Phil/Tom v. Tiger/Peyton

smwhorn

This kinda harkened back to those old one v one HR Derbies that we’re scored like a regular baseball game, but on a grander stage.   Lots of good trash talk and people competing to win.   Just downright fun.   

and now time to watch Chuck!

Probably mentioned. Justin Thomas seems wasted. I'm on delay at hole 15 right now. I dont rhink they have aired him in an hour.

He said he would like to see Charles Barkley's fat ass dunk today on air. Maybe not drunk but that's an odd thing to say sober.

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Probably mentioned. Justin Thomas seems wasted. I'm on delay at hole 15 right now. I dont rhink they have aired him in an hour.

He said he would like to see Charles Barkley's fat ass dunk today on air. Maybe not drunk but that's an odd thing to say sober.

If by odd you mean funny then yes, I agree

• Like 5

4 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Manning is definitely not better than Steph. Steph played a PGA tour event and finished ahead of a few tour regulars.

Curry, if he dedicated himself full time to golf, could probably at least be a mini tour guy, his hand eye is so good I wouldn’t bet against him being a journeyman PGA tour guy.

Brady is a lot better than he was being given credit for I think. Chops don’t hit flush wedges with backspin like that, and his touch with the putter was just fine. I could see him as an 8-12, no problem. 

For those that think those guys weren’t nervous that’s just not how it works. This is something completely different, that they have way less confidence in, than their other thing that made them great. 

I played at the state tournament in golf. I was obviously pretty fucking good or I wouldn’t have, but I wasn’t really really really good like some of those guys (1 teammate of mine won a pga tour tournament, another played on some mini tours, and another guy won a college tournament). 

When I teed off on the first hole and had 250 people watching me I was praying to make solid contact with the ball- I was never so happy to block one 240 yards right, a little bit into the trees. Huge sigh of relief, at least I didn’t hit the big ball first. 

Toms play, while nervy, showed some skill without a doubt. I’m probably a 12 now. I think I’d have shot 100 in that scenario. Shit, playing with Tiger and Phil would make me want to shit myself.  

Brady's swing isn't bad.  My guess is the guy just isn't playing like Peyton, who has been retired for a while.  He got it together a bit but as will most amateurs he was blocking most of the time.  Its hard to let the hands go when you are nervous.

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Brady's swing isn't bad.  My guess is the guy just isn't playing like Peyton, who has been retired for a while.  He got it together a bit but as will most amateurs he was blocking most of the time.  Its hard to let the hands go when you are nervous.

Brady’s swing isn’t bad at all. He was coming out of it big time on the front nine but hit some good shots on the back. In fact, his backswing puts him in pretty good position at the top. I think with some dedication to the game he could be a good golfer.

24 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Brady’s swing isn’t bad at all. He was coming out of it big time on the front nine but hit some good shots on the back. In fact, his backswing puts him in pretty good position at the top. I think with some dedication to the game he could be a good golfer.

Yep. And he has decent touch. 

Best I ever got was a 1.8 handicap. No reason Brady can’t be as good as I was then. 

Brady is a lot better than he was being given credit for I think. Chops don’t hit flush wedges with backspin like that, and his touch with the putter was just fine. I could see him as an 8-12, no problem. 

Bish doesn't even carry a driver. That says something about his abilities.

I think you are underselling his natural athletic talent. I’ve played with multiple tour guys growing up. Curry is ahead of where they were and young enough to get better. 
Curry is like 30 years old so if he is ahead of these tour guys they are long ago off the tour. His handicap stays around 0, that would be good enough to be about the 3rd or 4th best at my club. And that is if you take away a few kids off playing at Houston and baylor.

Turned out to be very entertaining.

On the first tee, when Phil started talking shit about how he was going to stripe it and it was all about the calves.

Go to Tiger and he says he's got to listen to this shit all day (basically) from Phil.

Chuck was great and the twitters from  the elites kept it entertaining. 

Overall, very good live sports with plenty of barbs thrown at everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markstanco said:
7 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:
I think you are underselling his natural athletic talent. I’ve played with multiple tour guys growing up. Curry is ahead of where they were and young enough to get better. 

Curry is like 30 years old so if he is ahead of these tour guys they are long ago off the tour. His handicap stays around 0, that would be good enough to be about the 3rd or 4th best at my club. And that is if you take away a few kids off playing at Houston and baylor.

You realize you responded to me saying mini tour guy, right?  And you realize I said if he dedicated himself full time to this, right?  

Thats really not a hot take man. 

What I meant is this:

30 year old curry is better than the 18 year old kids I played golf with in high school that ended up on tour 5-7 years after I knew them. They went through some physical maturity to get better, sure, but mostly the difference was top

notch coaching and totality of focus. Curry is young enough that he won’t get physically worse for 8 or 10 years. He would just need to totally dedicate himself to the craft. 

What I mean by mini tour guy is literally someone who could earn their card and be a representative player on that tour. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, markstanco said:
7 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You realize you responded to me saying mini tour guy, right?  And you realize I said if he dedicated himself full time to this, right?  

Thats really not a hot take man. 

Wow, I am not a big fan of Brady at all. At first, I was like, how does someone with an 8.1 handicap not know the simple rules for hazard play.  Then he continued to decline. Then the hole out.  The guy is freaking clutch.  Still think the right people won but when the pressure came on, Brady and Phil responded.  

7 hours ago, ss13 said:

Jesus fuck, please go back to not posting. Fucking shit. 

You are truly a miserable human being. 

Steph Curry has enough game to play mini tours, at a minimum. He’s a top level athlete with hand eye coordination better than 99.99% of the world, and in fucking around for shits and giggles he’s already good enough to go out once or twice a year and not embarrass himself against pro level talent. 

If he dedicated himself to golf with the same focus as hoops he’d get a lot better than he is now. He’s mentally tough enough to play out there because he’s already an A level super star in another sport. I know all these things because I’ve played 100 rounds, at least, in my life, with guys who ended up on the big tour, one of whom actually won a tournament. 

But by all means carry on as the single largest cunt in all of UT internet. Congratulations on getting banned for whatever it is that you got banned for. But by all means, feel free to ignore me if it bothers you that much.