Texas basketball 2020-21: Not even Shaka can fuck this up...right?

Goo Punch

57 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

that Karen Hudy hire looking better and better. all of our players are jacked. that's something we've been missing since Shaka arrived, but i'll give him this- he made probably the best hire he could in that department. 

remember the first strength coach he hired that ish was laughable looking back at his tenure/workouts 

• Fuck You 1

On 11/8/2020 at 12:34 AM, Catdaddyhorn said:

Did they play at a faster pace than past years? 

yes & the 3 point shooting has vastly improved 

brock cunningham is in line to start he has been lighting it up from 3 all training camp he very well may be the best shooter on the team

& he was the best offensive rebounder in the scrimmage 

Edited by hornfromdallas
  • Fuck You 1

Another year where the analysts and metrics vastly overrate us, then halfway through the season the Pat Fordes of the world are having four minute "what's wrong with Texas?" segments on their podcasts. It's like these dudes get flashed by the Men In Black Neuralyzer every year. They treat Shaka like he's been making the Sweet 16 every year.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Another year where the analysts and metrics vastly overrate us, then halfway through the season the Pat Fordes of the world are having four minute "what's wrong with Texas?" segments on their podcasts. It's like these dudes get flashed by the Men In Black Neuralyzer every year. They treat Shaka like he's been making the Sweet 16 every year.

no not this year bruh the team is lit 

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i was in the building the last time we played Nova. fucking epic. Brad Buckman ftw. also, i've been going to Texas games my entire life and i've never seen an away crowd like the min that Nova brought from Philly. and they were rowdy as hell too. hell of an atmosphere. 

Yeah Nova brought a shitload of people to that game. Sparty and Arizona always had sizable crowds in the FEC; Wisky brought a small army in 2008(?) when they beat us the buzzer....

21 hours ago, Horny Bull said:

That photo confuses me.  Is he putting on his thinking cap?

16 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Yeah Nova brought a shitload of people to that game. Sparty and Arizona always had sizable crowds in the FEC; Wisky brought a small army in 2008(?) when they beat us the buzzer....

Who wouldn't want an excuse to get out of Philadelphia?

On 11/5/2020 at 9:36 PM, shadow_operative said:

that Karen Hudy hire looking better and better. all of our players are jacked. that's something we've been missing since Shaka arrived, but i'll give him this- he made probably the best hire he could in that department. 

Feels more like a CDC hire...

Pretend We're Football just debuted the first episode of the season for the premiere (only?) Texas basketball podcast in the market.

Welcome to 2020-21 Where the Expectations Are High But the Expectations Are Low: The guys introduce you to a loaded Texas basketball roster and help Texas fans set their expectations for Shaka Smart and the basketball season in general.

Podbean: https://hornscast.podbean.com/e/explicit-pretend-were-football-welcome-to-2020-21-where-the-expectations-are-high-but-the-expectations-are-also-low/

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hornscast/id1087725144#episodeGuid=hornscast.podbean.com%2F23797c83-e3bd-32d2-94dc-5ab80714df3d

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/7MQEBnBc9O8DsBr3zVxKaX?si=GB2sKC5SSyONmUiTAln6Uw

Android: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkLnBvZGJlYW4uY29tL2hvcm5zY2FzdC9mZWVkLnhtbA/episode/aG9ybnNjYXN0LnBvZGJlYW4uY29tLzIzNzk3YzgzLWUzYmQtMzJkMi05NGRjLTVhYjgwNzE0ZGYzZA?sa=X&ved=0CAcQuIEEahcKEwi4--vn5P3sAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAQ

Edited by OnAComputer

41f3a91112ee7c300bada971cfd10d51.jpg

yeah. it's like that. that's what our guys are supposed to look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk