MLB The Show 20

TornACL

Anybody else buy it? 

Enjoying it here so far. I know there are a lot of complaints out there about fielding issues. The thing that drives me crazy is that the second you get a 2 or 3 run lead, it's almost guaranteed that the next inning one of your fielders will boot a ball, lose one in the sun, etc. Then your pitcher will lose his shit and start floating every pitch over the plate to get hammered. 

Started off slowly in Franchise mode but now getting into the swing of it and sitting at 23-20 with the Giants, 6 games back of the cocksucking Dodgers. 

• Like 1

Last night someone grounded a ball to Brandon Belt. He ran to the bag at first, missed the bag, took a few extra steps and then stopped in foul territory. And I couldn't move him while the slow as fuck runner just lumbered safely to first base. Infuriating. 

On 5/3/2020 at 8:31 PM, Capn81 said:

The amount of double plays that hit into is mind-boggling. But yes, can be fun too.

I basically never swing at the first pitch if I have gotten the lead off guy on with a single. No matter what kind of pitch, what kind of contact, it's going to be a rocket grounder to 2B or SS for a double play. 

Also, when you send the early steal signal, the fucking computer will slide step and pitch out every time. Even on a 2-0 or 2-1 count. Maddening. 

On 5/6/2020 at 6:48 AM, TornACL said:

I basically never swing at the first pitch if I have gotten the lead off guy on with a single. No matter what kind of pitch, what kind of contact, it's going to be a rocket grounder to 2B or SS for a double play. 

Also, when you send the early steal signal, the fucking computer will slide step and pitch out every time. Even on a 2-0 or 2-1 count. Maddening. 

Did you guys take advantage of the steal glitch before they fixed it? Made swiping 2nd AND 3rd automatic. Now, its back to being impossible to steal even with Ricky Henderson.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, when the computer decides you aren't going to win your Franchise game today, they really stick it to you. 

Yesterday the fucking Marlins banged out 18 runs and 24 hits. Those cocksuckers were still trying to steal bases up 15-3 so I had to bean a couple of their dudes in the head. Show them who's boss. 

On 5/21/2020 at 6:49 AM, TornACL said:

Man, when the computer decides you aren't going to win your Franchise game today, they really stick it to you. 

Yesterday the fucking Marlins banged out 18 runs and 24 hits. Those cocksuckers were still trying to steal bases up 15-3 so I had to bean a couple of their dudes in the head. Show them who's boss. 

How is franchise mode? Any tips on how to maximize enjoyment? Do you play most games or sim? 

I can't you believe you continued to play a game down 15-3. I'm forfeiting that nonsense.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 6:06 AM, TornACL said:

Anybody else buy it? 

Enjoying it here so far. I know there are a lot of complaints out there about fielding issues. The thing that drives me crazy is that the second you get a 2 or 3 run lead, it's almost guaranteed that the next inning one of your fielders will boot a ball, lose one in the sun, etc. Then your pitcher will lose his shit and start floating every pitch over the plate to get hammered. 

Started off slowly in Franchise mode but now getting into the swing of it and sitting at 23-20 with the Giants, 6 games back of the cocksucking Dodgers. 

So I started a franchise the other day after exclusively playing Diamond Dynasty the last couple of years. Do you fuck with the sliders? Aiming for that middle ground realism, but right now I either crush everything or get two-hit.

26 minutes ago, Foosters said:

So I started a franchise the other day after exclusively playing Diamond Dynasty the last couple of years. Do you fuck with the sliders? Aiming for that middle ground realism, but right now I either crush everything or get two-hit.

I just had the sliders set to dynamic so it'd get easier or harder depending on how I played. Since I hadn't done MLB in a few years figured I'd go that route. 

I can hit at HOF/HOF+ fairly well, but my teams offensive ranking and power ranking sucks, so it feels like I score 2 or fewer runs way way too often. 

I would love to be able to set the skill at HOF but then adjust a few sliders to get the games a little more high scoring. I haven't looked to see if there might be a good suggested slider setting somewhere online. 

I cannot lay off any change up in the dirt, can't hit for shit with RISP, and if my leadoff man walks, it is fucking guaranteed that the next guy up will hit into a double play. Like it happens, no lie, at least 80% of the time. So fucking frustrating. 

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 1:09 PM, TornACL said:

I just had the sliders set to dynamic so it'd get easier or harder depending on how I played. Since I hadn't done MLB in a few years figured I'd go that route. 

I can hit at HOF/HOF+ fairly well, but my teams offensive ranking and power ranking sucks, so it feels like I score 2 or fewer runs way way too often. 

I would love to be able to set the skill at HOF but then adjust a few sliders to get the games a little more high scoring. I haven't looked to see if there might be a good suggested slider setting somewhere online. 

I cannot lay off any change up in the dirt, can't hit for shit with RISP, and if my leadoff man walks, it is fucking guaranteed that the next guy up will hit into a double play. Like it happens, no lie, at least 80% of the time. So fucking frustrating. 

Yeah, I found this community that is all about Franchise sliders. https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-show-sliders/

I tried a few of them, but in the end have just started tinkering with them myself to try and establish a difficulty that will result in realistic stats and performance. I have both pitching and hitting set at HOF and have tinkered with the settings based off of some of the things I found in the threads on Operation Sports.

The double play epidemic is real. I've started trying to swipe second with runners who have no business stealing just to try and avoid the DP.

What's the deal with player stamina? I'm like a month in and I'm having to rest my players like every 4th game. How in the world am I supposed to play a 162 game season with people losing so much stamina? I realize that MLB players do take days off, but jesus christ, at this rate my stars are going to end up playing like 110 games each. 

To avoid swinging at off-speed in the dirt, I pretty much take any pitch that doesn't start in the top third of the zone until I have two strikes. This leads to better counts and thus better pitches to hit. Playing DD has helped a lot with that because when a human opponent realizes you can't lay off the slow stuff in the dirt, that's all your gonna see the rest of the game until you can start laying off.

48 minutes ago, Foosters said:

The double play epidemic is real. I've started trying to swipe second with runners who have no business stealing just to try and avoid the DP.

What's the deal with player stamina? I'm like a month in and I'm having to rest my players like every 4th game. How in the world am I supposed to play a 162 game season with people losing so much stamina? I realize that MLB players do take days off, but jesus christ, at this rate my stars are going to end up playing like 110 games each. 

Oh you can try to hit and run, but you'll still hit into double plays because now instead of two hoppers to short, your batters will hit rocket liners right into their glove, easy throw over to first to get the runner before he scurries back to the bag. 

I haven't had too much trouble with players getting tired. I don't sub the stars unless the pop up comes up advising me to rest them. I will also sometimes do a mass rest day if I am going up against some dickhead pitcher with a 5.00+ ERA that day.

• Like 1