Scorpions must go, the question is how...

Grunting one out & look what decides to scoot across the floor?

It paused on the tile long enough for me to hit the sink stopper, then I folded up some tee-pee (before I used it on my bunghole) & pinched it by the tail.

Dropped in the sink so it wouldn't be able to climbed out & I got my tongs & jug.

Another one dropped in the bottle, I think 3 are still alive in there + the new one.550cec835cbb317faf3689e5a1250e6c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

On 5/18/2020 at 12:31 PM, Paco said:

This feller joined us for happy hour at my neighbor's patio the other nightffb27f90d5e773efeff0609f6ec1df3d.jpg

I knew a biology professor emeritus at UT who kept on of those things as a pet. He would take it out of its cage and let it crawl up his arm and under his shirt sleeve. It was probably twice as long as this one.

I have no problem picking up live scorpions, taratulas, snakes, leeches, slugs, or just about anything else that crawls or slithers on God's Earth, but those fucking things evoke a primal revulsion in me that I cannot control. And of course they are fucking everywhere around my house.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

Did you find that or buy it?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Took it off the crap table during our usual game couple of weeks ago.  I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet, but something will come to me. It ought to be good for laugh or a scare.

• 4 weeks later...

Only time I remember seeing them en mass was when my parents built their house in Lakeway back in the 90s. Scorpions would hang out on the soffits every night. One of those bastards stung me when I picked up the hose one day and he was chilling on it. I wish you well in your effort to kill those bastards.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

The fuckers never seemed to mind me. I've shared tents, cabins, etc with people who were stung repeatedly. Even had one that dropped off a cieling onto my thigh, and just scampered down my leg to the floor.

Saying that means I will wake up in some sort of scorpion cocoon tomorrow.

Pics or it doesn't happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Pro tip(just the tip) on scorpions:

-Use Bifenthrin granules(may be labeled under a few different brand names such as Talstar), liberally around the house. Granular because most people don't have the equipment to apply enough volume of a liquid product to take care of a scorpion problem.. 

- Buy a hand duster and use a good pesticide dust like Delta dust or a silica based product like Tri-Die dust(my favorite)and apply dust in any cracks, joints or any openings, such as around A/C pipes and weepholes. 

- an inside crack and crevice treatment using a product like Microcare CS will also help

Edited by immortal13

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, C-Man said:

Read that story earlier. Apparently, they're called fat-tail scorpions and they're some of the most venomous on the planet. Pretty sure some folks are dying from the stings.

you know, sometimes the name doesn't fit...in this case, it 100% does. see pic below

Their common name is derived from their distinctly fat metasoma, or tail, while the Latin name originates from Greek and means "man killer"

spoilering this because...yeah.

Spoiler

Black_scorpion.jpg

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1