Blastfurnace 2020: The Forcefield strikes back

Kavinsky

25 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Not me, but Spencer:

Sunday and Monday’s forecast highs of 106 and 107 degrees in Austin would be the hottest temperatures we have recorded in two full years. The hottest we were last summer was 105 degrees. In July 2018, Austin’s highs reached 110 degrees.

https://www.kxan.com/weather/forecast/todays-forecast/

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

The dog gets walked at 6 am, 11 am, then 9 PM so as not to melt into the earth. 

We cut the 11am walk out because it’s too damn hot in July/August for a dog’s feet on pavement at that point.   

I walk my dog for 5+ miles every morning at around 6:30/7.   We sometimes go at night for another 1-2 miles if the wife wants to walk, which is sporadic right now since she’s 6.5 months pregnant 

51 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

We cut the 11am walk out because it’s too damn hot in July/August for a dog’s feet on pavement at that point.   

I walk my dog for 5+ miles every morning at around 6:30/7.   We sometimes go at night for another 1-2 miles if the wife wants to walk, which is sporadic right now since she’s 6.5 months pregnant 

My complex is overflowing with massive oak trees so it is easy to keep her in the shade. All the sidewalks here are shaded.

Some dip fuck who moved here from califuck, never experienced a Texas summer,  actually complained about the trees because of the birds shitting all over his precious Audi. Just wait until he sees the log I'm gonna lay on the hood.

*pics of preggo wife's fat milkers plz.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

“But it’s a dry heat”

Well......it is. Give me 13% humidity over 45% humidity any day in the summer. I don't know how you fuckers in Houston handle it. 

image.png.2e9cd22db92f125b29cb405cee3729b1.png

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 2

10 degrees above average for the 20th day in a row for the 20th year in a row.  Nope, nothing to see here.  All made in the shade.  

This is not gonna have the intended Covid-19 effect that many thought.  

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

10 degrees above average for the 20th day in a row for the 20th year in a row.  Nope, nothing to see here.  All made in the shade.  

This is not gonna have the intended Covid-19 effect that many thought.  

But we’re not 10 degrees above average right now 

At this exact moment?  No.  But we're supposed to top off at 95 on a typical July 11.  We're headed quickly towards ten degrees above that, again.  And of course, year after year we are way over the usual highs.  Which of course, drag the averages up with them.  But yeah, I get it.  Texans love it at 105 and nothing is wrong ;) 

On 7/7/2020 at 3:35 PM, Larry T. Spider said:

“But it’s a dry heat”

I flew in from Phoenix yesterday. 114 degrees. Fuck that. The “dry heat” is fucking bullshit. You stand there and the hot wind cooks your face.

I'm not complaining about summer this year. Sure a few hot days are coming up, but there was some good rain in early July and quite a few great weather days this summer. We'll see if I feel this way September 1.

What rain in early July? It’s dry AF. Haven’t seen shit here (78633) since early June. Amazing we aren’t in a burn ban.

103/112 here in my slice of NW Austin. Dog getting anxious to go for a walk because I walked him pretty early. That's gonna be about four more hours bud.

lord of the rings one does not simply walk into mordor GIF

On the plus side, tomorrow's 105 is supposed to have a slightly lower heat index because it'll a little be less humid. So there's that.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

That’s cute 

Oh ya it’s not comparable. But I’ve lost my Texas heat tolerance and a lot here don’t have AC so the increasing hot weather is a bitch.

If anyone’s been to DC or Philly in a summer heatwave can relate to how much summer fucking sucks.  

But yea you guys keep the 100+ bullshit. We were in Dallas last summer for those 105 degree days and I wanted to literally die, 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Oh ya it’s not comparable. But I’ve lost my Texas heat tolerance and a lot here don’t have AC so the increasing hot weather is a bitch.

If anyone’s been to DC or Philly in a summer heatwave can relate to how much summer fucking sucks.  

But yea you guys keep the 100+ bullshit. We were in Dallas last summer for those 105 degree days and I wanted to literally die, 

DC and Philly are fucking nightmares during a heat wave.  

living in an oven for 3 months is the very definition of insanity.  

• Like 1

I’m in sw Austin and get kids to mow from next door. I’ve been too busy working from home to do it myself this summer. I find kids to take the oak leaves a couple of times a year as well. Only problem is it usually a father forcing his kid to mow to save for college, so eventually they do go off to college so you have to find a new one. Always good workers as well since their dads are probably hard asses

19 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

That’s cute 

Was in Pa last week. Was also muggy. It sucked. Not as bad as Texas but definitely sucked.  The people up there were dying. I completely soaked on shirt on a hike that looked like I’d jumped in the lake with it. I spent an hour breaking camp at 9:00 am and it was pretty miserable. It was hot enough that we went and bought a portable trim AC for $350 at Loews. Walmart was all sold out of their portable AC’s. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Was in Pa last week. Was also muggy. It sucked. Not as bad as Texas but definitely sucked.  The people up there were dying. I completely soaked on shirt on a hike that looked like I’d jumped in the lake with it. I spent an hour breaking camp at 9:00 am and it was pretty miserable. It was hot enough that we went and bought a portable trim AC for $350 at Loews. Walmart was all sold out of their portable AC’s. 

I thought the portable trim was in the tent?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Over the past 5 years or so , I've really grown to dislike the scorching July/August weather in Texas, but god damn does this year take the cake.

At least at in the past you could catch a baseball game or a movie, or meet up with friends at a well-shaded bar with fans on blast. Weekend activity options are basically now limited to (i) sit inside house in AC, (ii) jump in pool that feels like luke-warm bath water, or (iii) die.

• Like 4