2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

22 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Not wanting Biden to call him a clown is a perfect example of what I mean when I say I’m tired of Dems playing nice. 

The dems play nice......

meanwhile : the GOP steals Supreme Court seats, enjoys the fact that a vote in Wyoming ( which is a shithole state) is probably 5X more valuable then a voter in California, and they gerrymander the hell out of us every chance they get. There are gerrymander’s in Wisconsin and Ohio that still haven’t been cracked from 10 years ago. The Wisconsin / North Carolina GOP are the nastiest, most low down, dirty skunks on the planet. They both try to screw over the state democrats every chance they get.  If I could slit the throats of all Wisconsin / North Carolina elected republicans, I fucking would.

we don’t need to be nice to these people. They are just going to continue picking party over country every single time while their deranged base makes excuses for it and screams MAGA.

Edited by Voldemort86

I think one of my favorite highlights of the debate was when Donald Trump claimed that Biden will probably play golf a lot more than him if elected.  

How can anyone take Trump seriously?

Edited by Tom

10 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That was such a sad performance. 
Biden called the sitting president of the United States a clown, to his face, and completely and totally had the moral high ground in doing so, and nobody blinked- that’s how terrible and unhinged Trumps performance was. 
It was as if he had no idea what he needed to do to win, or if he did he had clearly no self control to make it happen. Just dumb, mean spirited, rude and lacking in any decorum or forward looking ability to process what he needed to accomplish. 
Worst debate performance I’ve ever seen, and that was by miles and miles worse than anything from the 2016 primaries and general election debates that he participated in. 
The idiots in team Trump gave Biden the lowest bar anyone has ever had to clear and then Trumps performance made it literally impossible for Biden to step on his own dick which was the only way Trump was going to win the election.  

This post is dead-on balls accurate (it's an industry term).  Just a couple points to follow up:

1) What's shocking about calling the President of the United States a "clown" to his face was just how not-shocking it was.  He is a clown.  He was acting like a clown.  The only reason not to call him a clown was out of respect for the office, which would be ironic given that Trump himself demonstrates no respect for the office.

Seriously--whatever you thought of Obama or Bush or Clinton or even Nixon, could you ever imagine someone calling them a "clown" on national television to their face?

2) The last point was exactly right.  Trump's hope seems to be that Biden is going to commit some gaffe that his campaign can then blow out of proportion to question his mental fitness.  But Trump never let him say enough to make a gaffe.

Trump did nothing to gain any ground on Biden last night.  He has five weeks to make up a substantial deficit, and he blew one of his few chances.  Instead, much of the coverage over the next week is going to be how he's cozy with white supremacists and has ordered terrorists to "stand by."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

This post is dead-on balls accurate (it's an industry term).  Just a couple points to follow up:

1) What's shocking about calling the President of the United States a "clown" to his face was just how not-shocking it was.  He is a clown.  He was acting like a clown.  The only reason not to call him a clown was out of respect for the office, which would be ironic given that Trump himself demonstrates no respect for the office.

Seriously--whatever you thought of Obama or Bush or Clinton or even Nixon, could you ever imagine someone calling them a "clown" on national television to their face?

2) The last point was exactly right.  Trump's hope seems to be that Biden is going to commit some gaffe that his campaign can then blow out of proportion to question his mental fitness.  But Trump never let him say enough to make a gaffe.

Trump did nothing to gain any ground on Biden last night.  He has five weeks to make up a substantial deficit, and he blew one of his few chances.  Instead, much of the coverage over the next week is going to be how he's cozy with white supremacists and has ordered terrorists to "stand by."

Yeah- literally the bar he set for Biden was “does he have dementia”. Joe talking about 200 million corona deaths as opposed to 200k wasn’t ever going to work- he had to come off looking like the parent you have to have the hard conversation about taking away his car keys. Like Admiral Stockdale who am I, why am I here territory. That clearly didn’t happen and Trump didn’t let the trap play out long enough to give Biden the opportunity to step in it. 
Your number 1 point is what I literally shake my head at every day for 3.5 years.  The damage to the office, traditions, norms and body politic are almost incalculable. It’s stunning to me, still, that he is the POTUS. 

Yeah- literally the bar he set for Biden was “does he have dementia”. Joe talking about 200 million corona deaths as opposed to 200k wasn’t ever going to work- he had to come off looking like the parent you have to have the hard conversation about taking away his car keys. Like Admiral Stockdale who am I, why am I here territory. That clearly didn’t happen and Trump didn’t let the trap play out long enough to give Biden the opportunity to step in it. 
Your number 1 point is what I literally shake my head at every day for 3.5 years.  The damage to the office, traditions, norms and body politic are almost incalculable. It’s stunning to me, still, that he is the POTUS. 

Your morally, ethically, and intellectually bankrupt party did this. They enabled and empowered him, and they slavishly support him still. And you still think there’s anything within it worth saving.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Your morally, ethically, and intellectually bankrupt party did this. They enabled and empowered him, and they slavishly support him still. And you still think there’s anything within it worth saving.

It isn’t and never has been, my party. I’ve never been a partisan, I’m an idealogue, and that’s always been the case. Sometimes the GOP nominates someone I’m comfortable enough with to vote for (and by the by- it’s the same people you’ve voted for- you were a W guy, right?  He’s the last POTUS I voted for in the GOP) and sometimes they don’t and I sit an election out or vote third party. It’s not my party. I care about ideology. I want some party to exist to advance that ideology. I’m out on voting for anyone who lined up behind trump. So, basically I will vote for Sasse or Paul Ryan in 2024 (or a Bush I suppose) or sit it out altogether. Just like I stopped voting for Cruz when he kissed the ring. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

GOP dipshit, probably: you mean patriot, right?

i want to see the dipshit trump supporters show up to defend any of last night. 

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

GOP dipshit, probably: you mean patriot, right?

i want to see the dipshit trump supporters show up to defend any of last night. 

You're going to have to look hard. Even those who think Trump "won" that I've read think he went too far and didn't help himself. 

10 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i've got a hunch i could find it without much effort.

If RedState.com isn't defending him (even though they think he won the debate) then I'm not sure where else you are going to look. I'm sure they are out there but it's not in places I wanna look - and I'm still pretty conservative. Everyone is saying Trump went too far - even conservative rags (for the most part).

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I cringe when we are at a point where a challenger calls the president a clown to his face. Trump is a clown but I don’t want to see Biden sink to that level.

The irony is that Trump's base LOVES tough talk but they get the vapors when Joe Biden calls the President a clown.

"How disrespectful!  You may not like the man, but you should honor the office!"

Trump angles in on Biden's son for being a recovering addict:

"Love it!  He talks just like us!  We need more politicians like this!"

Joe Biden is no stranger to a fight.  When Trump started railing on Huter Biden's past drug problems, in my mind I had it about 55/45 that Joe would stay put behind his podium instead of walking over and popping Trump in the nose.  I kinda wish he had done that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Joe Biden is no stranger to a fight.  When Trump started railing on Huter Biden's past drug problems, in my mind I had it about 55/45 that Joe would stay put behind his podium instead of walking over and popping Trump in the nose.  I kinda wish he had done that.

I was waiting for Trump to say something shitty about Beau, because that's the kind of no fucks given mode he was in. Pretty sure it would have been on then. 

So the next debate is a town-hall format.  How the fuck is that going to go?  Is Trump going to be like an Adderall-jacked toddler again and go off on actual voters?

There's no way Biden should want to cancel that debate.  It goes entirely to Biden's strength and Trump's weakness.  I personally hate the format.  But it's great for Biden. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I watched that exchange and its not exactly what Santorum said. Santorum, who was critical of the President's "performance" last night said that Trump has never been willing to criticize any group that supports him regardless how vile that group is. Santorum might have used the word fair but he didn't call Trump's base, right wing extremists.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

So the next debate is a town-hall format.  How the fuck is that going to go?  Is Trump going to be like an Adderall-jacked toddler again and go off on actual voters?

There's no way Biden should want to cancel that debate.  It goes entirely to Biden's strength and Trump's weakness.  I personally hate the format.  But it's great for Biden. 

Biden can't and shouldn't cancel any debate.  His only risk is if he shits the bed during the debate but that's a risk of any debate. Biden stammers more and can't outtalk Trump but that isn't the point for Biden. He needs to demonstrate energy for 90 minutes.  

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

This jumped out at me last night too. There were many opportunities for Trump to paint Biden as a washed up gaffe machine. TONS. But Trump either immediately launched off into his own tangent instead of addressing Biden's response (many of which were very attackable), or like you said, just wouldn't shut up long enough to let Biden make gaffes.

On multiple occasions Trump had Biden shook, and had Trump just shut the hell up, it would have produced a really hard-hitting video clip. One example was when he asked Biden what cops supported him. Biden clearly didn't have an answer but Trump just kept saying "none, you have nobody" and didn't let him attempt to answer. Moment lost. 

Trump's ego has run out of things to consume, and has now started eating itself and its host. Narcissism is a hell of a thing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Odds of the moderator saying, “Please don’t insult the people asking the questions.” 

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Drove from Denver back to Austin this weekend and saw lots of trump signs. Very few Biden ones. But those were mostly shithole small towns i was driving through. Not sure what to think

The the gap between urban and rural communities is widening and we need to stop thinking in terms of red and blue states. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

This jumped out at me last night too. There were many opportunities for Trump to paint Biden as a washed up gaffe machine. TONS. But Trump either immediately launched off into his own tangent instead of addressing Biden's response (many of which were very attackable), or like you said, just wouldn't shut up long enough to let Biden make gaffes.

On multiple occasions Trump had Biden shook, and had Trump just shut the hell up, it would have produced a really hard-hitting video clip. One example was when he asked Biden what cops supported him. Biden clearly didn't have an answer but Trump just kept saying "none, you have nobody" and didn't let him attempt to answer. Moment lost. 

Trump's ego has run out of things to consume, and has now started eating itself and its host. Narcissism is a hell of a thing.

great points. It makes sense that Trump should want Biden to ramble on. Let Biden be asked a question about the Supreme Court and wander over to an explanation about what he had for lunch that day. Instead Trump steps on his own dick by preventing Biden from making any major mistakes.

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Wow. Rasmussen has been one of the few national polls within a margin of error for a close race. Since the debate wasn't taken into account, this shift must have been more related to RBG's death and the SCOTUS nomination.

Or else he sobered up and realized he was whacked. 

10 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

Trump played to his base like an idiot. He’s going to lose BIGLY.

What a disgraceful performance attacking Biden’s family. That shit made me and a lot of other Americans disgusted. How the fuck do you look in the mirror at night and think “yeah I’m voting for that POS.”

The Trumpkins I know On Facebook are trying to justify it somehow based on the dems attacking trump for 4 years so he was upset. Even they know he was an absolute disgrace last night and completely embarrassed the Country. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Wow. Rasmussen has been one of the few national polls within a margin of error for a close race. Since the debate wasn't taken into account, this shift must have been more related to RBG's death and the SCOTUS nomination.

This is all part of the game with Rasmussen.  Show a poll that mirrors the rest of them, then slowly chip away at to show "momentum" or whatever and then reset and repeat.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Drove from Denver back to Austin this weekend and saw lots of trump signs. Very few Biden ones. But those were mostly shithole small towns i was driving through. Not sure what to think

Dude you drove through the panhandle and rural Texas what did you expect?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Nothing. There’s no people there only cows. My wife had the same concern when we were traveling through the US this summer. The election is by votes of actual people and not square miles. 

18 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Really? I drove from Austin to Aspen, then worked south to Durango, through New Mexico, and back to Austin and didn't see a single Trump sign once I got out of Texas. (This was back in early August)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Nothing. There’s no people there only cows. My wife had the same concern when we were traveling through the US this summer. The election is by votes of actual people and not square miles. 

The cows and my male dog are all voting for trump.

My female dog is voting for Hillary again. Because that’s how she rolls. 

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Biden can't and shouldn't cancel any debate.  His only risk is if he shits the bed during the debate but that's a risk of any debate. Biden stammers more and can't outtalk Trump but that isn't the point for Biden. He needs to demonstrate energy for 90 minutes.  

Bingo.  He won this.  Why the FUCK would you not want another one?