Texas basketball 2020-21: Not even Shaka can fuck this up...right?

Goo Punch

23 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Even though we need to make the coaching change ASAP, part of me thinks Shaka deserves to have to coach next year’s team.  

I think this is the most underrated comment on this board.  Picture this, Shakas team comes out pretty hot, with six games won by January 5, and then proceeds to go 3 and about 15 in conference play.  Some of the remaining fans have sacks over their heads, as attendance peaks at just over 2000.  At that point even the most ardent Shaka supporter would have to admit this was true Shaka all along.  

Is it worth this? I’m not wishing for this scenario to happen, 

but if Shaka doesn’t pull his head out of his ass and start looking for a different job, this total humiliation has about a 90% chance of happening, imo.   If Shakas agent were reading this board and thinking clearly, I think he could be persuaded to encourage Shaka to look elsewhere, and don’t be too picky.  Take the first decent offer that comes with a five year deal, and try to prove you have some coaching ability.  You are still young enough to spend 5 years learning how to coach, and then get another shot at the big time!

If we can see the future, why can’t shaka or his agent?

do it, do it now. 

If he gets another year it isn’t an impossibility that he could put together another half decent year. It is VERY unlikely but not impossible. There are a lot of good players in the portal. He would need to wreck shop with the transfers and then convince Jones and 1-2 of the seniors to come back.

Better to just fire him now and be done with it.

• 2 weeks later...