Texas Re-Opening Announced

Storm the Field

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

What percentage of surly posters haven’t been inside of a store for a month? I’d say less than 5%. And that’s being conservative. I mean rock on, but to each their own. 

Nice logical reasoning you got going on there Einstein.

Edited by JimmyJames

59 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

This needs to go in the steel shank thread.

You paid money for this?!?

GRUHorn is the second richest guy on this board after the sack, at least according to him anyway. So he can easily afford to go out to eat a burnt to the crisp steak and a hot dog if he wants to own the libs if he wants to. 

Suck it libs!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

So you’re a prepper. A gay one at that. Congrats. You’re a unicorn.

An oldie but a goodie. 

Nice steakhouse dinner tonight. A lot of boomers there.

It was a little odd with waiters wearing ties and black masks.  A little handmaids tale/eyes wide shut vibe. Probably gonna take it easy now but was a date night the wife and I needed. If you know, you know. 

F122-F776-9392-484-B-B387-512617768-C4-D

Yikes 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I'm going to make a thread about this, but I'm in Port A (ish) and drove all the way to port A from marker 102 right inside of mustang island state park beach. Absolutely mind blowing how fucked we are.

20200502_121451.jpg

Oh it was bad here. Way, way worse than I was thinking a few days ago when we found out they were opeNing the beach and hotels/rentals. It’s mid-summer level or worse crowded . If you want to grab a beer by the not crowded water or a deck let me know. Fist 2 pics were this evening and for comparisons sake the last picture was around 3 weeks ago. Hard to tell but a lot of those cars were parked 2 deep.

E356-DFC9-20-F5-4089-9-FEB-73131987-C83-
E1-B90973-3661-445-B-B664-9-B0-C709-D0-C
BDBCD0-A2-40-CF-4-F5-A-B385-468867-C1-FC

Edited by justhookit

An oldie but a goodie. 

It was a little odd with waiters wearing ties and black masks.  A little handmaids tale/eyes wide shut vibe. Probably gonna take it easy now but was a date night the wife and I needed. If you know, you know. 

F122-F776-9392-484-B-B387-512617768-C4-D.jpg

Did you google that pic from a 1983 business luncheon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Preppers have been crowing for YEARS about how they were prepared for any catastrophic apocalypse and the rest of us were sheeple with their collective heads in the sand about “the looming end of society”.

Turns out all the MREs and canned goods and pallets of ammunition couldn’t save their paranoid asses because they’re freaking out over missing a haircut and pedicure.

I guess if their fantasy apocalypse didn’t include being able to dodge fictional monsters and mad max hoardes and the ability to murder people then they just can’t handle it.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Preppers have been crowing for YEARS about how they were prepared for any catastrophic apocalypse and the rest of us were sheeple with their collective heads in the sand about “the looming end of society”.

Turns out all the MREs and canned goods and pallets of ammunition couldn’t save their paranoid asses because they’re freaking out over missing a haircut and pedicure.

I guess if their fantasy apocalypse didn’t include being able to dodge fictional monsters and mad max hoardes and the ability to murder people then they just can’t handle it.

Understand what you are trying to say but they were preparing for severe disruption in the food supply, no power, and having to defend themselves. This isn’t that.

42 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Grocery stores being open tripped up their plans of taking over the world 

10 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Grocery stores being open tripped up their plans of taking over the world 

And they aren’t freaking out over missing a haircut or pedicure. Lots of women across all economic and political spectrums are, though. I’d call it more like distraught though. I just realized I’m in CR. Y’all carry on.

Edited by justhookit
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

A lot of doctors are highly intelligent but some passionately support trump and are therefore by definition stupid. He’s probably a fake but the problem does exist.

Killing is my business... And business is good. 

29 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Understand what you are trying to say but they were preparing for severe disruption in the food supply, no power, and having to defend themselves. This isn’t that.

And if they can't even handle this without crying like bitches and waving their guns around during a pandemic there's zero chance they'll be able to handle a real breakdown. They'll be the first ones to off themselves. 

Just now, Wanker Bob said:

And if they can't even handle this without crying like bitches and waving their guns around during a pandemic there's zero chance they'll be able to handle a real breakdown. They'll be the first ones to off themselves. 

no facebook or twitter would absolutely kill them 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GRHorn said:

An oldie but a goodie. 

I don't know what's worse, that you went out and risked catching/spreading COVID for *this*, or that you thought it looked good enough to take a picture of it and post it online.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, GRHorn said:

An oldie but a goodie. 

I really wasn’t certain what I was looking at here. I’ve eaten at some questionable places in my life but I don’t think I ever had something that bad looking put in front of me. 

• Like 3

At first I thought he mentioned the being gay part to setup for making a joke about PrEP, but now I think he thought it was a backhanded putdown that only boomers care about.

Then I saw the limp dick potatoes and knew he was on hard times. 

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Bob's San Antonio  makes a GREAT martini. Great place to grab a drink 

Didn't know there was a Bob's in SA.  I think they've even cut locations in Dallas.  I only go to the OG on Lemmon.  That looks kind of underwhelming for Bobs, but I am a fan.

11 hours ago, GRHorn said:

An oldie but a goodie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/27/2020 at 2:57 PM, tantric superman said:

giphy.gif

Overall deaths are tracking in Texas at 93%, as compared to an average from 2017-2019, for the time period of 2-1 through 4-25.  Only 9 areas measured by the CDC for that time period are above 100%.  16 locations are at 89% or lower.  NYC is at 219%.

CDC Data tables:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm?fbclid=IwAR3bC8l68kMc0X8xcagMyMwS3ijD3v8PikMb7I7lTXvc_T6UHOJRq21PREU

In complete seriousness I thought that pic was a joke picture of a pile of dog shit and a hot dog. I really hope the camera had a problem with the lighting so that the colors are all off. 

I would laugh if a waiter put that in front of me.  Then I would leave paying for everything up to that point, and tip the waiter for the entire meal. I can't believe a chef would be out of work for 6 weeks and that is the one of the first dishes out of the kitchen.  "I have a great idea for tonight's special side dish, a single, glazed carrot cut to resemble a hot dog."

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Overall deaths are tracking in Texas at 93%, as compared to an average from 2017-2019, for the time period of 2-1 through 4-25.  Only 9 areas measured by the CDC for that time period are above 100%.  16 locations are at 89% or lower.  NYC is at 219%.
CDC Data tables:
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm?fbclid=IwAR3bC8l68kMc0X8xcagMyMwS3ijD3v8PikMb7I7lTXvc_T6UHOJRq21PREU

Why does it have covid deaths at 37k when I see 67k listed on the google machine?

This is a good thread making a good point.  The answer is that much more testing for both virus and antibodies is necessary to truly understand where we are at and what is the right decision moving forward.  Unfortunately, we are just closing our eyes and hoping for the best.

42 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Why does it have covid deaths at 37k when I see 67k listed on the google machine?

Because it's a "provisional" deaths update..... It will always lag by 2 weeks.  It's best to look at it's data long after the event has happened.  It's a silly use of data in the moment.

Therefore, the data shown on this page may be incomplete, and will likely not include all deaths that occurred during a given time period, especially for the more recent time periods. Death counts for earlier weeks are continually revised and may increase or decrease as new and updated death certificate data are received from the states by NCHS. COVID-19 death counts shown here may differ from other published sources, as data currently are lagged by an average of 1–2 weeks.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

This is a good thread making a good point.  The answer is that much more testing for both virus and antibodies is necessary to truly understand where we are at and what is the right decision moving forward.  Unfortunately, we are just closing our eyes and hoping for the best.

The positive test rate seems largely underreported and unremarked upon but it really can tell the story especially as testing ramps up.  Even with limited testing that was heavily biased toward people with symptoms, Texas never went over 10% positive cumulatively.  At their worst, NY and NJ were running around 40-50%.  The low positive rate is why I don't think Texas's relatively low testing rate is as big of a deal as many do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Went to Spec's yesterday and HEB today.  A trend I'm noticing is with a couple, the wife is wearing a mask but the husband is not. 

I'm just not sure what to make of this. 

Probably hasn’t seen that mouth put to use since he got married

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Probably gonna take it easy now but was a date night the wife and I needed. If you know, you know. 

I'm guessing the wife just wanted the carrot in a to go box, and was ready to split in 5 minutes. She knows. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1