Bucket List for After COVID

CHIEF

SIP gives one a lot of time to think about all the things we would love to do before we kick off, what are some things that you want to do before you die.

For me:

1. I would love to fly a P-51, which wouldn't be allowed by the owner, so a ride must suffice.

2. Drive over 200 mph in a street car on the highway. 175-180 is as fast as I've driven.

3. Hold my grandchild.

4. See another National Championship Texas football team.

5. Catch a fish that weighs at least 1000 lbs.

All I got for now. 

CHIEF

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

SIP gives one a lot of time to think about all the things we would love to do before we kick off, what are some things that you want to do before you die.

For me:

1. I would love to fly a P-51, which wouldn't be allowed by the owner, so a ride must suffice.

2. Drive over 200 mph in a street car on the highway. 175-180 is as fast as I've driven.

3. Hold my grandchild.

All I got for now. 

CHIEF

Number two is probably easier to do now than any time recently. 

No traffic and from what I can tell no cops out. 

165 is the fastest I’ve gone. Driving from Austin to Houston in my benzo coupe. God I miss that car. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xian said:

Number two is probably easier to do now than any time recently. 

No traffic and from what I can tell no cops out. 

165 is the fastest I’ve gone. Driving from Austin to Houston in my benzo coupe. God I miss that car. 

I used to be able to get from my parents house in the Woodlands (the older part in Panther Creek) to my apartment off of Reinli/Clayton in less than 2 hours if I drove at night.  I was driving an 81 Oldsmobile Delta 88 and odometer showed a top speed of 135.  I know sumbitch could hit 150-160 at least.  There are some stretches on 290 between Brenham and Austin, especially that last part between Elgin/Manor/Austin, pre-toll road, that you could really light it up.  Those were the days.

Fuck, how am I still alive?

• Like 1

Always wanted to hike Denali and Kilimanjaro and run the NYC marathon. 

in terms of right after this is over, I don’t think I want to spend an entire weekend at home for a long, long time. Even getting out to hike for at least half a day is going to feel like paradise. 

• Like 1

Ok- this is the most boring thing possible but it’s what I long for to show life is back to normal:

Go to church with the family Sunday morning, lunch at Chuys, movie afterward, and then home to relax and go to bed early so we can rest up to go to school and work the next day on Monday. 

I’m a boring person and I miss the little things. 

• Like 7

Don’t have a bucket list. Just want fucking life back.

I want to play music in bars again mostly.
That's just it. I want fucking life back.

I promise to Jesus, Buddha, Allah, whomever I'll never complain about going to work again. Just give us our lives back.

17 hours ago, CHIEF said:

For me:

3. Hold my grandchild.

All I got for now. 

CHIEF

You can do 2 and 5 now. In fact I'm trying to do #5 tomorrow.  Boy are yall gonna be surprised when I catch me a 150lb bluegill. I'm gonna need a big ass pan

15 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Are there really dudes still out there that haven’t had two chicks at the same time?  I know most of you are some fat, broke ass mother fuckers but God damn.

1 300 pound woman doesn't count as 2 , 150#er

21 hours ago, Macanudo said:

I used to be able to get from my parents house in the Woodlands (the older part in Panther Creek) to my apartment off of Reinli/Clayton in less than 2 hours if I drove at night.  I was driving an 81 Oldsmobile Delta 88 and odometer showed a top speed of 135.  I know sumbitch could hit 150-160 at least.  There are some stretches on 290 between Brenham and Austin, especially that last part between Elgin/Manor/Austin, pre-toll road, that you could really light it up.  Those were the days.

Fuck, how am I still alive?

I think we lived in one of the same apartment complexes while students, only a couple of decades apart.

45 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Talk among the family is that it is gearing towards a shit kicking rager on Lake Whitney. We own a lot of lake side property there, jet skis, motherfuckin boats, etc.

Everyone here will be invited.

IN - please make it one of the days that I'm avoiding my wife.
thanks in advance

After Covid?

I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a "recreational vehicle." And drive from state to state.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The first thing I want to do is learn how to play this keyboard I have. The reason is somewhat personal as to why I want to begin now. Once this is over I want to be able to eventually step up from that to learning how to play a Hammond B3. That will be awhile on that though. I am sure there are a few of you who know what that is as the Astros have one at their games and I hear one played every time I go to a game at Yankee Stadium.

I really want to play pickup basketball. It's really the only cardio I enjoy. I hadn't even played in a while before all this but goddamn I would love to just get on the court for a while. Even though I'd probably be sucking wind. Don't realize what you have until it's gone.

Also I don't live with my girlfriend so getting laid is pretty high on the list.