The Kominsky Method

Horn_Spanker

4 hours ago, PilotsError said:

synopsis?

Michael Douglas is Kominsky.  He's a washed-up actor who now runs his own acting school.   Alan Arkin is his longtime agent and best friend. 

They are very good together.  

About half the show revolves around his relationship with his students, the rest is banter between he and Arkin. 

I agree with OP, aging is a big part of it.   And Musso's is exactly like they show it. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Good final season. Paul Reiser character sucked but HJO character cracked me up

micheal Douglas is just superb. Kathleeen turner scAres me 

No kidding.  She was such a piece of ass back in the day.  

Started this season last night and burned through 3-4 episodes.

Sucks Arkin wasn't back.  He was the best character on the show.

Still hilarious though.  Douglas is great.

Kathleen Turner, while not as hot to begin with, went the way of Kelly McGillis

Edited by Tylerocks

Fan of the 1st 2 seasons. When I started watching episode 1 of the 3rd season, I had to google to see if Arkin had died IRL. Glad to find out he hadn't. Season 3 was worth a watch but I was put off with the focus on the daughter and Reiser's life together. Arkin's character's daughter and grandson (Osment) were great. I don't know if Osment will ever grab a leading role, but he's comedy gold as support.

Tough to watch an old Douglas and Turner onscreen together. Too bad they didn't pull in DeVito for one scene between the 3 of them

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Fan of the 1st 2 seasons. When I started watching episode 1 of the 3rd season, I had to google to see if Arkin had died IRL. Glad to find out he hadn't. Season 3 was worth a watch but I was put off with the focus on the daughter and Reiser's life together. Arkin's character's daughter and grandson (Osment) were great. I don't know if Osment will ever grab a leading role, but he's comedy gold as support.

Tough to watch an old Douglas and Turner onscreen together. Too bad they didn't pull in DeVito for one scene between the 3 of them

Spot on. I liked it and it went to fast. Turner looks hard to watch, she and Douglas were so great looking years ago. But, I have no room to talk. The sad part was how many really selfish and greedy people there were. Yet they were balanced out by a few kind and giving characters.

Edited by Brandywine

On 6/3/2021 at 1:51 PM, 4th&Five said:

Seymour's eulogy might have been my favorite part of the season.  Osment was actually pretty good.  If my dad put on a wig he'd look a lot like Turner at this point.

Every Wednesday and Sunday between 7:30 and 7:45...  Seymour is still smoke.  I'd still hit that no questions asked.

I think the turn of Arkin's daughter threw me.  She was slinging yogurt, making amends doing all the steps to get right and then the money shows up.

21 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

I was the same, but found it enjoyable. Definitely worth the six episodes to tie it up.

Watched the first couple last night.  Entertaining.  Still, Arkin would've made it a lot better.

• Hook 'Em 1