2020 Hurricane Season w/ special guest Covid-19

Loco

35 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Looks like I won a night with South Austin’s mom. Good?

Not yet, keemosabe.

Great chance today of passing showers (they're already on the radar).  Certainly not the drenching rains that could have come, but we will see a few periods of rain around here.  Bet is that measurable rain has to fall anywhere in TravCo associated with this storm (basically today through Sunday, I'll even toss out Monday because I'm such a nice guy)- that counts.  I'm lubing up as we speak (and putting on my hazmat suit now).

Edited by phdhorn

3 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Not yet, keemosabe.

Great chance today of passing showers (they're already on the radar).  Certainly not the drenching rains that could have come, but we will see a few periods of rain around here.  Bet is that measurable rain has to fall anywhere in TravCo associated with this storm (basically today through Sunday, I'll even toss out Monday because I'm such a nice guy)- that counts.  I'm lubing up as we speak (and putting on my hazmat suit now).

Get ready, South Austin's mom!
cdb880ea4cf24b0a4901b7f90b41c4ff--good-w

(another bigger band coming in today, maybe 1 tomorrow, and we're done).

2 hours ago, 1978horn said:

We are down in Port A for the weekend. Came down on Thursday before things started to get bad. Not too bad so far. Drove down to the marina about 30 min ago and the boat ramps are still accessible.

Any high water on the Gulf side?  Around 11th and 12th streets?  Was there any noticeable storm surge?

Water was way up against the dunes and took out some of the lower portions of the boardwalks, but no it’s nowhere near 11th or 12th. Marina parking lots around Virginia’s flooded pretty good but no real damage. Got a few more hours to go but looks like there’s almost no lasting damage from wind or water.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Get ready, South Austin's mom!
cdb880ea4cf24b0a4901b7f90b41c4ff--good-w

(another bigger band coming in today, maybe 1 tomorrow, and we're done).

Ha. I’m going to stand outside with a cup as this band passes. We’ll see if I catch anything. Now you might from South Austin’s mom

4 hours ago, 1978horn said:

Still not a big deal in Port A where I’m at. Power came back on after a few hours and we are grilling fajitas in the wind!

b6d3dc8b0ed26a06b4b30bb64d6fefc6.jpg

Ha. Hopefully you weren’t still grilling when that last band came in. I’ve got good video but not enough internet to upload it yet.

Power still out in Port A. We just left and had no issues getting back to mainland via 361. Although we stopped at the first whataburger that had power and the line is onto the access road, but we need food before the kids start eating each other.

20 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Hawaii about to be hit by a hurricane

So chances it hits Alabama...strong to moderately strong?  

That's crazy, that Douglas would be only the third hurricane to directly hit Hawaii's islands since at least WWII, possibly earlier than that.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

So chances it hits Alabama...strong to moderately strong?  

That's crazy, that Douglas would be only the third hurricane to directly hit Hawaii's islands since at least WWII, possibly earlier than that.  

Most of the time they're falling apart by the time they even reach Hawaii. Douglas managed to hang on some how