for keep fucking them over. 

Don’t forget the GOP also likes to package the “ family values” and “ if you care about this country, you will vote GOP” bullshit while waving the American flag as much as possible in peoples faces.

Edited by Voldemort86

15 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Gah. They’re just so hateful. How exhausting must it be to live that way.

this is how you deal with it people. just like this. honest pity mixed in with a big fucking mirror so they can see themselves. everything else is likely just tinder for their world view of hate and death

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

So no debate this week.

does that favor Biden or trump?  Could trump try to force the debate to happen anyway with negative tests?

Let him travel every day to his rallies tiring himself out, so when it's time for what would be the 3rd debate later this month, he bumps his dose of dexamethasone too high, Hulk-smashes the podium, and tries to punch Biden.

Edited by SizzleChest

4 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

So no debate this week.

does that favor Biden or trump?  Could trump try to force the debate to happen anyway with negative tests?

The risk with a debate is that Biden will either struggle with his stutter and appear "foggy" to the unaware, or that he'll actually tee off beyond "man, will you just shut up".

Trump is making the vast majority of the mistakes at this point.  Let him.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

So no debate this week.

If you believe the various polls...then I would conclude it helps Biden. It’s one less opportunity for Biden to commit and unforced error and risk his current lead in the polls.  

A rally a day is going to be a tough schedule stamina wise from someone who may not have full lung capacity. Trump spoke for 18 minutes yesterday, I didn't listen to his phone call with Fox, but if he is on a podium and starts coughing and wheezing, I guess his supporters can toss him a Ricola.

54 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Trump is making the vast majority of the mistakes at this point.  Let him.

Agreed, just give the motherfucker some rope and let him hang himself.  If anything, Trump out there going batshit crazy will just motivate more people who can’t stand him to get out and vote.  

I will be surprised if there is another debate. No one in the Trump campaign follows the protocols, no one will comply with them if mandated, and you can’t trust their word. Everyone attending is basically just playing I hope I don’t get infected by Trumps campaign 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This is one of the 'outs' I agree. The disingenuous purity test.

McConnell effortlessly lured the media into making it a 'thing.' Not sure why the Democrats walked into the trap as well, but here we are. It's fairly impressive albeit repulsive at how the GOP has subverted representation in order to pack the courts, but that doesn't seem to gain much traction. Always the starting point is ThE DeMocRaTs HavE To AnsWer to THiS!

We're watching the quiet part play out in Texas right now. Why do they wait so long to appoint?

judges will continue to be an issue as long as this country uses the backwards ass shit that allows number of states > number of citizens.  it's why the senate and the electoral college are antiquated and ridiculous.  2/3 of our government doesn't give a shit about the majority.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So my local tv stations are out of Billings. I was watching cbs for the Dallas game, and in between the end of the game and the start of 60 minutes there was a Trump ad, from the actual Trump campaign. That tell anyone anything?

They did elect a Democrat for governor.

So my local tv stations are out of Billings. I was watching cbs for the Dallas game, and in between the end of the game and the start of 60 minutes there was a Trump ad, from the actual Trump campaign. That tell anyone anything?

I think that is primarily for Daniels’s benefit, on the theory that there aren’t going to be that many ticket-splitters and they need to juice Trumpublican turnout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I will be surprised if there is another debate. No one in the Trump campaign follows the protocols, no one will comply with them if mandated, and you can’t trust their word. Everyone attending is basically just playing I hope I don’t get infected by Trumps campaign 

Just saw on cnn app a few minutes ago that the Trump camp is pushing for the debate to be rescheduled despite not saying when the last time president Trump tested negative.

these guys are so predictable. Ugh.

With the way my R friends are bitching about vote by mail, the vast, overwhelming majority of these must be Biden votes, right?
unless vote by mail is another in a long list of items that Rs rail against publicly but then do in private, like have gay sex or get abortions. 
Likely so given that early in person voters (not aware of early voting procedures in these states) also break for Biden in polls.

13 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

Basically dumb vs not.  Sorry to be so blunt, but low education racist whites is what's left for Trump.

Nothing to apologize when you're right.  His base has always been poorer, more likely to be uneducated , and typically white.  It's sort of a hilarious irony.

5 hours ago, Calihorn said:

Really starting to see examples of Goll's point about shy Biden voters. Lots of aunts and cousins that despise Trump while their spouses support him

Have seen more than a few suburban moms who aren't really political and were like, yea why not Trump, he's good at business, the first go around.  They're now repulsed and actively working against him while their husbands continue to drink the kool-aid.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Biden reportedly down to Cuomo, Abrams, Yates for AG. I want Cuomo out of NYC but not by way of a promotion. Hopefully Sally Q. gets the nod.

Cart, horse and all that, but please please please not Sally Yates. She is not remotely a champion of criminal justice reform. 

My dream pick would be Sherriylnn Ifill

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Well now I’ve seen a Biden ad as well. 

if you think constant political ads are a beating this time of year, try having to watch ad after ad for governor, senate, and AG for a state you can’t even vote in. 

try being in the Austin market, which is gerrymandered to hell... ads for 6 different US House districts x 2 opponents

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/10/2020 at 7:56 AM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Maybe in this thread there was talk about a threatening letter that was sent to people who had Biden/Harris signs. Since I live in a Trumpy area, our family decided to stay out of the sign support especially due to some other behaviors we had witnessed. Sad, but these are the times. Anyway, here's another one. Secret Service got involved:

On 10/10/2020 at 9:19 AM, Horn Dog said:

This is why I don’t put a lot of stock in the whole “I see more Trump signs than Biden”.  There is a huge disincentive for Biden supporters to put out signs given the number of batshit crazy maga supporters.  I am not going to make my house a target for these fuckheads either.

The below was shared on Nextdoor.  It's a ring video from my neighborhood where some MAGA supporter saw a person's Biden sign and actually felt the need to go up and ring the doorbell to talk some political shit to strangers. Amazing.

https://ring.com/share/a0e4c448-addb-4e83-a158-8dafcba5b4b5

Edited by Tom

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Well now I’ve seen a Biden ad as well. 

if you think constant political ads are a beating this time of year, try having to watch ad after ad for governor, senate, and AG for a state you can’t even vote in. 

There is a local one in Houston trying to be negative and claiming that the opposition went to “drug fueled festivals in the desert”. 

It had the opposite outcome they intended. 

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Tom said:

The below was shared on Nextdoor.  It's a ring video from my neighborhood where some MAGA supporter saw a person's Biden sign and actually felt the need to go up and ring the doorbell to talk some political shit to strangers. Amazing.

which former CRer is that?

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Did you cash your stimulus check? Are you going to collect your social security benefits when you retire? Do you claim tax benefits or exemptions? Get the fuck off my property. 

6 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Do we need another debate? Is there a voter in this country that is still on the fence?

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Should have shot his ass.