2020 Hurricane Season w/ special guest Covid-19

Loco

Client's Proposal Coordinator just flew back to the Dominican Republic to visit family. We have a big project starting on Monday and her boss is panicking. 

I advised her to stock up on beer and rum and send lots of pictures. He did not think that was funny. Guess I should have told her to find a blue shed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, XYZ said:

Ugh, I was scheduled to go to Corpus Monday-Thursday for work.

In Corpus you will never even know there is a storm in the gulf. This thing isn’t coming anywhere near us. Hopefully you weren’t planning to work on the new pipeline in the port that blew up this morning.

Edited by justhookit

Here are the latest Euro models for Tuesday morning.  I'll be completely stocked up on everything I need as of tonight.  Everything has trended westward today as these systems aren't as strong as they were forecast to be yet, which is good, but some models have suggested that TS Laura could follow TD 14 into Texas.  yTaXkKF.png

yEpZ8wM.png

Edited by Hate

1 minute ago, Hate said:

That low settling over Central Texas on Wednesday would be perfect to top off the lakes for the rest of the year.

You know, that would be just PERFECT.  Why?  Because I've got a dove lease where the best draw is our stock tanks -- great to have water to draw them in during a dry year, which this is.  But, I mean, why WOULDN'T mother nature scatter water all over creation a week before opening day, scattering all the birds?

Happened to us in 2001.  I was out scouting birds a week before opening day.  Lost count at 1,000 shootable birds over our tank.  As we were leaving that day, it started raining.....and kept raining for 5 days.  Went out on opening day.  Had to drive through mud to get there.  Saw a dozen birds.

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You know, that would be just PERFECT.  Why?  Because I've got a dove lease where the best draw is our stock tanks -- great to have water to draw them in during a dry year, which this is.  But, I mean, why WOULDN'T mother nature scatter water all over creation a week before opening day, scattering all the birds?

Happened to us in 2001.  I was out scouting birds a week before opening day.  Lost count at 1,000 shootable birds over our tank.  As we were leaving that day, it started raining.....and kept raining for 5 days.  Went out on opening day.  Had to drive through mud to get there.  Saw a dozen birds.

Same here.  Have a smoking pasture for opening but why not, 2020?  You merciless bitch of a year.

LOL at Cat 1.  

I've seen too many of these 'unexpectedly' rapidly blow up to like a Cat. 3, then weaken during eyewall replacement, and hit the coast as a restrengthening 2 with a larger storm surge.

I've also seen shear win out, but don't count on it.

Edited by clapclapclap
Also also: I've seen fire and I've seen rain

2 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

LOL at Cat 1.  

I've seen too many of these 'unexpectedly' rapidly blow up to like a Cat. 3, then weaken during eyewall replacement, and hit the coast as a restrengthening 2 with a larger storm surge.

I've also seen shear win out, but don't count on it.

So, are we fucked or not?

Edited by Teddyballgame
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

image.thumb.png.78d3425c69ebb3416b65406570a5d483.png

So, who was it and did you get breakfast?

South Austin’s mother, and yes, a brisket taco

But I’m not going to celebrate yet. My weather outlook still doesn’t say much rain for Austin. Are there rainless tropical depressions?

I'm starting to get the feeling that Houston is going to avoid a large windy storm out of this. If Marco gets stronger, Marco goes further east. If Laura gets stronger, Laura stays further south. 

No A/C and closed grocery stores and gas stations during Ike was the most miserable part, so I'll take it. 

Even if we get several inches of rain, which still feels very likely, it will almost certainly not be another Harvey, which was very rare in terms of it stalling out like it did.

10 hours ago, Hate said:

Here is the latest forecast track from the NHC. Notice that there is very little movement from Tuesday to Wednesday. Someone is going to get a lot of rain out of this if the forecast holds true.

1933bd88f7d697e604dc32d92fe4872c.jpg

Though I barely passed Troy Kimmel's 'Weather & Climate' class years ago...I promise you this forecast map is 100% accurate.  Because that Capital 'D' is precisely over South Austin's Mom's house at 8:00p on Wednesday night which is precisely where and when I give her the 'D'   And yeah, moisture levels...........HIGH

Jesus.  I hope you all are enjoying pulling up your hems and dancing on chairs in fear.  I get that this is mostly people being funny but I’m just so tired of people doing this every August and September when it rains in the Leewards.  

Every model has been totally different each run and there’s no consistent track or intensity forecast for either storm run to run.  They don’t know where either of these storms are going, how big they’ll be, or even if they’re going to still exist in 72 hours. But the one thing every model says is this is not Carla, or Katrina, or Harvey. So if you’re going to pay attention to any of it, that would be the thing.  

You'll get some rain maybe.  But no one needs to be filling their bathtubs and buying extra gasoline.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

It might have something to do with the last 6 months of suck we've all gone through.

Spend 20 minutes listening to Levi Cowan from last night and then look at the new tracks this morning and you’ll feel better.   Spend another 10 looking at the differences since yesterday morning and you’ll feel even better. 

tropicaltidbits.com

trackthetropics.com

7 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Dear weather channel: cut to Felicia Combs more often please

Which quits first...her lips or those tits?

Trick question.  They're both on 24-hour shifts.  She's like a cartoon Telemundo meteorologist in real life, on a massive network.  

So resident surly forecasters...what of this second wave later this morning/early afternoon?  Looks like it's weakening but still there.  

Edited by Lobo

16 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Dear weather channel: cut to Felicia Combs more often please

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Which quits first...her lips or those tits?

Trick question.  They're both on 24-hour shifts.  She's like a cartoon Telemundo meteorologist in real life, on a massive network.  

So resident surly forecasters...what of this second wave later this morning/early afternoon?  Looks like it's weakening but still there.  

let me help y'all out

nh1k2qsbdwf41.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

THICC

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

The toads are not protected by any conservation laws but toad hunters do have to abide by the state's anti-cruelty law. The humane way to terminate the toads is to apply a small dab of Orajel or a similar numbing agent on it while wearing latex or rubber gloves. After a few minutes, place them in a plastic bag and freeze them for 48 hours. Then dispose of them.

I'm guessing that's exactly how the majority of these encounters in Florida are going down.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165151&stc=1