Texas Re-Opening Announced

Storm the Field

53 minutes ago, tchookem said:
1 hour ago, workswithseed said:
Destroying the economy to keep everyone alive.

I don't think this is the mic drop you want it to be.

I should have put parenthesis around alive. 

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you know that's not what happened/is happening, right?

14.7% unemployment is doing great for the economy.

45 minutes ago, VRHorn said:

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of Supercuts...

Those poor unfortunate kids. I bet they would love to eat, but daddy is hitting mommy since he has no job and he's always angry cause he has no money.

21 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The Trump plan seems to be destroying the economy while killing as many as possible. 

I didn't know Trump told the old folks homes to take back its infected people.

4 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Destroying the economy to keep everyone alive.

Just stop. Stop using the phrase “the economy.” You haven’t they foggiest clue what that shit even is, let alone how it actually works. 

On 5/14/2020 at 9:27 PM, Bama Chick said:

Wow.

Using his justifiable anger at you and people like you to imply he’s a bad parent with mental illness.

Every accusation is a confession.

How do your kids feel about having you as a parent?

Not exactly dispelling the overall opinion that you’re a Trump cocksucker because you’re acting straight out of his playbook.

Trump would’ve blown Brisket up about 20 insults before I did.

On 5/14/2020 at 9:34 PM, StassneyHorn said:

F122-F776-9392-484-B-B387-512617768-C4-D

Stop, you’re making me hungry. 

• Haha 1

There are a lot of people facing severe financial distress because the economy was shut down.  Maybe the Fed's Jedi Mind trick with the stock markets is working on most folks, but there is a lot of pain coming from what's already been done.  The longer a shutdown persists, the more damage will be done.  Anyone remember when China got serious about containing the outbreak in Wuhan and locked the whole place down - welding doors shut so people couldn't leave their homes - and then Xi had a meeting where he learned that shutting all those factories meant China was taking it up the ass with no lube and ordered the factories to open and when workers arrived, they locked them in the factories and told them they could work, but not go home?  There are several considerations at play and many folks are blinded by emotions or politics or whatever and unable or unwilling to be honest about it.  I remember back in February when I saw this shit coming.

• Like 3

I'm going to go to my grave thinking that thing is a fucking hot dog. I feel like I'm in some sort of social experiment where everyone is telling me that it's a carrot to see if overwhelming peer pressure can make me truly believe that a hot dog is a carrot.

You won't fool me. That's a hot dog. it has hot dog slime on it, FFS.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I'm going to go to my grave thinking that thing is a fucking hot dog. I feel like I'm in some sort of social experiment where everyone is telling me that it's a carrot to see if overwhelming peer pressure can make me truly believe that a hot dog is a carrot.

You won't fool me. That's a hot dog. it has hot dog slime on it, FFS.

Maybe I need to apply a filter to it? It was a dark steakhouse. I’ll ask my wife to touch it up. 

Or perhaps I should leave it in all it’s glory. Still tasted great. #nofilter 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Maybe I need to apply a filter to it? It was a dark steakhouse. I’ll ask my wife to touch it up. 

Or perhaps I should leave it in all it’s glory. Still tasted great. #nofilter 

How's your wife gonna touch that up?  What you need to do is ask the chef to uncook it by about 17 minutes on each side.

And those potatoes look like something a horse sneezed.

The slimy carrot dog is somehow the most appealing thing on that plate.

Please tell me the name of the "steakhouse" that did that so I can never go there ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's fucking people buying and selling. It's literally that. 

And it can’t exist if people aren’t physically living to participate in it. It’s literally that simple, it’s not even limited to this pandemic, yet that evidently gets lost on you in these moments that you feel compelled to post such asinine drivel as “Destroying the economy to keep everyone alive.”

Just now, hpslugga said:

And it can’t exist if people aren’t physically living to participate in it. It’s literally that simple, it’s not even limited to this pandemic, yet that evidently gets lost on you in these moments that you feel compelled to post such asinine drivel as “Destroying the economy to keep everyone alive.”

Everyone is going to die? You're making it sound like that way which is false.

43 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I’ll just post this every time instead of pos rep. 

54213-C18-E706-4374-BF9-D-5244-B854-BE7-

it’s not just that the food looks bad - - real bad.  it’s that it looks like a six year old cooked and served it.  
well, that and the fact that someone posted it and thought it was something that was sure to impress.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Give me Applebee’s, and not that leftist takeout bullshit, I mean the real experience, or give me death!  - Patrick Henry 

7hj5fa0vqe831.jpg

7 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I have a constitutionalistic right to eat a blooming onion whenever and wherever I damn well please you fucking libtards. 

Colin-Kaepernick.jpg

• Like 1

No it's not, it's an opinion of how you made it sound.

Look, people can keep dunking on you and making you look like an idiot or you can stop posting...it’s up to you.

it’s completely clear that you don’t understand that nobody has currently closed the economy and that the “opening” has almost nothing to do with “big government” and has almost everything to do with consumer confidence and safety concerns. Exhibit A is Georgia, where traffic is nowhere near what you “open everything” morons would like.

You and the other idiots should be pushing for testing and contact tracing like your betters and stop whining about “killing the economy”  but you are too busy sucking Gruhorns’ carrot.

It is time for adults to speak, so your time should now be over. Go post on the DT idiot thread.

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, VRHorn said:

Look, people can keep dunking on you and making you look like an idiot or you can stop posting...it’s up to you.

it’s completely clear that you don’t understand that nobody has currently closed the economy and that the “opening” has almost nothing to do with “big government” and has almost everything to do with consumer confidence and safety concerns. Exhibit A is Georgia, where traffic is nowhere near what you “open everything” morons would like.

You and the other idiots should be pushing for testing and contact tracing like your betters and stop whining about “killing the economy”  but you are too busy sucking Gruhorns’ carrot.

It is time for adults to speak, so your time should now be over. Go post on the DT idiot thread.

It's like people who don't want to die, won't. But people one here we're screaming that beaches were open, and how Georgia was gonna die after they opened. 

After I said all that, Oregon hasn't opened up at all, but the highway has seen more traffic then last month. This is Oregon, many are good democrats like you. I doubt they they're being tracked or tested regularly, but they're all out and about. Maybe people are fucking tired of being scared inside thier home, and just don't give a fuck anymore.

2 hours ago, hpslugga said:

And it can’t exist if people aren’t physically living to participate in it. 

What do you think he means physically living?

Hell it really doesn't make sense, unless he thinks that all the young people are going to get destroyed like older people and be damaged forever. It's goddamn stupid. Since you agree with him that in turn makes you stupid.

4 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I’ll just post this every time instead of pos rep. 

54213-C18-E706-4374-BF9-D-5244-B854-BE7-

I mean this picture would be neg repped in steel shanks thread, vic’s, and jade’s chili. It appears to be something that my 11 year old self would have plated. Because it’s a TV dinner, only worse.

Edited by justhookit

5 hours ago, workswithseed said:

It's like people who don't want to die, won't. But people one here we're screaming that beaches were open, and how Georgia was gonna die after they opened. 

After I said all that, Oregon hasn't opened up at all, but the highway has seen more traffic then last month. This is Oregon, many are good democrats like you. I doubt they they're being tracked or tested regularly, but they're all out and about. Maybe people are fucking tired of being scared inside thier home, and just don't give a fuck anymore.

What do you think he means physically living?

Hell it really doesn't make sense, unless he thinks that all the young people are going to get destroyed like older people and be damaged forever. It's goddamn stupid. Since you agree with him that in turn makes you stupid.

Oh for fuck’s sake.

I made no such indication that I literally believe everyone is going to be taken by the COVID. You knew that full well, and you knew better than to post such falderal, which is why I accurately accused you of lying. When you knowingly assert as fact things that either are not evidently true, or are evidently not true, you’re fucking lying.

The point in saying that an economy can’t exist without people in it isn’t to suggest that COVID is literally going to kill everyone.

The point of that comment was that the “economy” requires human participation to exist. So does church. It’s a purely human creation. You knew that.

Since that’s the case, it can’t be “destroyed.” When you say that, you’re literally implying that “the economy” is some sort of organic entity that occurs in nature. It’s not, you know it’s not, and the only way to “destroy” it is either a) everyone dies (which again I do not think is going to literally happen here, and you knew that so stop the act) or b) to convince everyone in the world that money is worthless and that the world is a common treasure for every man.

The economy of the whole of Europe was devastated for years due to this thing called the Black Plague destroying 1/3 of the population, but it was not destroyed. 

The economy of the US was devastated for years due to this thing called the Great Depression, which turned the unemployment numbers to nearly a third, but it was not destroyed. 

The world’s collective economy will survive this if its participants aren’t reckless and stupid like you’re dying for them to be with this foolish nonsense you’re regurgitating. Shut downs and stay at home orders cannot “destroy” an economy. To believe otherwise is to reveal one’s impatience, not to mention arrogance. 

“Oh if the economy doesn’t recover in my lifetime, that means it’s destroyed!!!” 

That’s bullshit, and it’s also bullshit to imply a justification for rescinding stay home orders on grounds of, as you literally said, “maybe people are fucking tired of being scared inside thier home, and just don't give a fuck anymore.” When a 14-year old can convey the exact same sentiment in the exact same words, maybe it’s time for you to reconsider the horseshit that’s coming out of your mouth.

Again, you’re just pretending to not understand so that you can proceed to straw man the shit out of everything I said, which is about as dishonest as it gets. 

It’s either that or your reading comprehension is absolutely dreadful. 

Either way, the guy you were responding to tried to give you an out. Don’t be a moron; take it and stop projecting. You’re sitting here pretending that I’m the one that’s being the Nervous Pervis when it’s really you who’s being dramatic as shit. “Oh no Democrats are going to kill the economy with stay home orders wah wah wah!!!” Step outside of your box once in a while and you might actually learn something. 

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 4

Oregon

Not joining any argument here but Oregon had phase one opening for 31 counties yesterday.

I personally was moving, but when returning the U-haul I saw places here in Bend that were pretty jam packed with folks waiting to get in. Not much social distancing going on at some of them.

10 hours ago, bernorange said:

There are a lot of people facing severe financial distress because the economy was shut down.  Maybe the Fed's Jedi Mind trick with the stock markets is working on most folks, but there is a lot of pain coming from what's already been done.  The longer a shutdown persists, the more damage will be done. ...

The U.S. Federal Reserve warned Friday that the financial sector faces “significant” vulnerabilities due to the coronavirus pandemic, as businesses and households grapple with fragile finances for the foreseeable future.
Friday’s report noted the financial stresses that could build if the crisis persists, and households and businesses continue to be deprived of wages and revenue.

In short, no one from hedge funds to major banks to households would be immune from the risk they might default on debt, be forced to sell off assets, end up in bankruptcy, or see the value of assets dwindle.
... Fed Governor Lael Brainard ... highlighted a key worry at the central bank: that what might start as a cash crunch could spiral into something worse. Among highly indebted businesses, she said, “we will be monitoring closely for solvency stresses...which could increase the longer the Covid pandemic persists.”

Few if any parts of the economy are safe. ....

“Financial sector vulnerabilities are likely to be significant, in the near term,” the Fed said. “The strains on household and business balance sheets from the economic and financial shocks since March will likely create fragilities that last for some time.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-fed-stability/fed-warns-of-significant-financial-vulnerabilities-from-pandemic-idUSKBN22R34Y

• Like 2

Thirteen percent of  adults, representing 20 percent of  people who had been working in February, reported that they lost a job or were furloughed in March or the beginning of  April 2020 (figure 39).  These job losses were most severe among workers with lower incomes. Thirty-nine percent of  people working in February with a household income below $40,000 reported a job loss in March. Another 6 percent of  all adults had their hours reduced or took unpaid leave. Taken together, 19 percent of  all adults reported either losing a job or experiencing a reduction in work hours in March.
Sixty-four percent of  adults who reported a job loss or reduction in hours expected to be able to pay all their bills in full in April, compared to 85 percent of  those without an employment disruption.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/publications/files/2019-report-economic-well-being-us-households-202005.pdf

So where are you from?  I'm sure the locals appreciate you bringing your exposure history to town as much as you appreciate their mask wearing.
Austin. I am positive they would appreciate the fact that I've taken every precaution and had almost no exposure since mid March. All my projects have been outside and I wear mask and disinfect my shit. I pretty much had zero contact.

If they actually gave a shit about that.
They appreciate me spending my money.

It's less about the locals (including much of my family) as many of them take it more seriously due to a decent amount of cases in the county. It's more about the descending hoards of crackers from all over the state every weekend not giving two fucks about spreading and being in jammed packed everywhere.

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

Oh for fuck’s sake.

I made no such indication that I literally believe everyone is going to be taken by the COVID. You knew that full well, and you knew better than to post such falderal, which is why I accurately accused you of lying. When you knowingly assert as fact things that either are not evidently true, or are evidently not true, you’re fucking lying.

The point in saying that an economy can’t exist without people in it isn’t to suggest that COVID is literally going to kill everyone.

The point of that comment was that the “economy” requires human participation to exist. So does church. It’s a purely human creation. You knew that.

Since that’s the case, it can’t be “destroyed.” When you say that, you’re literally implying that “the economy” is some sort of organic entity that occurs in nature. It’s not, you know it’s not, and the only way to “destroy” it is either a) everyone dies (which again I do not think is going to literally happen here, and you knew that so stop the act) or b) to convince everyone in the world that money is worthless and that the world is a common treasure for every man.

The economy of the whole of Europe was devastated for years due to this thing called the Black Plague destroying 1/3 of the population, but it was not destroyed. 

The economy of the US was devastated for years due to this thing called the Great Depression, which turned the unemployment numbers to nearly a third, but it was not destroyed. 

The world’s collective economy will survive this if its participants aren’t reckless and stupid like you’re dying for them to be with this foolish nonsense you’re regurgitating. Shut downs and stay at home orders cannot “destroy” an economy. To believe otherwise is to reveal one’s impatience, not to mention arrogance. 

“Oh if the economy doesn’t recover in my lifetime, that means it’s destroyed!!!” 

That’s bullshit, and it’s also bullshit to imply a justification for rescinding stay home orders on grounds of, as you literally said, “maybe people are fucking tired of being scared inside thier home, and just don't give a fuck anymore.” When a 14-year old can convey the exact same sentiment in the exact same words, maybe it’s time for you to reconsider the horseshit that’s coming out of your mouth.

Again, you’re just pretending to not understand so that you can proceed to straw man the shit out of everything I said, which is about as dishonest as it gets. 

It’s either that or your reading comprehension is absolutely dreadful. 

Either way, the guy you were responding to tried to give you an out. Don’t be a moron; take it and stop projecting. You’re sitting here pretending that I’m the one that’s being the Nervous Pervis when it’s really you who’s being dramatic as shit. “Oh no Democrats are going to kill the economy with stay home orders wah wah wah!!!” Step outside of your box once in a while and you might actually learn something. 

I like when you say I'm lying about how you put your sentence together, you make the word "destroy," in my sentence to mean that the economy will never come back. Seems like you're no better then I.

All this started cause you didn't think I know what made an economy, and since I proved you wrong there, you're trying to throw shit at me hoping that I'll cower away. Well fuck that.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, bernorange said:

The shutdown was never supposed to last long. Just long enough to implement the necessary precautions like mandatory masks and ramp up testing while getting ready to open back up. Only our dear leader and his pack of cronies did everything possible to sabotage the potentially successful strategy by calling for protests and refusing to issue mask mandates. The virus caused a necessary hit to the economy and job market but Republicans have sabotaged the only realistic path to properly navigating it and limiting the damage. 

Since they've sabotaged it and there is no realistic way now to mitigate the damage while also not serving the vulnerable (of all ages) to the proverbial wolves it really makes no sense to take half measures. The only real option left is to go full open and try to put out fires as best as possible while taking the damage and death head on. Republican politicians and their idiot followers have done this to us. 

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Like 5

Too much is made over the “shutdown”. For the limited businesses that the govt did actually shutdown, they had already lost most of their customers because the customers decided to stop going. 

If all of the restaurants and bars had remained open and staffed, they would have shut the doors permanently by now. The govt shutdown orders actually allowed them to plan and prepare for a covid-19 world.

the reverse will occur in the reopening. Abbott cannot make people go to restaurants or hair salons. Of course some will go. But ask any restaurant owner how it will be with demand dropping only 25% much less >50%.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

All this talk of great depression got me wondering who we are going to have to bomb the shit out of to pull ourselves out of this. 

Chances that this regime bombs a foreign country to distract/pull us out of this: 50%

Chances that this regime bombs California: 80%

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

The economy is buying and selling. US got out of the depression and into WWII by proactively bombing countries we didn’t like.

Prove I’m wrong 

Well it depends on how you define depression. There isn't really a concrete definition for the term. Some use X quarters of consecutive contraction, usually four or eight. By that measure, the US was at its economic nadir right around when FDR got elected, and the economy started growing again after that point. GDP had recovered to pre-crash levels by 1937-38, though there was a smaller recession after that point. While unemployment declined significantly from its peak by the late 30s,it didn't come all the way down to full employment until the US entered the war.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Chances that this regime bombs a foreign country to distract/pull us out of this: 50%

Chances that this regime bombs California: 80%

Chances that it intends to bomb CA, but fucks it up and bombs AZ or NV, or at least the central valley full of Trumpkins: Idk but pretty high.

• Like 2