My kid got a 740 on the PSAT

Hanrahan

8 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I believe that makes you the third smartest person on the Texas State campus

yep, my son is kicking ass there. Knows every inch of the river, all the right coeds, and best places to score some good bud. I think he is #2 with those credentials. 

My god son was taking the SAT and got a case of the shits.  Not the mildly annoying ones. The oh fuck after this next wave I've got to sprint for the bathrooms variety.   He is a smart kid and did OK but his last 30 answers were "B".

He's going to retake it.  /csb

2 minutes ago, Loco said:

My god son was taking the SAT and got a case of the shits.  Not the mildly annoying ones. The oh fuck after this next wave I've got to sprint for the bathrooms variety.   He is a smart kid and did OK but his last 30 answers were "B".

Sometimes you just gotta finish the race and let the chips fall where they may.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Loco said:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

As an old golfing buddy of mine used to say, "the world needs ditch diggers, too".  He was a judge, so he'd seen it all. 

I know that guy.  He cares about youth.  He sentenced teens to the gas chamber.  Not because he wanted to, but because he felt he owed it to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loco said:

Dumbass should've known you always pick "C".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

6cGobO.gif

Take him to the zoo.  I hear retards like the zoo.

My 10th grader got a 1270.  And was bummed.  So was I, as he is smarter than that.  But he'll do better on the real thing.  Or else.

After letting my son skip 10th grade this year, I was very afraid that my son would do something similar, but on the PSAT that is actually used for NMSQT. Fortunately, he got a 1470 on the PSAT and a 1560 on the SAT.

• Like 1

What the fuck is the scale of the SAT/PSAT now? I took the SAT on the 2400 scale, but I think it moved back down now. I took the PSAT my freshman year. I swear I scored a 184 (not 1840, 184) and I barely missed the National Honor Society cutoff score. My friend scored a 192 and he qualified for it. I did make the National Hispanic Scholar with that score though. 

When I saw thread title I thought OP was bragging about his son being a super genius.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

What the fuck is the scale of the SAT/PSAT now? I took the SAT on the 2400 scale, but I think it moved back down now. I took the PSAT my freshman year. I swear I scored a 184 (not 1840, 184) and I barely missed the National Honor Society cutoff score. My friend scored a 192 and he qualified for it. I did make the National Hispanic Scholar with that score though. 

When I saw thread title I thought OP was bragging about his son being a super genius.

Yeah, when I took it, I think the max was 240. 0-80 for math, reading, and writing.

7 hours ago, Hanrahan said:

I've got to figure out some way to motivate him.  Think whippin his ass would work?

He’s probably too young to understand this now, but tell him that unless he gets his shit together, you will be exercising prima nocta on his wedding night.  Or anytime he brings a new girlfriend home.  

This reminds me of the time I nailed a chick who was (technically) dumber than a chicken.

Iowa's an ACT state.  36 is a perfect score.  A chicken pecking at random once got a 13 on the ACT.  Junior year at ISU, a chick comes to one of our parties, and things go well.  She's cute, but I was 20 and horny and not reading too deep into anything.  She was currently a freshman at a local community college.  Whatever - maybe she's frugal? She's also my brother's girlfriend's roommate's cousin (insert Ferris Bueller meme). We start chatting and planning to hook up again, and I mention it to my brother's girlfriend, who knew the chick as she always stayed with the cousin while in Ames.

Brother's GF:  Oh, Kinsey's nice.  I just didn't think she was your type....

Me:  Why not?  She's cute and seems fun.

Brother's GF:  Do you know why she goes to DMACC?  She got a 12 on the ACT.

Me:  <blank stare>

I didn't draw a lot of lines with the opposite sex in those days, but sub-poultry intelligence levels was one of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

The SAT is once again 1600. The PSAT goes up to 1520, but the NMSQT selection index transforms the PSAT section scores into an index that tops out at 228.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This reminds me of the time I nailed a chick who was (technically) dumber than a chicken.

Iowa's an ACT state.  36 is a perfect score.  A chicken pecking at random once got a 13 on the ACT.  Junior year at ISU, a chick comes to one of our parties, and things go well.  She's cute, but I was 20 and horny and not reading too deep into anything.  She was currently a freshman at a local community college.  Whatever - maybe she's frugal? She's also my brother's girlfriend's roommate's cousin (insert Ferris Bueller meme). We start chatting and planning to hook up again, and I mention it to my brother's girlfriend, who knew the chick as she always stayed with the cousin while in Ames.

Brother's GF:  Oh, Kinsey's nice.  I just didn't think she was your type....

Me:  Why not?  She's cute and seems fun.

Brother's GF:  Do you know why she goes to DMACC?  She got a 12 on the ACT.

Me:  <blank stare>

I didn't draw a lot of lines with the opposite sex in those days, but sub-poultry intelligence levels was one of them.

So how long y'all been married? Nothing wrong with marrying a dumb chick, I wish I would have. It's a lot easier pulling the wool over a dumb girls eyes than a smart one.

3 hours ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

So how long y'all been married? Nothing wrong with marrying a dumb chick, I wish I would have. It's a lot easier pulling the wool over a dumb girls eyes than a smart one.

Yeah, but then you will be stuck on Surly asking a bunch of other dumbasses what to do with your kid who scored a 740 TOTAL on the SAT. I guess you can look on the bright side and imagine your savings on college tuition. Though 'tis a bad look when your kid is voted most likely to drink fish tank cleaner.

Edited by Bevo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2