2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

25 minutes ago, WBT said:

This is becoming the left's version of "illegal's are going to vote and steal the election."  I guess the impulse is bipartisan.

If you don't think voter suppression is a major problem in this country, with all due respect, you are not and have not been paying attention. It's been going on for decades and it's something I've only recently began to realize the extent of issue. The GOP is absolutely going to try to suppress the vote this year. It's their only hope. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

If you don't think voter suppression is a major problem in this country, with all due respect, you are not and have not been paying attention. It's been going on for decades and it's something I've only recently began to realize the extent of issue. The GOP is absolutely going to try to suppress the vote this year. It's their only hope. 

It’s a massive problem in Georgia every single year. Even in the primaries.

im hoping Lebron’s plan to use basketball arenas as voting sites can help fight this. It’s already been confirmed in Georgia and Wisconsin I think. Two states who badly need the help in getting their votes in.

wisconsin republicans are the nastiest people on earth so I wouldn’t be surprised if they pass a bill in the legislature effective for the 2020 election stating that arenas can’t be used as polling places.

2 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

im hoping Lebron’s plan to use basketball arenas as voting sites can help fight this. It’s already been confirmed in Georgia and Wisconsin I think. Two states who badly need the help in getting their votes in.

wisconsin republicans are the nastiest people on earth so I wouldn’t be surprised if they pass a bill in the legislature effective for the 2020 election stating that arenas can’t be used as polling places.

I think Detroit is also doing the arena vote. Georgia is what really prompted me to work a polling station for the primary run-off. I will be working a poll again in November and encourage anyone who is healthy to do so as well. Your county is going to need a lot of workers. 

12 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

The GOP hasn’t resorted to such tactics in 2008, 2012, and 2018 when they got their butts kicked.

why now?

Yes they have. Just look at any line to vote in any majority black precinct in states where the GOP runs the elections.

ETA: they started cheating on the current scale literally the day after Shelby County v. Holder was decided by SCOTUS on June 25, 2013. It used to be much harder for them to fuck with elections because the Attorney General (or a panel of the DC Circuit) used to have to approve any changes to state voting laws or practices.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I know many people on this board ( myself included) would like to believe that everyone who votes GOP or is in that 40% are bad people with no morals or ethics, but that is just not the case. Trump has indeed brought in the bottom of the barrel in society to his base ( racists, white supremacists, misogynists, xenophobes, gun freaks, and the “ I have mine.....FUCK YOU” crowd).

i’d like to think that the bands of misfits listed above is at most 15% of that 40%. The other 25% are normal hard working people with families or single people who just work hard and want tax cuts or are somehow susceptible to fear and conspiracy theories.

Long story short is that the dangerous thugs are not 40% of this country. It’s much much less than that. I’m highly skeptical that the GOP can steal an election in plain sight. if say the polls, oddsmakers, and gambling sites have Biden expected to win easily the morning of Election Day and he doesn’t? The GOP would have some explaining to do. 

lemonline already echoed some of my thoughts, but I’ve seen the 25% talked about morph into something else. As he said, their news sources are bad, their echo chambers are huge now, and facts and truth are dismissed out of hand. That’s a dangerous recipe. You think they’ll suddenly wake up and scream election fraud when their candidate wins? They aren’t recognizing it now, why would they change their minds after not only their success, but in their view their savior against” Communism winning?

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

lemonline already echoed some of my thoughts, but I’ve seen the 25% talked about morph into something else. As he said, their news sources are bad, their echo chambers are huge now, and facts and truth are dismissed out of hand. That’s a dangerous recipe. You think they’ll suddenly wake up and scream election fraud when their candidate wins? They aren’t recognizing it now, why would they change their minds after not only their success, but in their view their savior against” Communism winning?

Let me illustrate my point with a practical demonstration that is currently taking place right now. 

You have a population of people that have been screaming for Small Government, State's Rights, and the Right to Defend themselves against government over-reach. That has literally but one of their fundamental tenets about who they are as HUMAN BEINGS for decades. It's a core part of their identity. And not only are these people literally standing by and doing nothing about federal unmarked troops trampling on the constitutional rights of American citizens, shitting on State's saying get the feds out, they're actively in support of the behavior and cheering for it. If this isn't a lightbulb moment for them, you think their guy "winning" an election that was "obviously rigged from foreign interference anyway" is going to be the Ah Ha moment? I'm...skeptical would be too generous a word here. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/23/gap-unemployment-heres-why-379267

there’s going to be a lot of angry people coming up. The GOP will get the blame for this too because the democratic led house already passed an extension to these benefits months ago. It’s all on Mitch McConnell and his band of rejects.

If Fox News doesn't report on it, does it make a sound?

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Let me illustrate my point with a practical demonstration that is currently taking place right now. 

You have a population of people that have been screaming for Small Government, State's Rights, and the Right to Defend themselves against government over-reach. That has literally but one of their fundamental tenets about who they are as HUMAN BEINGS for decades. It's a core part of their identity. And not only are these people literally standing by and doing nothing about federal unmarked troops trampling on the constitutional rights of American citizens, shitting on State's saying get the feds out, they're actively in support of the behavior and cheering for it. If this isn't a lightbulb moment for them, you think their guy "winning" an election that was "obviously rigged from foreign interference anyway" is going to be the Ah Ha moment? I'm...skeptical would be too generous a word here. 

Yep.  These people are literally ruled by fear.  They always have been and always will be.  Even now, when their guy is in control, they continue to look for new things to fear.  In this case, people fighting back against the system when it actually IS trampling on liberties.  They are broken human beings.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

They never gave a fuck about the idea universal rights.  It was only and always about THEIR perceived rights. It’s an ideology of ME ME ME ME ME.  

As long as the state leaves THEM alone, they don’t give a shit about state sponsored terrorism against U.S. citizens.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Oh look everyone. I found Trumps pollster!

The Michigan poll is laughable. That seems like a state that has given up on Trump. 

Pennsylvania and Wisconsin are good numbers for Biden, considering it’s a crooked GOP pollster.

This tweet from the pollster in question. BTW - I'm not saying their polling methodology is bad, but context is important. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is where pretty much my entire family resides at the moment.  I'd really like to think they aren't bad people, but it's really hard on my heart that they cannot pull their heads up and see the BS going on for what it really is.  My pops was a history major FFS and he is blind because of Facebook and FoxNews.  No amount of well-sourced facts and/or data can break through.  I see no way that they would be upset/admit the election was stolen as long as the orange hate goblin wins.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LurkingHorn said:

I think Detroit is also doing the arena vote. Georgia is what really prompted me to work a polling station for the primary run-off. I will be working a poll again in November and encourage anyone who is healthy to do so as well. Your county is going to need a lot of workers. 

Atlanta, Detroit, Milwaukee and now Charlotte are doing the arena/stadium centers that I know of. Wouldn’t mind seeing college towns do this as well

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

This is where pretty much my entire family resides at the moment.  I'd really like to think they aren't bad people, but it's really hard on my heart that they cannot pull their heads up and see the BS going on for what it really is.  My pops was a history major FFS and he is blind because of Facebook and FoxNews.  No amount of well-sourced facts and/or data can break through.  I see no way that they would be upset/admit the election was stolen as long as the orange hate goblin wins.

Facebook is such a fucking problem, all Social Media is. I don't see how our country repairs itself unless those things are seriously altered. I don't know if there should be a governmental agency in charge of Tech platforms. Setting standards for bots and hate speech and punishing the companies that don't punish the abusers. Making foreign interference actionable. Honestly, and I realize the irony of saying this on an anonymous message board, but maybe there should be a record of accountability and a permanent record for online behavior, even if some veil of anonymity remains. There's a database where you can have ONE account on message boards and social media accounts, and it's tied to a SSN, and even if it's an anonymous board, it prevents multiple socks. It can be referenced in a legal case. Something, anything. In the case of FB, no more socks and bots, and perhaps, just perhaps, people will be a LITTLE more concerned about what they say, what they reveal, what they put forth if they know there are consequences and you cant erase and start over. The way fringe groups used to remain just that, fringe groups. 

Of course the security implications of that, free speech implications are tremendous there's zero chance of it ever happening. But the normalizing has to be stopped. 

/rant

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Atlanta, Detroit, Milwaukee and now Charlotte are doing the arena/stadium centers that I know of. Wouldn’t mind seeing college towns do this as well

That’s pretty much all the swing states. Lebron is probably working on the 76ers now. After that he needs to try Houston.

It's a huge issue that I don't know how to tackle without seriously compromising civil liberties, but it's a big component of tearing the country apart.  For retired people there are very few negative consequences to posting and boosting hateful BS.  I'm not on FB but have had a couple of friends tell me that some of the crap my Pops posts on FB is moonbat crazy stuff.  But when his whole social circle and family are ensconced in the same echo chamber there are no social consequences.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Facebook is such a fucking problem, all Social Media is. I don't see how our country repairs itself unless those things are seriously altered. I don't know if there should be a governmental agency in charge of Tech platforms. Setting standards for bots and hate speech and punishing the companies that don't punish the abusers. Making foreign interference actionable. Honestly, and I realize the irony of saying this on an anonymous message board, but maybe there should be a record of accountability and a permanent record for online behavior, even if some veil of anonymity remains. There's a database where you can have ONE account on message boards and social media accounts, and it's tied to a SSN, and even if it's an anonymous board, it prevents multiple socks. It can be referenced in a legal case. Something, anything. In the case of FB, no more socks and bots, and perhaps, just perhaps, people will be a LITTLE more concerned about what they say, what they reveal, what they put forth if they know there are consequences and you cant erase and start over. The way fringe groups used to remain just that, fringe groups. 

Of course the security implications of that, free speech implications are tremendous there's zero chance of it ever happening. But the normalizing has to be stopped. 

/rant

Yep.  I think the first amendment issues become less onerous when you compare it to shouting fire in a theater, because that's exactly what is fucking happening.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Oh look everyone. I found Trumps pollster!

The Michigan poll is laughable. That seems like a state that has given up on Trump. 

Pennsylvania and Wisconsin are good numbers for Biden, considering it’s a crooked GOP pollster.

Looks like Trafalgar has a new rival for pushing out polls that basically gauge the opinions of old conservatives with push questions.

Here are some examples of their issue polling questions?

EdkSHnRXsAMjR8o?format=png&name=large

Also, the samples for their PA poll are comically bad.

Their Party ID tabs claims 44% D, 42% R, 13% Indy/Other. However, the very next question gives away the game:

EdkXpR7WoAEcNq5?format=png&name=900x900

Edited by Storm the Field

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

/rant

+1

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm friends with a MASSIVE Trumpkin. If you read his Twitter account you'd be 100% convinced he's a Russian bot. Around 70 years old, from Oklahoma, diehard Sooner. Yeah, I know.  We talk on the phone a few times a month, mostly about college football but sometimes politics.

In this particular case I think all his bluster is just a bluff. He wants to hold on to the old ways, but is very aware that it's slipping away for good. If Biden wins, he'll bitch and moan for a few months, and then he'll get over it. 

I know there are loons out there that will do something stupid/awful if Trump loses. But I also think a lot of Trumpkins are just very loud on social media, and their threats are just bullshit/insincere drama. Bernie legitimately scared the shit out of them, but Biden doesn't. 

9 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

holy shit

I think the duo of Trump and Ron Detrumpis is pissing people off in Florida. I’m starting to get suckered into believing Biden is the favorite there.

EDIT : the other big movement in this poll is Ron Detrumpis approval rating. It was +20 and now it’s -11.

Edited by Voldemort86

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

To reiterate, there is no path for Trump that doesn't include Florida. 

Well, I guess technically there is, but he'd need to win every swing state and then a state or two like Virginia and Colorado. So no. 

looks to me that if FL goes Biden,

Trump could get:

OH, NC, GA, AZ, WI, VA, MN, NH, ME2, NE2

and still lose.  We know this by now, but it's just fun to type out.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

These Florida numbers are why Trump changed his mask messaging this week. Enough of the Florida olds turned on him for essentially saying it's okay if they die. 

Nah it's the buffets closing. That was the last straw for them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Anyone have any speculation or, even better, data showing why Biden has flipped Florida by about 20 points in polling, which is almost double any of the other swing states? Is it the olds?

See post #3918.

35 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Yup. He's done in that state.

Oh yee little faith.

By the early to late fall Trump will be back up 17 when we've come to accept 1000 ppl dying daily, Hunter Biden's Ukrainian emails are dumped, and the Justice Department executes a search of Joe Biden's house in late October in relation to the Senate's Obamagate / Ukrainegate investigations.

54 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Oh yee little faith.

By the early to late fall Trump will be back up 17 when we've come to accept 1000 ppl dying daily, Hunter Biden's Ukrainian emails are dumped, and the Justice Department executes a search of Joe Biden's house in late October in relation to the Senate's Obamagate / Ukrainegate investigations.

Those actions you just made up are probably the best case scenario.  I expect much more evil bullshit than that from these pieces of shit.

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Anyone have any speculation or, even better, data showing why Biden has flipped Florida by about 20 points in polling, which is almost double any of the other swing states? Is it the olds?

Because Florida has more Covid cases than the entire EU.  

Anecdotally, I have to speak with coworkers in Florida a lot. And we steadfastly avoid discussing politics, so I couldn't tell you their political leanings.  Except my conversations with them over the last few weeks, essentially boil down to them not wanting to leave their house, because there's Covid, little mask wearing, dishonesty from the politicians, etc.  And they are all supremely pissed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2