2020 Hurricane Season w/ special guest Covid-19

Loco

1 hour ago, Calihorn said:

20+ inches

= about 1 cubit.*

I'm thinkin' that this thing is now going to go tropical.  Ceiling is Cat 1, more likely TS.  Looking like somewhere near middle Matagorda Bay.

If it turns left Austin might not get much. If it holds and goes up somewhere either side of San Antonio, it'll be a lot of rain.

More on this here stuff later (it is never anywhere near fun to predict what tropical weather will eventually do/where eventually will go).

* Speaking of Biblical, today's Bible lesson is that most people think Noah took 1 pair of every animal on the ark.  Wrong.  Gen. 6:7-7:24 , the account says that in many cases took more.  And no fishies (now that would have been a waste of time); in fact, the account sort of goes out of its way not to list marine life as among the casualties.  Think about that the next time you're wearing your bib in Red Lobster!   Amen.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, phdhorn said:

Ceiling is Cat 1, more likely TS.  Looking like somewhere near middle Matagorda Bay.

Right here with you on this.

Looks like it may be Hanna soon, as they are finding TS force winds during recon.

Edited by Rip76

Meanwhile in the pacific Douglas might hit Maui dead on as a cat1.  When was the last time that happened? 
Don't think it made landfall but a major storm fucked around with Hawaii a year or two ago. Was a cat 5 at one point. Like 50 inches recorded at one point on the big island.

The best thing about hurricane season are all the rain/dick size jokes. Same joke every year.  Actually same joke everytime a couple drops of rain falls from the sky anywhere in Texas. ("I gave your mom more than a couple drops...)

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

None of us asked about what your wife is getting.

3 hours ago, Scary Stranger said:

That's what you're mom gets.

47 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
56 minutes ago, Xian said:
Meanwhile in the pacific Douglas might hit Maui dead on as a cat1.  When was the last time that happened? 

Don't think it made landfall but a major storm fucked around with Hawaii a year or two ago. Was a cat 5 at one point. Like 50 inches recorded at one point on the big island.

hurricane Lane

11 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

The best thing about hurricane season are all the rain/dick size jokes. Same joke every year.  Actually same joke everytime a couple drops of rain falls from the sky anywhere in Texas. ("I gave your mom more than a couple drops...)

And you expect more from us? 

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Austin force field has been activated 

I'll bet you a night with South Austin's mom that we get rain. Only trouble is, I can't figure out if that's for the winner or the loser.

On a much less important note, I get just a little nervous when these things go through the Gulf because the water is warm and they can ramp up way past predictions. But since it's just late July and not late August, that might help keep it down.

I'm still sticking to mild/medium strength tropical storm is the leading candidate. Of course LOL that's today.

Edited by phdhorn

27 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

I'll bet you a night with South Austin's mom that we get rain. Only trouble is, I can't figure out if that's for the winner or the loser.

On a much less important note, I get just a little nervous when these sings go through the Gulf because the water is warm and they can ramp up way past predictions. But since it's just late July and not late August, that might help keep it down.

I'm still sticking to mild/medium strength tropical storm is the leading candidate. Of course LOL that's today.

giphy.gif

Austin once again with TS's/Canes, looking increasingly like less rain as time passes.  Storm is veering a bit more west than NW, should hit maybe at or just north of South Padre.  Not good news for rain here, although still should see a few rain bands go by, mostly to south/east of ATX area.  More later.

Gonzalo gonna go malo when it hits the 'bbean - as in weaken (shear is pretty good right now around there.  Might reform if it doesn't dissipate.