Blastfurnace 2020: The Forcefield strikes back

Kavinsky

Holy shit, you ain't kidding.  It's near 100 and humid as fuck (not as muggy as it was earlier this week, but still).  just in time to open Texas back up for business!  

I picked a bad week to quit showering.

Just did a quick run for Friday night beer from the corner store - maybe three minutes each direction. While it wasn't a big deal this time, wearing these masks are not going to be fun come summer when we're in full blown blastfurnace mode.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

A lot of luck you did too.  Summer ‘18 and ‘19 were downright glacial here in Central Texas.  

Yeah, but my intro to our collective misery was... “unifying”???   Kind of like game threads, gotta have the same starter 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

Jim Spencer said the average temperature in Austin has increased four degrees in the past thirty years.  

That seems...considerable.  

now just imagine if each one of those degrees were armed. just saying.

Yeah+bro+that+can+be+done+in+paint+im+ju

1 hour ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Heat island effect with the growth?

That and just good ol' climate change.

I didn't realize it got up to 97 today. Took a short virtual happy hour on the patio earlier and was sweating by the end. Thought the forecast was only like 92 or something. Looks like back down to mid 80s this weekend at least, but then straight 90s all next week. I am sure it won't let up much from there for about six months.

I am sure people will welcome the weather and at least the potential to curb the spread of coronavirus. By September I am sure I would inject myself with coronavirus to make it stop.

Godspeed everyone.

8 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

You just royally screwed us by not allowing me to restart my thread for year 3.   God help us all.  

As I recall, it was hot as balls for the last 3 years. Maybe a change of.... ah fuck who am I kidding, its gonna be hotter than a whorehouse on nickel night from now through thanksgiving 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
2 hours ago, El Diablo said:
Swampass or Rona, what's gonna kill us this year?

Swamprona

My, my, my aye-aye, whoa!

M-m-m-my Swamprona 

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

Yea I'm already a pussy with this 

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I think I’m expediting my plans to move somewhere cooler. Fuck this shit 

This maybe the summer I convince my wife to consider somewhere in New England.   “Consider” being the keyword.  

2 hours ago, XYZ said:

At least it didn’t go out in July or August, like it happened to me last year.

Yep.  I started the original Blastfurnace thread in '18 due to the AC guy having to come to my house on the morning it hit 118 in Waco.  What a shitshow  

Y'all serious, Clarks?  April weather was mostly glorious, and this weekend was nice.  Supposed to be cooler later this week.  I wish all Texas springs were this good.

I completely agree. Other than a couple of hot days here or there, it’s been pretty nice. Hell, the lows are supposed to be back in the 50’s this coming weekend. I’ll take it!

1 hour ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Yeah, I’m team “this is great weather”. Trying to soak up every minute of it because July, August, September, and the first couple of weeks of October will make me wonder why I live here.

Don’t forget June!

8 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

June can get really hot but I’m usually not beaten down yet. I feel like our summers wear you out by how long they go on more than the actual number on the thermometer. I will hate 97 in September more than 105 in June.

Yep, every year around the 20th of June you start to think that maybe this year won't be so bad.

Note: Offer void in 2011

• Like 4

6 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Y'all serious, Clarks?  April weather was mostly glorious, and this weekend was nice.  Supposed to be cooler later this week.  I wish all Texas springs were this good.

Half-an-hour ago in Austin, it was 96 with a heat index of 100.

• Haha 1