Newer Country Music that is actually good Country Music

NateHitch

Most anything Tyler Childers is great. Also a big fan of All Your’n for a romantic touch. May as well go in the thread for Sturgill etc but this guys got some jams   

kindof a Hank Williams Jr feel but I’ve been enjoying this dude — probably not what this thread is for after actually reading the OP

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Like 1

Evan came out with that single a couple of months ago. Hopefully that means he’s on the road to recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was recorded before the break up. I wouldn’t read much into it.

That said, a picture of him and a fan in a farm store parking lot surfaced last fall. He was in his hometown, and looked healthy

It was recorded before the break up. I wouldn’t read much into it.

That said, a picture of him and a fan in a farm store parking lot surfaced last fall. He was in his hometown, and looked healthy

Didn’t know it was recorded before. Damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

William Beckmann is pretty damn badass.  Looks like a little kid, has a wonderful voice.  Also has some cool spanish lyric songs (I think his mother's family is from Mexico).  

Seth Ward & The Silence are pretty damn good.  Their guitar player is a cousin of mine.  He can absolutely play the shit out of a guitar.  

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

@Lat22 Hey - Check this out - Mo Pitney.. Think he's 22 or so.  Takes a bit to get there. He is his take on the Cherokee Cowboy's "Don't you ever get tired of hurting me"

That was awesome.  The first three beats.   I'm going to have to keep an eye out for him.  How does Whispering Bill have more hair than me?  FML.

5 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

That was awesome.  The first three beats.   I'm going to have to keep an eye out for him.  How does Whispering Bill have more hair than me?  FML.

If it don't got those first three beats.... I ain't listening.. I don't think Bill's hair is "real" - 

2 hours ago, TexasBeta said:

@Lat22 Hey - Check this out - Mo Pitney.. Think he's 22 or so.  Takes a bit to get there. He is his take on the Cherokee Cowboy's "Don't you ever get tired of hurting me"

That was nice.  I don't know much about traditional country, but I'd describe his voice as a "honey baritone", like Vince Gill has a "honey tenor".  Just a really, really nice tone.  I could listen to that guy all night in a place like Gruene Hall.  Thanks for posting it.

14 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

That was nice.  I don't know much about traditional country, but I'd describe his voice as a "honey baritone", like Vince Gill has a "honey tenor".  Just a really, really nice tone.  I could listen to that guy all night in a place like Gruene Hall.  Thanks for posting it.

@jimmyjazz Traditional country starts here with the father of country music - Jimmie Rodgers and the Carter Family (w/ June Carter) and the 'Carter Scratch'

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, I know *that* about traditional country.  I've listened to the greats, but it's not like my family played it consistently on the radio growing up.  (That would be classical.)

Ahhhh.. And so ends the lesson then.. :)  Too funny.. guess I will get back to work