2020 Hurricane Season w/ special guest Covid-19

Loco

47 minutes ago, Lobo said:

That Tropical Weather Outlook photo looks like a Bald Eagle went in for an X-ray of its head.  And the doctor is showing it to him like, 'Welp, you see this here?  You have a giant piece of shit lodged in your skull.'  And the Bald Eagle, now dejected and sad from his once mighty role as being the proud emblem of the United States of America asks, 'Why in the world would I have a giant stool lodged in my skull?'  And the doctor replies, 'Because it's 2020, wait until you see the hurricane that'll wipe out your flock on top of all this...Shithead.' 

What a perfect metaphor for what's happening to our country right now.  The Bald Eagle with a piece of shit lodged in its skull.  

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Special Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1105 AM EDT Tue Jul 21 2020

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued to update the status of the
reconnaissance mission originally scheduled for the system near the
Straits of Florida and to increase the formation chances for the
system in the tropical Atlantic.

Updated: Satellite imagery and recent satellite wind data indicate that the low pressure system located about midway between the west coast of Africa and the Lesser Antilles continues to get better organized. If current trends continue, advisories could be initiated on this system as a tropical depression later today. Regardless of development during the next couple of days, less favorable conditions should limit additional development by the weekend.

* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
3 likes   

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=2

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

That Tropical Weather Outlook photo looks like a Bald Eagle went in for an X-ray of its head.  And the doctor is showing it to him like, 'Welp, you see this here?  You have a giant piece of shit lodged in your skull.'  And the Bald Eagle, now dejected and sad from his once mighty role as being the proud emblem of the United States of America asks, 'Why in the world would I have a giant stool lodged in my skull?'  And the doctor replies, 'Because it's 2020, wait until you see the hurricane that'll wipe out your flock on top of all this...Shithead.' 

What a perfect metaphor for what's happening to our country right now.  The Bald Eagle with a piece of shit lodged in its skull.  

OK, Grendel

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hate said:

Latest Euro model (ECMWF) for rainfall through this weekend.

f81bf71e6054893fdcea6f4941b3a662.jpg

I see it says Tuesday through this weekend, but what is the start time today?  Now?  Most of SE Houston has 2” since the early morning hours already.  I’d say it isn’t bullish enough. 

We have a pin with 2 patches that our old lab goes in to at bedtime. Sounded like a war zone last night. He said Fuck this and undid those latches last night, and I woke up to him asleep in the middle of our bedroom floor. 

18 hours ago, gmr548 said:
20 hours ago, Hate said:
Latest Euro model (ECMWF) for rainfall through this weekend.

f81bf71e6054893fdcea6f4941b3a662.jpg

Lol. The Austin area is going to be an isolated pocket of increased precipitation. Okay. Sure.

I know right!  Central Texas never receives large amounts of rain...

https://www.tdi.texas.gov/news/2019/welcome-to-flash-flood-alley.html

spacer.png

Edited by Somnio
  • Like 1

Now a cat 1

Do it Doug!

V72pAjb.gif.f26a1dbc62be50af1e7a3ce27c6e4216.gif

Doug is in the Eastern Pacific and no threat to the US mainland. Gonzalo is the one about to enter the Caribbean and what we need to keep our eyes on. Invest 91L is the rainmaker for Texas this week that may or may not strengthen enough to become a named storm before landfall this weekend.

• Haha 1

Invest 91L now given an 80% of developing into a tropical storm.  If it does become a Tropical Storm it will be named Hanna. 

two_atl_2d0.png

The weird thing is that it is given a 90% chance to develop over 5 days, which suggests it will stall off the coast if it remains on its current forecast path.  Someone in South or Southeast Texas is about to get a lot of rain. 

1. Data from the Air Force Hurricane Hunters and surface observations 
indicate that an area of low pressure over the central Gulf of 
Mexico is gradually becoming better defined.  However, the 
accompanying shower and thunderstorm activity is still poorly 
organized.  Environmental conditions appear conducive for slow 
development of this system, and a tropical depression is likely to 
form during the next day or so as it moves west-northwestward at 
about 10 mph.  Interests in the western Gulf of Mexico should 
monitor the progress of this system, as watches or warnings could be 
required for portions of the coasts of Texas and Louisiana tonight 
or on Thursday.  
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
Edited by Hate