2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Those numbers with seniors are only going to go down.  As it comes down that the Administration is adopting a herd-immunity policy . . . seniors know that they're the weakest members of the herd with respect to this particular virus.  The Administration's policy is literally to kill them so that younger people can get back to normal a little more quickl

Counter: olds worry about social security.  His plan definitely fixes that.  

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They played it perfectly with the confirmation hearing. Picking the fight with Kavanaugh worked against them in a half dozen senate seats (didn't flip them all but didn't help anywhere) and it would have been uglier with Barrett for them if it went ugly.  GOP used to be able to count on Dems to be really stupid.  Looks like Dems figured out how not to be stupid.  

They're waiting until after the election to be stupid. There's plenty of stupid in the Democratic party. 

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

They're waiting until after the election to be stupid. There's plenty of stupid in the Democratic party. 

Oh I'm not talking about from a governing sense, I'm talking about from an electoral and marketing sense. 

They are staying focused, on message, trusting the people on the very far left to show up and vote without being pandered to with the most radical elements of their platform, running appropriate people in their districts and states etc.  It's a remarkable turnaround from the stupid and inept party that liked nothing more to shoot itself in the dick for no particular reason.  2018 they only mistake they made was the hearings, with that being in the Senate, and with as many just vulnerable awful seats they had to defend where it put people all over their map in a really uncomfortable position.  This year- not even that. They are focused on not Trump. Something something health care b/c that's their most popular issue, and that's just about it.  

I'm not going to say brilliant b/c this shit isn't hard when you are running against Trump and in a time of a pandemic but when presented with similar golden opportunities in the past they've managed to fuck it up.  Not now. And they are doing all of this while they make it easy for their base to get money to the places it more or less needs to be (maybe less in Maine and Kentucky and more in Alaska and Montana) in staggering numbers.  It might be just basic competence but it's so far and away what they'd done for the previous 20 years (outside of Obama which was a more personal organization) it really helps- and anything that screams competence is a bar so far above what Trump and his team is able to accomplish that it's not worth wasting the key strokes to compare and contrast. 

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/public_approval_of_the_impeachment_and_removal_of_president_trump-6957.html

trumps stormy Daniels infidelity and illegal payoffs and his scam charity are much better things to hit him with. 

Plus, focus on the impeachment pits him against Congress.  Negatives are increased for both.  Biden likely doesn't need that, particularly if it hurts Democratic Congressmen in redder districts. 

Edited by Tuco

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Translation: "Republican voters of South Carolina, there will be a Democratic President soon.  You don't want a Democratic Senate as well."  It's an effective pitch for him, as long as it doesn't get a tweet from Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuco said:

Translation: "Republican voters of South Carolina, there will be a Democratic President soon.  You don't want a Democratic Senate as well."  It's an effective pitch for him, as long as it doesn't get a tweet from Trump. 

Absolutely.  It's a nuanced situation that's likely to be paid more attention to by an educated or informed voter- so just the kind of right of center voters he's bleeding in SC.

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, it doesn't seem very wise to bring up the failed impeachment.

To be fair, it sounds exactly like something Democrats would do, but it doesn't seem wise.

But they knew it wasn't going anywhere in the senate. He was never going to be removed. If they can't campaign on an impeached president then what was the point?

9 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Those idiot senate republicans wanted democrats to be angry and treat Barrett like shit. Democrats aren’t stupid like most republicans. Barrett is going to get confirmed no matter what we do. Might as well just protect our lead, be nice to Barrett, and bring up topics that make democrats look good.

graham acts like a nice guy, but he’s just a feckless pussy.

Graham looks like he sees the tanks coming.

7d483d00f39abcef196de53db2d60332.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

But they knew it wasn't going anywhere in the senate. He was never going to be removed. If they can't campaign on an impeached president then what was the point?

Because the President committed a crime.  Because the President was continuing to extort a foreign country to fabricate dirt on an political rival, contrary to the national security interests of our country. 

And, frankly, because there was some political gain from it.  Susan Collins is basically toast because of it, partly because of the fundraising it generated.  Even amongst people who were negative on the impeachment, many of them concluded that Trump had acted improperly.  It's not something you want to put as a central campaign theme, but I don't believe it hurt the Democrats in total.  

Yep, the impeachment still worked as a targeted political maneuver toward vulnerable Republican Senators who had to vote No.

Now the question of whether or not the Democrats were smart enough to know that was the real benefit is valid. Probably not, but that doesn't change the fact that it worked.

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep, the impeachment still worked as a targeted political maneuver toward vulnerable Republican Senators who had to vote No.

Now the question of whether or not the Democrats were smart enough to know that was the real benefit is valid. Probably not, but that doesn't change the fact that it worked.

I'll add that if the Democratic leadership had refused to impeach for this, they risked cracks in their ranks.  There were enough Dems who were pissed off that nothing was done to follow-up on the Mueller Report. 

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Question. Is it intentional strategy for the Biden team to be completely silent on Trump's impeachment? By my count it was brought up twice in the debates. Once by Trump, once by Pence. 

Almost certainly, yes. 

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

You answered your own question with who brought it up. Trump thinks that surviving impeachment is a selling point. 

No doubt. Trump's entire value proposition is owning the libs. Impeachment is a great example. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I'll add that if the Democratic leadership had refused to impeach for this, they risked cracks in their ranks.  There were enough Dems who were pissed off that nothing was done to follow-up on the Mueller Report. 

They shouldn't have impeached when they knew they could not convict. They should have run a more or less non-stop inquisition on multiple fronts, along the lines of Benghazi and the emails, except about real things.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

In the last couple of days I’ve seen two interesting trump flags flying around town. 

one was trump 2020 make libtards cry again. Not clever or funny, but at least intellectually honest (accidentally so, no doubt).  This one I’ve seen before.

the new one is trump 2020 no more bullshit.  I can’t even begin to imagine how one could relate trump to no bullshit.

anyway trump will probably win my county 90/10 and state 65/35 but there is some good news.  Some of the California expats are moving here too, and in a state of 600k they can have an effect quicker.  

not that I want the full on radical left agenda, but a shift to a more Montana-like minority party would be better than no opposition at all beyond the primaries.

17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

In the last couple of days I’ve seen two interesting trump flags flying around town. 

one was trump 2020 make libtards cry again. Not clever or funny, but at least intellectually honest (accidentally so, no doubt).  This one I’ve seen before.

the new one is trump 2020 no more bullshit.  I can’t even begin to imagine how one could relate trump to no bullshit.

anyway trump will probably win my county 90/10 and state 65/35 but there is some good news.  Some of the California expats are moving here too, and in a state of 600k they can have an effect quicker.  

not that I want the full on radical left agenda, but a shift to a more Montana-like minority party would be better than no opposition at all beyond the primaries.

Two guys across the street from my house have been in an escalating sign and flag battle and the Trump guy just put up a pair of no more bullshit signs. 

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Everyone seem pissed off that Trump is getting an hour town hall, opposite Biden.  I am not. 

Any opportunity to have Trump off-script in front of the cameras is great.  To have ordinary people asking him question, even better.  

I don't think it will matter much in the Presidential race, but I want to watch Congressional/Senate Republican candidates continue to try to defend his insanity. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Oh I'm not talking about from a governing sense, I'm talking about from an electoral and marketing sense. 

They are staying focused, on message, trusting the people on the very far left to show up and vote without being pandered to with the most radical elements of their platform, running appropriate people in their districts and states etc.  It's a remarkable turnaround from the stupid and inept party that liked nothing more to shoot itself in the dick for no particular reason.  2018 they only mistake they made was the hearings, with that being in the Senate, and with as many just vulnerable awful seats they had to defend where it put people all over their map in a really uncomfortable position.  This year- not even that. They are focused on not Trump. Something something health care b/c that's their most popular issue, and that's just about it.  

I'm not going to say brilliant b/c this shit isn't hard when you are running against Trump and in a time of a pandemic but when presented with similar golden opportunities in the past they've managed to fuck it up.  Not now. And they are doing all of this while they make it easy for their base to get money to the places it more or less needs to be (maybe less in Maine and Kentucky and more in Alaska and Montana) in staggering numbers.  It might be just basic competence but it's so far and away what they'd done for the previous 20 years (outside of Obama which was a more personal organization) it really helps- and anything that screams competence is a bar so far above what Trump and his team is able to accomplish that it's not worth wasting the key strokes to compare and contrast. 

I think living through the Trump administration has made democrats wake up and realize that they have to fight back to get themselves in a better position. No Democrat liked the gorsuch hearing, every democrat fucking hated the kavanaugh hearings, and the Barrett nomination really stings, but we are doing our best to not let it distract us what needs to be done for democrats elsewhere and for the good of the country. We have to get rid of Trump. The man is incompetent. He will go down as a bottom 5 president in history. 100 years from now, he will be known as the president who knew how bad the virus was in February then downplayed it for several months and didn’t try to stop it until it was too late. 

Democrats realize that most republicans would rather die then be voted out of office. We are figuring out ways to match the intensity of republicans. I won’t ever vote for a republican until they fight fair tho. All of this bullshit about voter suppression, Gerrymandering, poll watching, voter roll purging, and using the courts to trample American rights just pisses me the fuck off and makes me want to vote them all out.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, GopherRock said:

I've seen several "No More Bullshit" flags in my travels throughout the upper Midwest this fall. The cognitive dissonance required to pull that off is beyond measurement.

What about my neighbors' "We stand for Trump and the truth" sign?

8 minutes ago, thepop said:

2016 number is pre Comey as well

If you want to know why I think our country is batshit fucking insane, here's the numbers:

2020: Biden 51% (+9.2) Trump 42.2%

2016: Clinton 48.1 (+6.7) Trump 41.4%

Trump has fucking GAINED support since 2016.  GAINED.  Not lost.  GAINED.  After all of this shit, after all that we've seen....he's MORE supported, not less.

• Rage+1 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Tom hanks had Covid. Said it was no big deal. Tom isn’t buying into the liberal msm hoax. Be like Tom!!!!

“My wife lost her sense of taste and smell, she had severe nausea, she had a much higher fever than I did. I just had crippling body aches, I was very fatigued all the time and I couldn’t concentrate on anything for more than about 12 minutes.”

Actor Tom Hanks said on “The Late Show” Tuesday night that his experience with coronavirus made his bones feel like “soda crackers.”

“Every time I moved around I felt like something was cracking inside,” he said.

COVID-19 gave him “bone-crushing fatigue,” he said.