2020 Hurricane Season w/ special guest Covid-19

Loco

Hopefully it stays right at the border. But if Laura ends up nailing Houston and they don't shift guidance until late tonight and people feel like they only thought they were truly in danger for one day - people are going to be hurt and upset. OTOH most people I know down there are vets of Ike and leaving today. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

The Space City Weather guys seem like they are torn - I think they believe in the Euro model more than any of the others, but they don't want to contradict the NHS on such a consequential forecast. 

Here's to hoping it stays east.

Yep.  The last radar image I looked at (about 15 minutes ago) showed a wobble north, but that will coincide with a wobble west as the storm starts to strengthen and organize now that it's in the open water.  How big of a wobble west will be pretty damn telling with where this one's gonna go.  The bigger the wobble, the more Texas the storm gets. 

7 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Jesus Christ the 12z GFS is back a little more East into Louisiana. That’s why the NHC didn’t move. 

New Euro coming in a couple of hours. 

image.thumb.png.96789eecd1e41d6a1fb8149b8da5c2b6.png

It’s actually directly on the TX/LA border. The higher winds to right of center are what are depicted. 

26 minutes ago, CleverNickname said:

But if Laura ends up nailing Houston and they don't shift guidance until late tonight and people feel like they only thought they were truly in danger for one day - people are going to be hurt and upset.

the big lebowski dude GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

What time is Euro running?

And yeah the Space City guys are sort of punting at this point, reading between the lines they seem stumped by NHC not moving the forecast but they won’t formally contradict it, and instead giving guidance on various scenarios.

Unfortunately decisions have to be made right now for people

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

@leroy

If we want to get technical, the WP-3D is a variant of the P-3 which is a variant of the L-188 Electra, all of which share the same wings and Allison engines.

They're Electras to me, dammit. 

i didn't know about the fuselage hack, was that for the P-3 or just the WP-3D ?

All P-3 variants.  There were some structural changes to the wings as well to support hard points.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Basically if this thing comes ashore around San Louis, everything in the greater Houston area is going to get nailed? Fort Bend, Harris, Liberty, etc etc??

Cat 4 coming up that way means 140 MPH sustained winds and gusts approaching 200 MPH. Utter destruction and downed trees everywhere, especially close to the coast. Not quite as bad north in Fort Bend and Harris but still plenty bad. 

9 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
22 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:
Basically if this thing comes ashore around San Louis, everything in the greater Houston area is going to get nailed? Fort Bend, Harris, Liberty, etc etc??

Idk where San Louis is but I'm pretty sure Houston is fine if it hits there.

nvm. iswydt

Edited by tejas60
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
32 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Idk where San Louis is but I'm pretty sure Houston is fine if it hits there.

Mizzurah