Phil/Tom v. Tiger/Peyton

smwhorn

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Couldn’t sell it as well. Manning is probably better than Curry or they are close to equal. Romo would smoke them both. Neither has the appeal of Brady vs Manning. 

Yeah, I know it had to do with the names.  

I’ve seen Curry listed as 0 to .6.  Manning is 6.  I’ll take Curry.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Couldn’t sell it as well. Manning is probably better than Curry or they are close to equal. Romo would smoke them both. Neither has the appeal of Brady vs Manning. 

Manning is definitely not better than Steph. Steph played a PGA tour event and finished ahead of a few tour regulars.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Peyton is a pretty good golfer and it shows. I have these hypothetical discussions all the time - I’ve got a buddy who’s a 3/4 that’s better than Peyton. He can shoot a 69 or an 80. Usually shoots 75/76 anywhere from the tips. Says if he played Augusta from members tees, he could shoot par. Says if it’s Masters conditions, he’s not breaking 90. Says if he’s in the tourney he wouldn’t break 120. 

I could buy Brady is an 8 if it wasn’t Tom Brady. Clearly the pressure would get to any amateur, but it should less so these celebrity QBs. It’s not getting to Peyton and if he were keeping score, he’d probably shoot an 80-85 today. 

Yeah, Peyton has settled in. He looks like a decent player. Looks like the pressure has gotten to TB, which is crazy. He is human. 

Edited by Jive Turkey

3 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Manning has said some really funny things.  I like Tiger’s dry sense of humor.

Manning is pretty funny. my guess is you don't survive with Eli and the other brother unless you have some pretty good shit talking.  

they really needed Brady with Tiger and Manning with Phil.

2 minutes ago, stone oak said:

Can anyone confirm or deny that Stephen Curry is good at golf?

Playing on an unrestricted exemption at the Web.com Tour's Ellie Mae Classic, the two-time league MVP acquitted himself well on Thursday with a four-over-par 74 at TPC Stonebrae in Hayward, Calif. Curry's performance exceeded the expectations of most observers and impressed the PGA Tour's top players competing this week in the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational.