Gangs of London

CooterBrown

Does look good. I prefer this kind of action to superhero action. I look forward to updates and release plans on other services.

Edited by RomaVicta
A series of tragic errors and embarrassments nearly leading to suicide, so I erased the errant shit and restarted my life as an opera singer and brain surgeon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Finally subscribed to AMC+ which is quickly becoming my favorite streaming service.

Anyway, watched the first 3 episodes tonight. This show is holy shit awesome. Whoever is their fight coordinator is a demented genius.

27 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Those fight scenes are next level

Gareth Evans, creator, was involved in the 'Raid' series.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
It's running on regular basic cable AMC on Sunday nights starting tonight.  I've set the DVR.

I wonder how much they’re going to have to cut for the censors. It’s probably the most violent tv series I’ve ever seen. It’s also my favorite in a long time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 8:01 PM, CooterBrown said:

I wonder how much they’re going to have to cut for the censors. It’s probably the most violent tv series I’ve ever seen. It’s also my favorite in a long time.

My wife and I have watched the first 3 episodes on AMC and they didn't appear to cut anything.  F-bombs and violence well beyond what I expected on AMC.   

• Hook 'Em 1

ive seen the first 4 eps on AMC.

I admit the show is pure violence on steroids,  but honestly the overall story line kinda sucks.   or at least the hyper broken 8 diff story lines not really interacting correctly kinda sucks.

Michelle Fairley has completely monopolized the "wronged embittered widow whose sons need to reclaim their power" role.  This is at least the 3rd role in the last 10 years where she plays that character, GOT, The Feed, and this

But so far, this seems to be a pretty formulaic crime family show.   not gonna post any spoilers but look up brooding, revenge seeking, never-got-daddy's-approval stereotypes and this marks all of them.  Its like they thought  "what happened to  AJ Soprano after Tony got wacked by the Members Only guy" ???   lets use that idea and toss the characters in England and run with it.

4 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

ive seen the first 4 eps on AMC.

I admit the show is pure violence on steroids,  but honestly the overall story line kinda sucks.   or at least the hyper broken 8 diff story lines not really interacting correctly kinda sucks.

Michelle Fairley has completely monopolized the "wronged embittered widow whose sons need to reclaim their power" role.  This is at least the 3rd role in the last 10 years where she plays that character, GOT, The Feed, and this

But so far, this seems to be a pretty formulaic crime family show.   not gonna post any spoilers but look up brooding, revenge seeking, never-got-daddy's-approval stereotypes and this marks all of them.  Its like they thought  "what happened to  AJ Soprano after Tony got wacked by the Members Only guy" ???   lets use that idea and toss the characters in England and run with it.

reminds me a little of Your Honor, the bryan cranston series on showtime, as far as fucked up crime family drama goes.

I've watched two episodes so far.  The two fight scenes with Elliott were pretty badass.  I'm not really buying that everyone would jump to follow the whiny son.  Seems like he would be forced out within three days.

Edited by WBT

This show is so ridiculously, stupidly awesome.  It just ramps up every episode. 

I just caught up on 3,4, and 5 off the DVR.  The assault on the pikey caravans, then the axe vs knife fight when Elliott finally met his match but got bailed out, and then the entire last 20 minutes of episode 5 - highlighted by the mom trying to lead the little boy away from the field surgery taking place on the dinner table only to walk in on the junkie son missing all the excitement while shooting heroin.  And then the final topper, the caterer is a secret assassin but gets blown away just before she can pull the trigger.

• 3 weeks later...

The violence is so comical at this point...   there have been what, 6 or 7 seperate incidents where 20+ people have been killed at one time?

Spoiler

gypsy park, Kharzkstan rebel base in Khazachstan, the investment bank, whatever the fuck the attack by the Danish special forces was, the flower shop massacre,   

I think the attempt on Shawn Wallace's life resulted in 10+ being killed, and the brawl in episode 1 or 2 where the Albanians were wiped out was another 10+ bodies.

its a fantasy show at this point.  London averages ~120 murders a year.  in 2 weeks of show time,  this show has killed at least 70 people in London alone... 

Edited by AUS-97HORN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man, I checked this out due to this thread, and this is a pretty damned good show.

Can't recall exactly which episode I last watched, but it's the one where the Viking special forces attack the house in Wales to kill the pikey shooter (and just about everyone else in that part of the country).

The whole time I'm wondering "who the fuck ARE these people" and why are they trying to take out Darren if they're also trying to take out Sean?

End of the episode at least answered who's giving them the orders and I've got a guess as to the why but we'll see.

Guessing they weren't expecting for so many members of their commando get blown to smithereens by the Travelers.  Jesus.

Anyway thanks for the recommendation.  I think the show's very well done.

• 3 months later...
On 10/25/2022 at 10:08 PM, Brothahorn said:

giphy (5).gif

Exactly my thought as I started my Season 2 binge over the last several days. But it has jumped the shark in a big way. Since season 2 has been out for a while I think it’s safe to put this in non-spoiler, but here’s the stupid shit that occurred:

1) Sean being left alive after Season 1. 
2) Lale being left alive by Asif now. 
3) Elliot not killing Sean. 
4) A character as cartoonish as Koba, yet Koba falls for being poisoned after Sean is clearly compromised with his mother stealing the shipment and he must save his brother. 
5) Marion totally bailing on her sons. 
6) Ed and Marion seemingly fine after Season 1. Didn’t Ed shoot her?  Thought she was dead. 

If this show didn’t have the foreign intrigue it’d be a really bad Sons of Anarchy, which turned really bad in the later seasons.