Texas Re-Opening Announced

Storm the Field

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Good god, have the beaches always been this trashy?  WTF America?  I don't want to be a part of this.

You must be an old.

FYI, I don't want to be part of that either.  And I'm spotting a significant number of Vic-class women.  

Given Abbott's attitude, I don't see why he doesn't just open everything immediately. He isn't following his own guidelines from a few weeks ago.  Which results in continued economic harm with a phased approach. And his approach is purely for optics so he has political cover if/when it goes bad.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Ladies and gentlemen ... your fellow Texans.

Holy shit - I was pretty sure that the blonde lady at 0:08 was going to finish with "and I'm rocking one leg, bro!"   

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Given Abbott's attitude, I don't see why he doesn't just open everything immediately. He isn't following his own guidelines from a few weeks ago.  Which results in continued economic harm with a phased approach. And his approach is purely for optics so he has political cover if/when it goes bad.

The illusion that they are taking a well thought out, measured approach is important to the fraud.

Talked to a physician’s assistant yesterday who works in Austin. She’s seeing a steady stream of covid cases at her practice and seemed pretty demoralized.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

The illusion that they are taking a well thought out, measured approach is important to the fraud.

Talked to a physician’s assistant yesterday who works in Austin. She’s seeing a steady stream of covid cases at her practice and seemed pretty demoralized.

You'll notice that while declaring everything should be open for business, government offices remain closed. Essential things like DPS are unavailable and will be an even bigger shit show than normal when they reopen. They need to just let everyone renew online.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 1

To be fair Go Topless Jeep weekend is an annual thing, sure our beach is trashy but it's not like that all the time.  Taking the kids down this weekend with their college friends and I've had to lecture the underage ones "no weed, no booze on the beach, leave your fake IDs and handguns (half the group is concealed carry/US Army infantry officers) at the house" because LEO will be looking for people to bust to justify their budget.

I don't want to live in an America where you can't go to the beach, get fucked up, and act like an idiot.  That's my goddamned natural right.

(except I choose sobriety and not to get the Covid, and my job is to man the BBQ pit)

Edited by BearSchlong
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

I don't want to live in an America where you can't go to the beach, get fucked up, and act like an idiot.  That's my goddamned natural right.

Oh, I've had years of experience in this.  I just don't remember it being so god damned trashy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

There's a whole lot of "not morbidly obese" Trumps in that video.

Is 98% a whole lot?  Because that’s about what it looked like to me.  I did not see a non-fat female in the video, but the other 2% is allowing for the possibility that there was one and I just missed it.

12 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

To be fair Go Topless Jeep weekend is an annual thing, sure our beach is trashy but it's not like that all the time.  Taking the kids down this weekend with their college friends and I've had to lecture the underage ones "no weed, no booze on the beach, leave your fake IDs and handguns (half the group is concealed carry/US Army infantry officers) at the house" because LEO will be looking for people to bust to justify their budget.

(except I choose sobriety and not to get the Covid, and my job is to man the BBQ pit)

Don't try to church it up 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

US Army Infantry officers are underage? New Army.

7 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

She's got big personality. . .

If you grew up in SETX....and you used to frequent the beach and get shithammered......you best just keep walking, quietly, and not cast any judgments on that young lady.  You SETX boys know of what I speak.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Ah jeez, didn’t feel well last night and couldn’t sleep. Just checked my temp and it’s at 100 😬 ugggg hopefully it’s some other kind of stomach bug. But I’m a little concerned since GI issues are a pretty common symptom. 

Did you first notice the GI issues before or after watching the Jeep Week video? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Lobo
24 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Ah jeez, didn’t feel well last night and couldn’t sleep. Just checked my temp and it’s at 100 😬 ugggg hopefully it’s some other kind of stomach bug. But I’m a little concerned since GI issues are a pretty common symptom. 

Anything else besides the GI stuff?  I keep reading mixed reports on how lower vs. upper vs. not at all, being part of the Covid-19 mix.  I've had a couple bad bouts during the last couple months.  One for sure turned out to be food poisoning, the other I'm still not sure about it.  Had no fever, in fact I was running cool at 97.6.  No real cough/sore throat or body aches, but damn if the GI flareups and some shortness of breath didn't freak me out.  And it went on for a full week, but they would't test me.  

I think it was jimmyjazz that described something that went through his family in January/early February and it sounded identical to what happened to my oldest daughter and I.  Now that we're learning we were out of our fucking minds in Texas already back in Jan/Feb, that the virus was already here.  I sometimes think we may have had it.  She and I had a persistent cough/drainage/sore throat (hers for a week, mine for two), she had a slight fever and body aches and lethargy.  And a few friends from her school were complaining of the same thing.  Obviously preschools breed all kinda shit but most of the dads there travel extensively for work. Never mind it's inside a church populated by 80 year olds that shake hands like they're gonna live forever.  

Anyway, let me know what kinda GI stuff if you don't mind getting personal.  

58 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Anything else besides the GI stuff?  I keep reading mixed reports on how lower vs. upper vs. not at all, being part of the Covid-19 mix.  I've had a couple bad bouts during the last couple months.  One for sure turned out to be food poisoning, the other I'm still not sure about it.  Had no fever, in fact I was running cool at 97.6.  No real cough/sore throat or body aches, but damn if the GI flareups and some shortness of breath didn't freak me out.  And it went on for a full week, but they would't test me.  

I think it was jimmyjazz that described something that went through his family in January/early February and it sounded identical to what happened to my oldest daughter and I.  Now that we're learning we were out of our fucking minds in Texas already back in Jan/Feb, that the virus was already here.  I sometimes think we may have had it.  She and I had a persistent cough/drainage/sore throat (hers for a week, mine for two), she had a slight fever and body aches and lethargy.  And a few friends from her school were complaining of the same thing.  Obviously preschools breed all kinda shit but most of the dads there travel extensively for work. Never mind it's inside a church populated by 80 year olds that shake hands like they're gonna live forever.  

Anyway, let me know what kinda GI stuff if you don't mind getting personal.  

I don’t mind getting a little personal, we’re all adults. I had an upset stomach yesterday with diarrhea all day and most of last night. Not like severe diarrhea, but I was in the bathroom about 10 times yesterday and last night. Today still some GI malaise but no diarrhea yet (but as I type that of course my tummy starts rumbling). I still get hungry, which I always take as a positive sign. 

Been checking my temp multiple times today, and it’s ranged from 99.3-100.3. Some very minor aches. No cough or shortness of breath. I’m hoping it’s just something I ate 🤞🏽 

• Like 1

It's a long story, but the first thing I did upon arriving in LA was to drive on the beach.

We took the Katy Freeway all the way to the sea. I turned into a wrong driveway pulling a UHaul behind my truck. I made another wrong turn onto hike and bike path running along the beach. Then I got stuck in the sand of the beach as I tried to turn around and escape the worsening fiasco.

A very inauspicious beginning to my ten years in Los Angeles.

One local dude walked up and, looking at my plates, asked, "You from Texas?"

"Nah, man. It's a Japanese truck. I just drove in from Japan."

He just walked on. 

Toto, we're not in Texas anymore.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Coming back to the beach thing - what type of respectable beach lets you drive your car on it? Lived in CA for 8 years and never saw this, and it's off limits on Lake Michigan as well. 

All Texas beaches?  Although Bolivar is in no way respectable.

I don’t mind getting a little personal, we’re all adults. I had an upset stomach yesterday with diarrhea all day and most of last night. Not like severe diarrhea, but I was in the bathroom about 10 times yesterday and last night. Today still some GI malaise but no diarrhea yet (but as I type that of course my tummy starts rumbling). I still get hungry, which I always take as a positive sign. 
Been checking my temp multiple times today, and it’s ranged from 99.3-100.3. Some very minor aches. No cough or shortness of breath. I’m hoping it’s just something I ate  

Loss of taste and/or smell? Those are official COVID/19 symptoms now.

Looks like the typical East Texas redneck thug battle at every beach.
Barbwire tats-check
Baseball cap with fishhook- check
Cargo swim trunks-check
Dip clump In jaws......check
Based on Gino Marcinelli, I'm going Jersey shore.

49 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Loss of taste and/or smell? Those are official COVID/19 symptoms now.

Nope, neither of those. Temp has held steady at 99.6 for the past couple of hours. Hoping that it continues to either keep stable or drop over the rest of the day, obvi. I’ve been trying to find what the average timeline is of someone when they first start experiencing symptoms to when they croak. Being the mild hypochondriac that I am, I’ve already decided it’s the Rona and I’ll be on a ventilator this evening. 

• Like 1