2020 Hurricane Season w/ special guest Covid-19

Loco

Yeah...I chose the “let her go to sleep while I watch a bit more TV in the living room, and maybe she’ll have a cooler head in the morning” approach. That approach bats about .500, whereas the “I think we need to discuss this right now” approach has a perfect .000 record.

There better be some goddamned flooding in the morning.

But maybe if you let us talk to her it will make more sense. Should I PM my number? I’ve had the perfect amount of bourbon and weed that I am sure I can talk some sense into her.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah...I chose the “let her go to sleep while I watch a bit more TV in the living room, and maybe she’ll have a cooler head in the morning” approach. That approach bats about .500, whereas the “I think we need to discuss this right now” approach has a perfect .000 record.

There better be some goddamned flooding in the morning.

Just tell her to calm down and get over it. What could go wrong?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is a nice purty, cool color running (i.e. continually updated) look at Beta.  Looks like it stayed out in the Gulf over night.  i think Rip mentioned yesterday a buncha dry air was funneling in from the SW and it seems that's the case.  The western half of the storm is nothing right now.  This is why it didn't inundate the Texas coast overnight.  Most of it was in the NOLA area.  That thing looks pretty well east of where I thought it would be right now.  But I trust it'll move west as they say.  Or not.  Or maybe.  Or screw it.

BTW this picture should change through the day as it's updated, making all of the above outdated.  Which it likely will, duh.

(BTW the center of the storm is somwhere to the lower left of the cluster of storms in the current pic (not sure how it'll look in 8 hours)).

Let's see what today brings. 

GOES16-SP-GEOCOLOR-600x600.gif

Edited by phdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

I'm gonna see if I can sneak into(and out of) Demi John today to secure up the place.  If CR227 is good, then I'm golden.  If not, then I get nice long ride to plan for the aftermath.

Man. I haven’t thought about Demi John in years. I had a couple of high school buds with places there. Awesome place to water ski. 

She was a mile or so up from San Luis pass, on the beach side. Concern is 20 miles of low-lying road to get back to civilization in either direction.

She just walked in the house. Do you think she used the 4 hr drove to a) mellow out, or b) stew and get even angrier?

Gosh...I’m sure none of y’all can figure it out.

That would have been one hell of a post of the year candidate in the wives thread
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....looks like it peaked at 3 feet above msl....not enough to shut down her road out. I’m gonna catch lots of shit. Such is life.

It ain't over yet, and women plowing their SUVs through saltwater is a good thing to avoid.

I love how you gave her options and encouraged her to continue her getaway on higher ground, but you're still the asshole for trying to look out for her safety and well-being.  

We're here for ya, Brisket...ya poor whipped bastard...

9 hours ago, elfenix said:

should have given one of us their address down there and we could show up "from the internet" to inform them shit's about to get real.  no, it probably wouldn't work, but it might be lulz

27 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....looks like it peaked at 3 feet above msl....not enough to shut down her road out. I’m gonna catch lots of shit. Such is life.

Would be fun to drive down, get ready, hop out of the car, run up to this group of women, say "Hi, I'm from the internet, we just wanted to tell you that, unlike these other women, your husband actually cares about you, and you should probably keep an extremely close eye on the weather so that you don't get stranded", run back to the car, put my clothes back on, and head back to Austin.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Would be fun to drive down, get ready, hop out of the car, run up to this group of women, say "Hi, I'm from the internet, we just wanted to tell you that, unlike these other women, your husband actually cares about you, and you should probably keep an extremely close eye on the weather so that you don't get stranded", run back to the car, put my clothes back on, and head back to Austin.

lulz

Tears?  You gotta be fucking kidding me...

When's the last time you were able to go grab a few beers with your buddies? Be sure to make sure she's aware of that.

Well, the boy and I went to a friends ranch dove hunting a couple weeks ago....so I’ve had some guy time.

She was having a really good time and a great visit with two of her best friends, and my “command” cut it short. The hell of it is, we had one short conversation where I told her to please look at the forecasters’ info, don’t just listen to me. No further conversation, the next thing I hear is her calling me from her car, telling me she’s on her way home, and she’s pissed.

Would have liked to talk to her and her friends some more to see what things looked like and what they were hearing...but that wasn’t gonna happen.

Told her I’m sorry, she nodded, and that was all.

So, I’ll just spend a coupla days in the deep freeze. I’ve done it before.

That's pretty ridiculous even for a woman to be mad about your very legitimate concern about her being stranded because of flooding.  I would drop an "I'm sorry I was worried about your well being, I won't make that mistake again."  There are times that being irrational crosses the line and this is one of them I think.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

This is a nice purty, cool color running (i.e. continually updated) look at Beta.  Looks like it stayed out in the Gulf over night.  i think Rip mentioned yesterday a buncha dry air was funneling in from the SW and it seems that's the case.  The western half of the storm is nothing right now.  This is why it didn't inundate the Texas coast overnight.  Most of it was in the NOLA area.  That thing looks pretty well east of where I thought it would be right now.  But I trust it'll move west as they say.  Or not.  Or maybe.  Or screw it.

BTW this picture should change through the day as it's updated, making all of the above outdated.  Which it likely will, duh.

(BTW the center of the storm is somwhere to the lower left of the cluster of storms in the current pic (not sure how it'll look in 8 hours)).

1500z an eye starts opening

1 hour ago, elfenix said:
5 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Read more  

1500z an eye starts opening

Yeah the storm began convecting on the west side and encircling the eye all within about an hour's development this morning. That's fast.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

Friends got back with no trouble. Dropped off her shoes she accidentally left behind.

Got the speech - I made her feel stupid, they were monitoring the conditions. And she feels manipulated, I made her choose between her friends and me, so of course she chose me, but she’s fucking pissed about it and intends to stay that way. And it sure didn’t help that she got a separate message from the MIL warning her of the conditions - my mother needs to STFU and not do anything that remotely sounds like “telling her what she should do.”

I think the boy and I should head out to the dove lease early today....it’ll be raining too much the next few days to hunt.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Friends got back with no trouble. Dropped off her shoes she accidentally left behind.

Got the speech - I made her feel stupid, they were monitoring the conditions. And she feels manipulated, I made her choose between her friends and me, so of course she chose me, but she’s fucking pissed about it and intends to stay that way. And it sure didn’t help that she got a separate message from the MIL warning her of the conditions - my mother needs to STFU and not do anything that remotely sounds like “telling her what she should do.”

I think the boy and I should head out to the dove lease early today....it’ll be raining too much the next few days to hunt.

This shit enrages me. Nobody makes anyone feel anything. You're in charge of your own feelings. 

I mean, if this is how it works, why can't we all just "make" our wives feel like having sex 24/7? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

This shit enrages me. Nobody makes anyone feel anything. You're in charge of your own feelings. 
I mean, if this is how it works, why can't we all just "make" our wives feel like having sex 24/7? 

Do you even “wife,” bro?

All could have been dealt with if she had called me back privately and said “let’s discuss.” Instead, she decided to feel pressured, for into a huff, and indulged that huff all the way home.

You know, productive.

Like I said...gonna go hunting early today, get some fresh air.

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That’s crazy. I cant believe she is that upset for just missing an evening with friends. It’s not even like your warnings were that far off from reality. The water is continuing to rise. Blue water highway will probably be closed soon. 

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Do you even “wife,” bro?

All could have been dealt with if she had called me back privately and said “let’s discuss.” Instead, she decided to feel pressured, for into a huff, and indulged that huff all the way home.

You know, productive.

Like I said...gonna go hunting early today, get some fresh air.

I do. But I ditched the first one that acted like this on the reg. Not saying that you should follow suit, just that I could only handle so much.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xian said:

That’s crazy. I cant believe she is that upset for just missing an evening with friends. It’s not even like your warnings were that far off from reality. The water is continuing to rise. Blue water highway will probably be closed soon. 

You're not married, are you?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1