2020 Hurricane Season w/ special guest Covid-19

Loco

First time using this site, so not sure if it will work. I stopped at Montrose and Allen Parkway to get a shot and saw a KTRK cameraman there. He told me that he was filming the bayou and heard this crazy noise and looked over to see the manhole cover fly 3-4’ into the air. We sat there and watched the water in the manhole recede and come back up close to the opening, but it didn’t do anything crazy again. Let’s see if this link works.

https://sendvid.com/0ylawvnq

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

First time using this site, so not sure if it will work. I stopped at Montrose and Allen Parkway to get a shot and saw a KTRK cameraman there. He told me that he was filming the bayou and heard this crazy noise and looked over to see the manhole cover fly 3-4’ into the air. We sat there and watched the water in the manhole recede and come back up close to the opening, but it didn’t do anything crazy again. Let’s see if this link works.

https://sendvid.com/0ylawvnq

we can see the video.  Very cool.  Thanks.

We’ve gotten about 15 inches in East Pearland. We’re about 3 miles from clear creek which is over it’s banks right now. Not really worried about it honestly.

We’re getting a break from the rain. So much so that neighbors have taken their jet skis to the detention pond 😂 

We got about 50 inches of rain during Harvey. Most of brookside village flooded during Harvey and we’re about 3 miles from there and didn’t flood. Wishing the best for those who are getting hammered right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

so uh yeah, this happened.  Former Hurricane Paulette, thought to be spun out and done a week ago..... she revived herself 6 days later as a TS again,   never lost her name, so its TS Paulette

EihsC9LWsAAo3VQ?format=png&name=small

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/22/weather/paulette-zombie-tropical-storm-trnd/index.htmlPaulette again. 

Lolololololol. I’m now convinced the world ended a few years ago and we are now in the matrix. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

so uh yeah, this happened.  Former Hurricane Paulette, thought to be spun out and done a week ago..... she revived herself 6 days later as a TS again,   never lost her name, so its TS Paulette

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/22/weather/paulette-zombie-tropical-storm-trnd/index.htmlPaulette again. 

So she'll hit Houston in like two weeks as a Cat 7 hurricane.

Not all that unusual on Paulette.  Most storms would re-form again if they didn't spend so much time over land and disintegrate, or simply move into waters too cold to sustain tropical circulation.  As you can see, Paulette is actually going to weaken again and maybe poop out over some porpoises or something in the Eastern Atlantic.  And yeah, if it's that far north, chances are almost zero it would track SW towards the U.S. If it even lasts the weekend it'll be way too far north to do much even if it tries to cross the Atlantic.  At that latitude, it'll be taken up in the mid-latitude westerlies and ubee towards the UK or something.

Edited by phdhorn

Looks like my old neighborhood got something l like 9" and didn't bat an eye... Buffalo Bayou rose quite a bit but seems like it was higher down in Piney Point.  As the Space City guys said, this was not a pretty moderate rain event and yet we saw how much of the city took on water.  Not sure if they'll ever try to fix the situation in Houston, sadly.

Not all that unusual on Paulette.  Most storms would re-form again if they didn't spend so much time over land and disintegrate, or simply move into waters too cold to sustain tropical circulation.  As you can see, Paulette is actually going to weaken again and maybe poop out over some porpoises or something in the Eastern Atlantic.  And yeah, if it's that far north, chances are almost zero it would track SW towards the U.S. If it even lasts the weekend it'll be way too far north to do much even if it tries to cross the Atlantic.  At that latitude, it'll be taken up in the mid-latitude westerlies and ubee towards the UK or something.

Counterpoint: 2020

On 9/22/2020 at 11:08 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

That storm track:

2A7D3DF0-88E9-4B57-815E-FDEE09D81B02.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, I saw some models hinting at this cold front (maybe the next) having the trailing edge turn into a “low pressure system” in the gulf. Usually but late September/early October I’m not too concerned with tropical systems in the gulf hitting Texas, but it is 2020 which means we are likely to get a Cat 5 on our doorstep next week.

1 hour ago, Hate said:

Yeah, I saw some models hinting at this cold front (maybe the next) having the trailing edge turn into a “low pressure system” in the gulf. Usually but late September/early October I’m not too concerned with tropical systems in the gulf hitting Texas, but it is 2020 which means we are likely to get a Cat 5 on our doorstep next week.

I'm thinking a Category 5 makes landfall on Christmas Eve, throws it in reverse and then takes a second run inland again on New Years eve to round out a finominal 2020.....

Just now, Reagan1k said:

I'm thinking a Category 5 makes landfall on Christmas Eve, throws it in reverse and then takes a second run inland again on New Years eve -- colliding with a blue norther to turn into a Hoth-like blizzard, leaving the gulf coast neighborhoods to both drown and suffer iceberg damage -- to round out a finominal 2020.....

FIF fucking 2020.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Weather peeps keeping an eye on two disturbances. One in the western gulf, the second just coming into the Caribbean. 

It is probably not over yet folks. 

And of course, the next two names are Delta Gamma.  Just what you'd expect from 2020....

• Hook 'Em 1