Mrs America Hulu

Michael Knight

It’s objectively fantastic but I’m having a real problem with how they are portraying Phyllis Schlafly.

She was an absolutely vile woman and trying to make me sympathize with her struggle against a patriarchy she willingly made stronger is making me rage.

That bit with the racist ladies was too much. The show is giving the character a nuance and depth the actual woman lacked.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 11:53 PM, Bama Chick said:

It’s objectively fantastic but I’m having a real problem with how they are portraying Phyllis Schlafly.

She was an absolutely vile woman and trying to make me sympathize with her struggle against a patriarchy she willingly made stronger is making me rage.

That bit with the racist ladies was too much. The show is giving the character a nuance and depth the actual woman lacked.

Oh my god, yesterday's was infuriating.  She finally really came off as smug and unlikable in the debate.  What a fucking bitch.  Of course, optics-wise, Betty came off angry and bitter - feeding into every "radical feminist" stereotype - and Phyllis won.

At least they 100% threw in that her son was a big homo.  That was obvious. 

On 4/22/2020 at 12:53 AM, Bama Chick said:

This was my problem with that Bombshell movie about Fox News. Haven't watched Mrs. America yet but it's on my list.

Oh my god, yesterday's was infuriating.  She finally really came off as smug and unlikable in the debate.  What a fucking bitch.  Of course, optics-wise, Betty came off angry and bitter - feeding into every "radical feminist" stereotype - and Phyllis won.
At least they 100% threw in that her son was a big homo.  That was obvious. 

Oh Betty was pretty horrible too. Phyllis was just 100% rotten and evil; Betty was 25% horrible.

And she was absolutely a John Bircher.
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 8:06 PM, Bama Chick said:

Oh Betty was pretty horrible too. Phyllis was just 100% rotten and evil; Betty was 25% horrible.

And she was absolutely a John Bircher.

This week, she got schooled when the debate was factual, not emotional.  

Also young RBG! “I don’t like the limelight” 😂