2020 Hurricane Season w/ special guest Covid-19

Loco

I'm no 'biblical scholar' like many Texans I know...but given the outbreak of tornadoes, now early hurricanes during the plague outbreak of Covid-19...and with everyone around the world, regardless of political affiliation, looking for someone to save humanity...uh, I'd put my money on Armilus showing up soon.  

Then again, I suppose a lot of people are welcoming the end of days.  Back to meteorology (I should know, I got a C- in Troy Kimmel's class)...there isn't enough good data available yet but it is interesting already to see the differences in air quality in myriad global cities during this shutdown.  Still, nothing can explain away what the fuck a system of that intensity is doing far off the coast of Central America in fucking April.  

Meh...it only has a 30% chance at development over the next couple of days and then is expected to dissipate. The Atlantic season is expected to be above average. It could be an interesting summer along the Atlantic and Gulf coasts.

Meh...it only has a 30% chance at development over the next couple of days and then is expected to dissipate. The Atlantic season is expected to be above average. It could be an interesting summer along the Atlantic and Gulf coasts.
Will it keep Floridians off the beach?

3 minutes ago, Parliament said:
23 minutes ago, Hate said:

Will it keep Floridians off the beach?

Or maybe the stupid ones go and get washed to sea? Ya know, social cleansing and all that. 

48 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So will a major hurricane blow the virus away?

Cage match of inconvenience!

In one corner, you need water, can't use your freezer, no power and stores are closed

In the other corner, you need toilet paper & a mask, can't fit more stuff in your working freezer and stores are open lol

Cage match of inconvenience!
In one corner, you need water, can't use your freezer, no power and stores are closed
In the other corner, you need toilet paper & a mask, can't fit more stuff in your working freezer and stores are open lol

That’s tough. If we are just talking personally, lll take the Coronas. Life hasn’t changed all that much for us except we are home all of the time. Hurricanes suck!

Obviously I’d rather the whole world not have to deal with the Coronas though.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

When was the last time that an above average hurricane season was not predicted. Seems like they say that every year.

Exactly.  I live along Gulf Coast, so we are use to it. I was at the beach 2 weeks ago, and it was pretty damn cold.  Had to pucker up to take a leak hanging off the back of the boat.  Ive learned to get a condo rented in June, things crank up in July down here.

You’re tripping. It officially starts June 1 but it’s not that uncommon to have a little storm spin up before then.

Edit: I did not know that it’s been that long since there have been two named storms before June 1.

Kent Brockman: And the weather service has warned us to brace ourselves for the onslaught of Hurricane Barbara. And if you think naming a destructive storm after a woman is sexist, you obviously have never seen the gals grabbing for items at a clearance sale.

Marge: That's true... but he shouldn't say it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hate said:

You’re tripping. It officially starts June 1 but it’s not that uncommon to have a little storm spin up before then.

Edit: I did not know that it’s been that long since there have been two named storms before June 1.

We might get more based on the models. If the GFS were to verify, we'd have 4 storms by the first week of June.

2 hours ago, Dewey said:

...and the most important message we can offer right now is to not be overly concerned with this. Watch it, yes, and we will. But we don’t know whether a tropical storm will even form, whether it will strengthen, or where it will ultimately go...

...If it does so, it probably would be renamed Cristobal.

tl;dr:    We can't predict the future, we don't yet have a Cristobal.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1