Blastfurnace 2020: The Forcefield strikes back

Kavinsky

19 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Just played 18 holes and the thermometer on the clubhouse said 108.

Is the time to play 18 holes still a discussion point? Played a twosome at LakeCliff in 2:53. Shot an 82 after double bogeying the last two fucking holes.

Yeah, have some rep.  A 3-hour round on a great course like that, with an 82 sounds like a good time.  Until I remembered you said 108 degrees.  I don't know how y'all do it.  It was the "I played under 2 hours at XYZ course" that was the source of some controversy on that thread several weeks back.  It was teetering into a simple logistical mathematics situation where people were claiming round times where even if you didn't take a single shot and just walked the 10,000 yards with a bag of clubs...you couldn't make it that fast.  But it did inspire me to get back out there once this year and see if I can break 100.  

Anyway, to more practical news.  I did two hours of yardwork this morning and holy shitballs, it's already miserable.  Good news though is at 11:00p tonight, bedtime around our house...it'll finally dip below 90 degrees.  That's normal, right?  

Any real chances of rain next week, PhDhorn, et. al.  ?

22 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, have some rep.  A 3-hour round on a great course like that, with an 82 sounds like a good time.  Until I remembered you said 108 degrees.  I don't know how y'all do it.  It was the "I played under 2 hours at XYZ course" that was the source of some controversy on that thread several weeks back.  It was teetering into a simple logistical mathematics situation where people were claiming round times where even if you didn't take a single shot and just walked the 10,000 yards with a bag of clubs...you couldn't make it that fast.  But it did inspire me to get back out there once this year and see if I can break 100.  

Anyway, to more practical news.  I did two hours of yardwork this morning and holy shitballs, it's already miserable.  Good news though is at 11:00p tonight, bedtime around our house...it'll finally dip below 90 degrees.  That's normal, right?  

Any real chances of rain next week, PhDhorn, et. al.  ?

I never said walking when we used to do all our 2:00 hour rounds. I thought it was understood that is cart golf. 

59 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I never said walking when we used to do all our 2:00 hour rounds. I thought it was understood that is cart golf. 

And I never mentioned you at all in my #352post about those golf stories of speed that you quoted.  I'm sure you have fun when you play in an expeditious manner.  I'm not trying to sound flippant gentlemen, I honestly do not have that part of my brain that remembers the name of the person who said this and the name of the person who said that.  Whether it's real names in real life or handles online, I just don't associate who said what weeks/months after the fact.  I remember Hugo's schtick and Armybrat is old because that's 10 years worth of shit, but if I brought up a single golf story and didn't mention your name at all, you can rest assure I don't remember or give fuck one about whether or not that round was walking v. cart.  Now someday...at a Wheeler tailgate...I'd like to hear about your family cross-country trip because that sounds cool since we used to have fun drinking together back in the day.  But this site is turning into women posing as Rex Kramer bringing up one old post after another and it's exhausting.  I think I'd have fun playing a round of golf with you though...you, however would probably hate it ;) 

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

And I never mentioned you at all in my #352post about those golf stories of speed that you quoted.  I'm sure you have fun when you play in an expeditious manner.  I'm not trying to sound flippant gentlemen, I honestly do not have that part of my brain that remembers the name of the person who said this and the name of the person who said that.  Whether it's real names in real life or handles online, I just don't associate who said what weeks/months after the fact.  I remember Hugo's schtick and Armybrat is old because that's 10 years worth of shit, but if I brought up a single golf story and didn't mention your name at all, you can rest assure I don't remember or give fuck one about whether or not that round was walking v. cart.  Now someday...at a Wheeler tailgate...I'd like to hear about your family cross-country trip because that sounds cool since we used to have fun drinking together back in the day.  But this site is turning into women posing as Rex Kramer bringing up one old post after another and it's exhausting.  I think I'd have fun playing a round of golf with you though...you, however would probably hate it ;) 

I didn’t mean that as in “me

personally” as there were a ton of people who said 2 hours was no problem. I more mean it collectively that anyone saying they are playing a round in 2-2:30 is playing in a cart. Or playing putt putt golf. 

I played putt-putt golf once in a cart, and it got weird.  didn't help it was a BYOB course and we stole the cart from some kids.  Man, what a strange fucking day.  We really should not have drank that much.  

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I played putt-putt golf once in a cart, and it got weird.  didn't help it was a BYOB course and we stole the cart from some kids.  Man, what a strange fucking day.  We really should not have drank that much.  

Actually that doesn’t seem surprising at all with you, I’m more impressed your post wasn’t six paragraphs 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My average post is shorter than the average post on here.  Not unlike the constant source of disappointment you call your dick.    ;) (try to remember none of this site is real, much like your wife's orgasms).  

Edited by Lobo

How does the (golf) hole take that post length?  Let alone that heat?  

This 40% chance of rain on Monday has been holding solid for almost a week.  Any you resident meatyourologists wanna chime in?  It would be most welcomed so I can know when to lay down some garlic spray in the backyard for the learning pod kids later this week? 

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

How does the (golf) hole take that post length?  Let alone that heat?  

This 40% chance of rain on Monday has been holding solid for almost a week.  Any you resident meatyourologists wanna chime in?  It would be most welcomed so I can know when to lay down some garlic spray in the backyard for the learning pod kids later this week? 

It’s gone from 50% to 20% in Hewitt.   But today has jumped to 40%....

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29x8lgs4zrkehox4dp82

I've never thought to post in here because it's Texas and water is wet, but holy shit in Dallas today. 107 with a feels like of 119 at one point.  My son and I tried to sit on our shaded porch with a fan blowing directly on us, but it was not fun after 10 minutes.

12 hours ago I checked the 10 day forecast and there wasn't a day in the next ten under 100 degrees. This morning, I check again and there is not a day in the next ten over 100. Northerly flow is welcome but apparently quite unexpected by anyone. 

It does kill the oppressive humidity of the last few days.  But I get your point. That is like only getting to see one tit.

Every hear I say this is the last August I spend in this fucking state. My youngest graduates in 2025. We are fucking out of here then. July - Columbus Day are just that bad.

7 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Death Valley with the highest temp recorded in about 100 years.  

130 degrees (but it’s the dry heat).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1236915

They're now saying that this should turn out to be the hottest verified weather-related temperature ever recorded on earth. And causing it is the same high that's been  seesawing over us and them All Summer. What an honor!

Edited by phdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, phdhorn said:

They're now saying that this should turn out to be the hottest verified weather-related temperature ever recorded on earth. And causing it is the same high that's been  seesawing over us and them All Summer. What an honor!

What are non-weather-related temperatures?

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

What are non-weather-related temperatures?

Stuff that ain't artificially induced.

Like apparently the hottest temperature ever made on Earth was 9.9 million degrees in a CERN laboratory in 2012. So that's probably officially the hottest temperature ever recorded on earth.

3 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Yeah. Satellites record higher temps on occasion up to 154 or so but they are impossible to verify.

This is actually a super interesting Wikipedia entry. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highest_temperature_recorded_on_Earth#:~:text=According to the World Meteorological,as possible problems with the

11 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Stuff that ain't artificially induced.

Like apparently the hottest temperature ever made on Earth was 9.9 million degrees in a CERN laboratory in 2012. So that's probably officially the hottest temperature ever recorded on earth.

Heat Wave Love GIF by Sexy Hair

On Sunday night, I checked my 10 day forecast here:

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/tx/austin/KTXAUSTI767?cm_ven=localwx_10day

Every day was 102 degrees or higher.

Yesterday morning I check it, and every day was 99 or lower.

Last night I checked it and every day was 101 or higher.

This morning, it is back to 99 degrees or lower for the entire 10 days.

43 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

It will be interesting to see if we hit daily 100 +degrees the rest of the month. Anyone know where they puts us on the most 100 degree day ranking?

ABIA topped out yesterday at 97 and Mabry at 98, so that streak is reset to zero as of right now. Heat Index/Feels like don't count for official records.

Obviously Texas weather can change on a dime, but the current 10 day only shows the next hundred degree day occurring a week from this Thursday.

This year we have had 35 days over 100, which is not even close to the record from 2001 of 90 days.