2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

59 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

50 years from now when people research the Trump era, they’re going to conclude we were a national of racist idiots led by the biggest racist idiot of them all. It will be almost unexplainable. 

it will be seen as one of the first dominos that led to the dissolution of the united states.

the battle of tropicana blvd will be in history books as the west broke off first.  eventually, the confederate flag will have an accurate number of stars again.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Remember when some of the bros were trying to make the case that Biden being a down-low pedophilic monster would eventually torpedo the campaign....haha  good times. 

they also said joe couldn't fundraise, but here we are.

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

it will be seen as one of the first dominos that led to the dissolution of the united states.

the battle of tropicana blvd will be in history books as the west broke off first.  eventually, the confederate flag will have an accurate number of stars again.

This needs a new thread and probably later on, but this is a legit discussion.  The odds of the 50 states being the same within the next 30 years, I feel, are very slim.

Edited by Biff Tannen

2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Remember when some of the bros were trying to make the case that Biden being a down-low pedophilic monster would eventually torpedo the campaign....haha  good times. 

No Bro here, but I'm still waiting for the disinformation to really start flying: deep fake videos, photoshops, etc. They wont officially be sanctioned by the campaign and will start in troll farms somewhere overseas. But they will be encouraged and amplified by the President and White House. Just asking questions, right?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

Never go full Hugo

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I don’t find that encouraging.  Biden should be at least 10 points better than Hillary with all the bullshit going on today.

He's not five points ahead of Clinton's electoral margin. He is five points ahead of her June/July 2016 polling margin, which was higher. He's also higher than she ever was, and hitting 50 percent or better at a point only Nixon '72 and Reagan '84 have (Clinton never hit 50 percent).

He's absolutely running way ahead of her.

Trump has lost the independents big time and that’s all she wrote if he can’t do something to win them back. (He can’t).
Voter suppression and outright cheating is the plan for Mango Mussolini.

It is.
And it will work.
Our last free and fair election is in the rear view mirror.
  • Like 1

I don't have the link, but the pollsters claim to have also adjusted their models from 2016.

In 2016 they made the mistake of over-estimating the number of people with college degrees in the voting population (a stupid mistake considering only about a quarter of the public has at least a college degree). They claim to have adjusted accordingly.

So not only is Biden polling better, he's doing so in polls where the samples are a lot different than four years ago that should result in a disadvantage. 

11 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Voter suppression and outright cheating is the plan for Mango Mussolini.

it’s not a question of whether or not this will happen, it’s a question of what are we going to do about it after it works.  

the idea that Trump and Republicans are going to allow him to be voted out of office and any Democrat to take over is simply laughable.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Out of all the polling numbers so far, this one might be the most simple explanation for why 2020 is very different from 2016. People have made up their minds. 

The other thing really bad for Trump is that Biden is already at or over 50% in nearly every poll. Hilary didn’t have 50% in barely any polls.

Trump is basically done with covid-19 at this point. And from a campaign perspective, it's most likely the smartest move, even though he demonstrates what a poor leader he is. Instead he's going to fan the flames of the culture war.

If COVID drops some, he will take credit. If COVID doesn't drop, he will blame the protesters or "others" and let you be the judge of what he means by others.

He's not going out quietly. If he's going to lose, he will take out as much of the country as possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

not sure I agree, but this is an interesting take

I believe this. I have many family members and friends from growing up who are socially conservative and have looked the other way on most everything else but with the blatant disregard for the average person’s safety they have done a 180 on supporting him. It’s not going to be one thing that sinks him, but he’s sunk and I think he knows it. A coalition of white nationalists, single issue pro-lifers  and billionaires and gonna cut it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

I believe this. I have many family members and friends from growing up who are socially conservative and have looked the other way on most everything else but with the blatant disregard for the average person’s safety they have done a 180 on supporting him. It’s not going to be one thing that sinks him, but he’s sunk and I think he knows it. A coalition of white nationalists, single issue pro-lifers  and billionaires and gonna cut it

Worked last time.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump is basically done with covid-19 at this point. And from a campaign perspective, it's most likely the smartest move, even though he demonstrates what a poor leader he is. Instead he's going to fan the flames of the culture war.

If COVID drops some, he will take credit. If COVID doesn't drop, he will blame the protesters or "others" and let you be the judge of what he means by others.

He's not going out quietly. If he's going to lose, he will take out as much of the country as possible.

This this this.  It’s the evil move and also the best path for him to get Re-elected.  Pressure opening up, focus on increasing job numbers, focus on the stock market, focus on White fear, set the stage to rig or contest the election results.  I GUARANTEE there will be another round of stimulus in Sept/Oct to get the market to peak right before the election.  And he’ll just ignore the scores of people getting sick and dying; there will be no point at which he will address it. Hell, most countries have closed their borders to our citizens and the virus is spreading about as fast as possible and he’s ignoring.  It can’t get much worse.

Edited by Snake Diggity

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Yeah all those white nationalists that went for Obama in 2008 and 2012 in the blue wall states flipping to Trump put him over the top

I mean, I was being tongue-in-cheek. But if we're being honest the decisive Obama-Trump voter is largely a myth. It's not literally zero obviously, but MI and WI flipped due to low Democratic turnout in Detroit and Milwaukee, respectively. Trump basically tracked Romney in those states - marginally worse in WI, marginally better in MI. Hillary Clinton got more votes than Obama in PA, there was just a huge turnout surge for Trump.

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

The “war time president” just quits in the middle of the war because it was too hard. How anyone supports this asshole amazes me. 

eh, i'm not sure about this.

technically, you have to actually be working on something to "quit".  he basically called in sick on his first day of work and nobody has heard from him since.

• Like 1

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2020/07/02/desantis-engineered-a-trump-campaign-aides-ouster-now-shes-back-1296906

looks like Trump is desperately bringing back the “Florida whisperer”. If this woman really is responsible for all of Rick Scott’s victories, trumps Florida victory, and DeSantis come from behind win then this is at least notable.

the good thing is Trump has to win Florida and Biden could afford to lose it.  Biden has several really good paths at this point without florida. Hopefully Biden can force Trump to waste as much time as possible in places like Florida, Georgia, Ohio, and Texas. 

Most likely Biden path #1 :  Michigan, Pennsylvania, Arizona, then all of the Clinton states 

most likely Biden path #2 : Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, then all of the Clinton states

this is the other reason Biden is a favorite to win and Clinton never really was. Biden has many more paths to victory then Clinton. I haven’t even mentioned north Carolina, Iowa, or Ohio as possible wins yet, but they are within striking distance.

as of right now, none of the Clinton states are expected to flip. Trump hasn’t been able to focus on them because so many of his red leaning states in trouble. Such as Ohio, Iowa, Texas, Georgia.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Out of all the polling numbers so far, this one might be the most simple explanation for why 2020 is very different from 2016. People have made up their minds. 

Let's not overlook the fact that 41.5% of the electorate think Trump is the better option.

Get out and vote. Tell all of your friends, coworkers and relatives to spread the word. Vote the traitor out of office.

• Like 4