2020 Hurricane Season w/ special guest Covid-19

Loco

13 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

We are contemplating building an arc...shits been raining non stop here in Fort Walton Beach.

My pool is white capping and about to overflow, crazy. Could be a lot worse so I'm counting my blessings.

Oh your pool is experiencing difficulty? Never forget! 

;)

Just kidding, hang in there, hope all is well.

• Hook 'Em 1

Do you still have power in Fort Walton? 
Power has been out since 3:40 and the inside of our house is sitting in 2"-4" of water. Our only road out of the community is flooded and the starter on my truck took a shit yesterday. Songoing to try and stay in a hotel assuming they have power and I can get out some how.

20 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
58 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:
Do you still have power in Fort Walton? 

Power has been out since 3:40 and the inside of our house is sitting in 2"-4" of water. Our only road out of the community is flooded and the starter on my truck took a shit yesterday. Songoing to try and stay in a hotel assuming they have power and I can get out some how.

Damn. I’m flying into ECP tomorrow and could be heading home same day then. 

Hopefully you can get out soon. 

Damn...sorry to hear that. I hope you get out and get dry soon.

We lived thru hurricane Michael at Tyndall AFB and the constant rain was nothing like this. Combined with it moving so slow there is no where for the water to go. I assume Harvey was alot like that except way stronger IIRC.

The shitty thing is my 120G reef aquarium that I've had for a few years and invested so much time in will all perish.

“Hurricane” Harvey wasn’t really much of an issue for the Houston area as we didn’t really have a lot of wind. It was that it just would move and continued to dump rain on us for 4 days. I ended up with 41 inches of rain at my house from Saturday morning until Tuesday night.

Good luck MM. We are hoping for the best for you and your family.

57 minutes ago, Hate said:

“Hurricane” Harvey wasn’t really much of an issue for the Houston area as we didn’t really have a lot of wind. It was that it just would move and continued to dump rain on us for 4 days. I ended up with 41 inches of rain at my house from Saturday morning until Tuesday night.

Good luck MM. We are hoping for the best for you and your family.

Every time it comes up, I correct my kids and wife and say it was a rain event that got us. Not a hurricane. I get “tone” and eye roll so severe I’m surprised she hasn’t gotten them stuck in the back of her head. Mainly just don’t want the kids to grow up thinking a hurricane is something that just dumps enough rain to turn the streets in to their pool and gives them a 2 week vacation (with power, netflix, food, etc). 

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Like 1

Still recovering from Hurricane Laura here in SWLA.  Much of Lake Charles now has power restored but the cleanup is ongoing. I imagine many of the out of town linemen are headed to the FL Panhandle.  The house next door to mine had two trees fall through the roof.  I got extremely lucky. My thoughts are with everyone tangled up with Sally. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Every time it comes up, I correct my kids and wife and say it was a rain event that got us. Not a hurricane. I get “tone” and eye roll so severe I’m surprised she hasn’t gotten them stuck in the back of her head. Mainly just don’t want the kids to grow up thinking a hurricane is something that just dumps enough rain to turn the streets in to their pool and gives them a 2 week vacation (with power, netflix, food, etc). 

Yeah, I often feel a little guilty when people ask me about Harvey simply because for us it was not bad at all. We lost power on Tuesday when it finally stopped raining, but it was restored the next day. Other than that, we had plenty of food and booze so we were good.

13 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

We are contemplating building an arc...shits been raining non stop here in Fort Walton Beach.

My pool is white capping and about to overflow, crazy. Could be a lot worse so I'm counting my blessings.

C198AB09-94EF-4F6A-8904-5D8A7CA3ED90.jpeg

...but seriously, glad you’re doing well

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mother mopar said:

We lived thru hurricane Michael at Tyndall AFB and the constant rain was nothing like this. Combined with it moving so slow there is no where for the water to go. I assume Harvey was alot like that except way stronger IIRC.

The shitty thing is my 120G reef aquarium that I've had for a few years and invested so much time in will all perish.

Stay safe. We’ve got water up to the house at this point from where it came through Sun/Mon, but it hasn’t moved the last couple of inches to where it’s in our lower level. I check it regularly expecting the first floor to have standing water creeping in but it’s held so far. Rained again yesterday which sucked, but hopefully it’s done for a few days so this can recede.

Based on your record of them following you recently, stay in the panhandle and don’t move south.

• Like 1

"inside of our house is sitting in 2"-4" of water"

As a Harvey "victim" (don't like the victim term for myself but you know what I mean), I know what you're going through.  Even 2-4" sucks big time.  We had 8" and it was terrible and we count ourselves as the lucky ones.  Let us know if we can help.  I know that feeling of just thinking, when will it stop?  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

Appreciate the outreach surly. We will be alright and will take it day by day. Got a hotel booked and am in the middle of rehoming my fish to some folks on local forums/boards.

Rain has slowly died down but wind has picked up immensely. Here is the stream at the back door.9d7ef57528265ee56033e1e051127134.jpgf7e13f7f17393a7e1d37cc3c89e0bca4.jpg

Reminds me of being a kid in Selma and watching balls of fire ants float past.

Man I'm so sorry to see that, Mopar!  Well that thing should start moving out now, because the land will grab it and shove it NE.  Not much consolation I know.

The other storms now existent in the Atlantic are not coming to North America.  The one which will probably be Wilma off the Cape Verdes might.  But this is some good news, I guess.

Man I'm so sorry to see that, Mopar!  Well that thing should start moving out now, because the land will grab it and shove it NE.  Not much consolation I know.

The other storms now existent in the Atlantic are not coming to North America.  The one which will probably be Wilma off the Cape Verdes might.  But this is some good news, I guess.

What are your thoughts are 90L? I’ve seen some suggestions it could go into Mexico, some that it might be a strong TS and going into the mid Texas coast, and others it could strengthen quite a bit and go into the Mid-Gulf Coast as hurricane.

6 minutes ago, Hate said:

What are your thoughts are 90L? I’ve seen some suggestions it could go into Mexico, some that it might be a strong TS and going into the mid Texas coast, and others it could strengthen quite a bit and go into the Mid-Gulf Coast as hurricane.

Lol when you got this...:

storm_90.gif

you might as well consult the Magic 8 Ball.

First things first, the Gulf is the Gulf and storms close to the continent can do very, very weird things (Hello Harvey).  So anything is possible (CYA now inserted).  But...

This thing was moving south and getting sloppy.  Today it's gotten a bit more organization (this was actually forecast by a few models at one point to hit the centex coast as a TS last week).  It's been moving south pretty steadily but might fart around in the Yucatan.  Only 1 of about 13 models puts it on a track which could affect us.  Yeah it could change.

Right now, no way.  Zip.

But... check back in about 24 hours, because you know hurricanes is crazy bitches.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The reason that the 90L models are wobbling all over the kingdom is that we have a cool front coming in Friday, not a strong one (but the reason that the weekend is going to be spectacular here).  The models can't figure out the strength and the "forcefield ability" of the front to push the hurricane NE into the central-eastern Gulf shore.  That'll firm up in about 2 days.  I think it'll go NE to where they've gone this year so far.  Just depends on how long that front holds out and doesn't weaken.

Tropical Tidbits is my go to for probably the last 8-9 years.  He has exceptional insight and intuition. Louisiana landfall looks good to me.  Not saying there are parts of our state that couldn't use the rain.  Tough luck Louisiana.  

If it follows the current predicted path, lots of places in our state are going to get rain.

It's getting a little Harvey-like <ugh>.  Of course this is still in the roulette wheel stage, but the models seem to want to bring it N to somewhere off the coast of Corpus, swing it W/NW for a jog, then hairpin it NE up to the central LA coast.

Well, that's the track for today, boys.  I'll wait for the next Etch-a-Sketch track to come out tomorrow.

Hurricanez iz weird bitchez.