Texas Re-Opening Announced

Storm the Field

5 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

The local shithole bar had a full parking lot tonight.  I was getting takeout from the mexican place next door.

Ours have been slammed.  I like to drink in bars (alot), but going to wait it out a bit.  Don't like it when they are that damn crowded anyhow.  Even the real hole in the walls are filled.  

• Like 1

Went to Float inn in New Braunfels today cause I was in the area. Someone let their kid off the leash and let them jump in a big ass puddle next to me three times and was in a spot it kept hitting me in the eye over a 5 minute period. Told the kid to stop, and apparently that set off alarms to the people around me I was” yelling” at a kid.

“Why come to the river if youre gonna yell about getting wet? “

No fat bitch, I’m yelling cause for the last 5 minutes this kids parents have been delinquent and letting them do whatever the fuck they want. When I did that as a kid, I got my fucking ass whooped and I didn’t repeat it. Your fat fucking ass is not their parent, and doesn’t need to talk shit to me with your tatted up, trashy fat ass getting fingerbanged in the water.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Went to Float inn in New Braunfels today cause I was in the area. Someone let their kid off the leash and let them jump in a big ass puddle next to me three times and was in a spot it kept hitting me in the eye over a 5 minute period. Told the kid to stop, and apparently that set off alarms to the people around me I was” yelling” at a kid.

No fat bitch, I’m yelling cause for the last 5 minutes this kids parents have been delinquent and letting them do whatever the fuck they want. When I did that as a kid, I got my fucking ass whooped and I didn’t repeat it. Your fat fucking ass is not their parent, and doesn’t need to talk shit to me with your tatted up, trashy fat ass getting fingerbanged in the water.

Well first off, move away from where that was happening? And they have a pretty fucking good point. As to the rest I agree about general parenting skills but I’m not sure why it would fit on this thread. You sound like an asshole.

1 minute ago, justhookit said:

Well first off, move away from where that was happening? And they have a pretty fucking good point. As to the rest I agree about general parenting skills but I’m not sure why it would fit on this thread. You sound like an asshole.

Well it reopened today so yea that’s why I put it here. In a reopening thread.

could I have moved? Yea. I was in the water next to the curb standing on top of jagged rocks with no shoes. Could they have moved? Yea.

TLDR, suck my dick

18 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Well it reopened today so yea that’s why I put it here. In a reopening thread.

could I have moved? Yea. I was in the water next to the curb standing on top of jagged rocks with no shoes. Could they have moved? Yea.

TLDR, suck my dick

In five minutes you couldn’t move? I’m sorry you went to the river with no shoes and you are too lazy to actually do anything about your situation. You put yourself there, figure it out.

• Like 3

Seriously, this is the version of fuck these assholes they are crowding up my river/lake/beach and I don’t like it but it’s fine for me to be there. We are a country of assholes and idiots. Do what you gotta do but don’t complain when other people aren’t meeting your expectations of social distancing. You put yourself there. You could have stayed home. You should have stayed home. But just like you nobody listens to what should be done. It’s their fault. Fuck off with your sob story.

or, again if you are just trying to complain about unruly kids and their bad parents - something that has bothered me forever - I’m not sure why this has anything to do with Texas reopening. Clue me in.

Edited by justhookit

5 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

5 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Can't really shoulder check children because of their size but you can throw a hip into them.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, justhookit said:

Seriously, this is the version of fuck these assholes they are crowding up my river/lake/beach and I don’t like it but it’s fine for me to be there. We are a country of assholes and idiots. Do what you gotta do but don’t complain when other people aren’t meeting your expectations of social distancing. You put yourself there. You could have stayed home. You should have stayed home. But just like you nobody listens to what should be done. It’s their fault. Fuck off with your sob story.

or, again if you are just trying to complain about unruly kids and their bad parents - something that has bothered me forever - I’m not sure why this has anything to do with Texas reopening. Clue me in.

No, not really. You’re projecting quite a bit. I clearly don’t care about the physical distancing part or I wouldn’t have gone to the river on MDW. Not a sob story to sarcastically report on the river and the bars reopening on what is historically its busiest weekend. Pretend like you’ve been on this site before.

Edited by StassneyHorn

My neighbor's kid drives for doordash for spending cash and last night I was out front talking to his dad for a minute when he drove up and walked up to us exasperated. The dad asked what happened and the kid said he wasn't going to do any more for the night because he kept getting orders at chains and every one he went to was full of people waiting outside with no masks and no distance. Before there would never be anyone outside and you'd just call and they'd bring the order to your car. 

I was intrigued so I drove down the street to Watters Creek shopping center which in normal times is packed full but lately has been a ghost town. It looked just as it would have on a May Friday night in 2019. Looks like my theory that after a reopen people would at first feel a little distance is necessary then quickly fall back into old habits once they see social media posts of their friends/relatives/colleagues doing it may have even been too optimistic. If what I heard and saw last night is indicative of the state as a whole we switched on a massive change this week. 

4 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

My neighbor's kid drives for doordash for spending cash and last night I was out front talking to his dad for a minute when he drove up and walked up to us exasperated. The dad asked what happened and the kid said he wasn't going to do any more for the night because he kept getting orders at chains and every one he went to was full of people waiting outside with no masks and no distance. Before there would never be anyone outside and you'd just call and they'd bring the order to your car. 

I was intrigued so I drove down the street to Watters Creek shopping center which in normal times is packed full but lately has been a ghost town. It looked just as it would have on a May Friday night in 2019. Looks like my theory that after a reopen people would at first feel a little distance is necessary then quickly fall back into old habits once they see social media posts of their friends/relatives/colleagues doing it may have even been too optimistic. If what I heard and saw last night is indicative of the state as a whole we switched on a massive change this week. 

yeah you could see the changes here in Allen the last few weeks with places starting to get busy again. There was a line to get into tj maxx two weeks ago when they first opened so out of curiosity I drove by last weekend and yep still a line. Masks being worn by some but definitely not all. I drove through waters crossing about a month ago and there were only a handful of people on that lawn area that’s normally packed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

No, not really. You’re projecting quite a bit. I clearly don’t care about the physical distancing part or I wouldn’t have gone to the river on MDW. Not a sob story to sarcastically report on the river and the bars reopening on what is historically its busiest weekend. Pretend like you’ve been on this site before.

wear a mask and practice social distancing idiot. 

Guest Lobo
29 minutes ago, texas08 said:

really really curios, what would make one stand in line to get inside a tj maxx...

the savings!!!!!

I really like that store but I can't imagine making that my first post-lockdown visit.  Basically the same thing as Chili's.  Nothing wrong with either outlet, just bizarre that's your preference after being homebound.  

Took a walk up and down Magnolia Ave. here in Ft. Worth yesterday evening. Magnolia is a cool area but has always been pretty dead. Yeah some folks here and there waking around going to restaurants or bars around. Yesterday there were a ton of people out and about. On the one hand it was nice to see people out and about, but on the other hand it amuses me that none of these people ever frequented these places before pre-covid. We had thought about stopping at this new bar and having a drink in their outdoor space. But it was SLAMMED when we walked by and said “no thanks”. 

• Fuck You 1

Went to pick up some Thai take-out yesterday on Cedar Springs in Dallas. Tons of people out, not one with a mask on besides me and the restaurant employees. Patio at Cafe Brazil was slammed. I got crazy looks too presumably for wearing a mask(or just getting checked out by the Gheys). Guards got let down too quickly. This Won’t end well.

1 hour ago, Stunns38 said:

Went to pick up some Thai take-out yesterday on Cedar Springs in Dallas. Tons of people out, not one with a mask on besides me and the restaurant employees. Patio at Cafe Brazil was slammed. I got crazy looks too presumably for wearing a mask(or just getting checked out by the Gheys). Guards got let down too quickly. This Won’t end well.

I've been out and about in Austin a bit more this this week than normal. But still wearing a mask whenever I enter a building. I would say the majority of people I see are doing the same. Many wearing masks when they're outside. I don't even do that. Usually take it off once outside and away from other people. Austin *might* be fine in all of this.

6 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

I wear a mask and have a bandana in my car when I make trips to HEB.

You want me to wear a mask in the water? Get real.

Complaining about social distancing while leaving your house for an entirely non-essential trip. 

5 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Hey Brisket, has what you've seen so far brought you down to my level of "lack of faith" in Texans yet? I'm wondering if I gave Texans too much credit by even saying the majority will last a weekend before being pulled out by peer/social media pressure. 

All for a virus that in 2 months the has killed over 30 percent of the number of Texans that died in WW1. And has probably only infected 5-10 percent of the state yet.

Land of the brainwashed and too stupid to be cautious during the "1st quarter" of a pandemic

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Complaining about social distancing while leaving your house for an entirely non-essential trip. 

Where did I complain about social distancing protocol? Nowhere. I complained about shitty parents letting kids run wild. Was also already in New Braunfels for school that day. Some of you need to recognize a drunk post at midnight and have a good MDW.

8 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Took a walk up and down Magnolia Ave. here in Ft. Worth yesterday evening. Magnolia is a cool area but has always been pretty dead. Yeah some folks here and there waking around going to restaurants or bars around. Yesterday there were a ton of people out and about. On the one hand it was nice to see people out and about, but on the other hand it amuses me that none of these people ever frequented these places before pre-covid. We had thought about stopping at this new bar and having a drink in their outdoor space. But it was SLAMMED when we walked by and said “no thanks”. 

I googled that stretch and man it has really changed down there.   Used to be a wonderful old school pharmacy at the southwest corner of Hemphill and Magnolia.   Couple by the name of Hamra ran it.  Modern Drug.   I see Paris Coffee is still there.  Excellent.  But so many new little bars and eateries.  Certainly has been gentrified.  Ah well, thanks for reminding me of that great little part of Ft Worth.

I've been out and about in Austin a bit more this this week than normal. But still wearing a mask whenever I enter a building. I would say the majority of people I see are doing the same. Many wearing masks when they're outside. I don't even do that. Usually take it off once outside and away from other people. Austin *might* be fine in all of this.
You can predict that Austin will generally be better than the rest of TX with regards to masks, distancing, etc. Still, over the summer we'll see people discontinue here too.

something has changed. i saw multiple people at slaughter manchaca heb without masks yesterday. it was no particular generation, some youngs some olds. something felt different. i think we are in for a second wave. 
Nothing's changed. People are lazy. Wearing a mask is one of the simplest things people can do to help eliminate the virus, yet here we are. There will be a second wave, if we're lucky it will prey upon the stupid and wear itself out.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

something has changed. i saw multiple people at slaughter manchaca heb without masks yesterday. it was no particular generation, some youngs some olds. something felt different. i think we are in for a second wave. 

Isn't it required by state law to wear masks inside places with food?

On 5/23/2020 at 1:56 AM, StassneyHorn said:

"I stand up for my kids" has easily surpassed "I properly raise my kids" as a priority.

One of the earlier manifestations of Idiot World. You saw it in the schools decades ago. Little Johnny got a D in Conduct because he picks on girls and won't be quiet. HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE JOHNNY OF BEING BAD AND GIVING HIM A BAD GRADE!

Idiot World begets idiots. Even idiots can understand that.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

"I stand up for my kids" has easily surpassed "I properly raise my kids" as a priority.

One of the earlier manifestations of Idiot World. You saw it in the schools decades ago. Little Johnny got a D in Conduct because he picks on girls and won't be quiet. HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE JOHNNY OF BEING BAD AND GIVING HIM A BAD GRADE!

I call those the “Boys Will Be Boys” parents.

23 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

That’s because the virus will disappear when it gets hotter, like a miracle.  At least that is what I was told.

This brings up the biggest problem with lack of leadership and downright dishonesty from the top. Nobody can be sure of what is safe and what isn't. 

I'm inclined to believe that the covids don't live long in sunny, warm air. I suppose that the dangerous droplets quickly dissipate in these conditions. In cooler, less sunny conditions, the droplets with covids float around in a dangerous state much longer. This is why, even in summer, indoor areas would possibly retain a cloud of active, viral covids. Thus, I'm less worried outdoors on a sunny day, yet I do maintain distance in case someone is breathing or coughing out droplets that could survive long enough to get to me.

First, I'd be delighted if a scientist confirmed or dismissed what I wrote above. I'm just piecing shit together.

Second, I shouldn't have to be piecing shit together. The people on the beaches, in the bars, and swarming the Redneck Riviera have been horribly ill served by the people they elect to look out for them. They've heard varying stories and explanations from a range of political rather than scientific sources.

I've never been big on crowding in with a bunch of other people in a horrifically loud place to hoot and proclaim what a great time I'm having. I'll admit that I am scornful of that behavior whether in plague times or not. It's undemocratic of me. 

The point is that it's just human behavior to see what you're looking for (confirmation bias but I refuse to let Dunning and Krueger slap their name on something observed for so long). Partiers want to see a reason to party. They want to believe it's low risk beyond tumbling head first off a high patio or finding the woman you took to the wrong hotel room is actually a dude. 

They've been failed. A unified, reliable message would quite likely, IMHO, have deterred many of these people. I'm reluctant to call them idiots for venturing out under these circumstances. They're likely idiots for other reasons, but that opinion likely says more about me than it does about them.

I need to be more tolerant of yahoos. The yahoos need better information from official sources. (Allow that to serve as the tl;dr version of this post, my friends.)

• Like 3

15 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Where did I complain about social distancing protocol? Nowhere. I complained about shitty parents letting kids run wild. Was also already in New Braunfels for school that day. Some of you need to recognize a drunk post at midnight and have a good MDW.

What you want to see:

Well-behaved-child.jpg

What you need to get:

Picture+5.png

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
37 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

In the several years leading up to our first child, we got lots of advice from lots of stupid people on parenting.  But a handful of them have proved useful and this is one of them...

There are two kinds of parents nowadays, those that called into a parent-teacher conference and think "What did my cranky kid do to that nice lady?" and then there's the "How dare this school accuse our little angel of something?  This is an outrage!"  

52 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I used to give out "Satisfactory" as my standard conduct grade and gave "Excellent" to the kids who truly were model students. Then the district said we had to justify every conduct grade below "Excellent." From then on, I just gave every student an "Excellent."

basically, we are just headed for an 'every man for himself' approach.

if you're lucky you live somewhere where the majority of people realize covid didn't magically disappear and it's best for everyone if you still take reasonable precautions. i am happy to live in Austin right now. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This brings up the biggest problem with lack of leadership and downright dishonesty from the top. Nobody can be sure of what is safe and what isn't. 

I'm inclined to believe that the covids don't live long in sunny, warm air. I suppose that the dangerous droplets quickly dissipate in these conditions. In cooler, less sunny conditions, the droplets with covids float around in a dangerous state much longer. This is why, even in summer, indoor areas would possibly retain a cloud of active, viral covids. Thus, I'm less worried outdoors on a sunny day, yet I do maintain distance in case someone is breathing or coughing out droplets that could survive long enough to get to me.

First, I'd be delighted if a scientist confirmed or dismissed what I wrote above. I'm just piecing shit together.

Second, I shouldn't have to be piecing shit together. The people on the beaches, in the bars, and swarming the Redneck Riviera have been horribly ill served by the people they elect to look out for them. They've heard varying stories and explanations from a range of political rather than scientific sources.

I've never been big on crowding in with a bunch of other people in a horrifically loud place to hoot and proclaim what a great time I'm having. I'll admit that I am scornful of that behavior whether in plague times or not. It's undemocratic of me. 

The point is that it's just human behavior to see what you're looking for (confirmation bias but I refuse to let Dunning and Krueger slap their name on something observed for so long). Partiers want to see a reason to party. They want to believe it's low risk beyond tumbling head first off a high patio or finding the woman you took to the wrong hotel room is actually a dude. 

They've been failed. A unified, reliable message would quite likely, IMHO, have deterred many of these people. I'm reluctant to call them idiots for venturing out under these circumstances. They're likely idiots for other reasons, but that opinion likely says more about me than it does about them.

I need to be more tolerant of yahoos. The yahoos need better information from official sources. (Allow that to serve as the tl;dr version of this post, my friends.)

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them?fbclid=IwAR18pd1gzZQB-MtBtulr3Pgu28Y0eF1xThqelwpuD7EoJEFq41jDZAl_QoI

Anyting indoor with recirculated air systems we'll make the six foot boundary moot because it can infect at a high percentage anyone that's down wind of the circulated air patterns from an infected even if asymptomatic and just breathing. The volume of air in the place plus the number of people plus the duration of time spent in the place directly correlates to the risk of infection. Lower air volume, more people, longer time = higher infection rates. 

Outdoors it seems more like as long as people aren't right in your face or you're not touching your face the risk should be pretty low. 

it's insane this information hasn't gotten out to everybody by now as this isn't something new. Science has known how respiratory illnesses travel for a very long time now. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, mchookem said:

basically, we are just headed for an 'every man for himself' approach.

if you're lucky you live somewhere where the majority of people realize covid didn't magically disappear and it's best for everyone if you still take reasonable precautions. i am happy to live in Austin right now. 

Yep. The government has made it clear that we’re going for herd immunity without actually saying it. We may get lucky and have a vaccine in the next year but we shouldn’t count on it. 

23 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them?fbclid=IwAR18pd1gzZQB-MtBtulr3Pgu28Y0eF1xThqelwpuD7EoJEFq41jDZAl_QoI

Anyting indoor with recirculated air systems we'll make the six foot boundary moot because it can infect at a high percentage anyone that's down wind of the circulated air patterns from an infected even if asymptomatic and just breathing. The volume of air in the place plus the number of people plus the duration of time spent in the place directly correlates to the risk of infection. Lower air volume, more people, longer time = higher infection rates. 

Outdoors it seems more like as long as people aren't right in your face or you're not touching your face the risk should be pretty low. 

it's insane this information hasn't gotten out to everybody by now as this isn't something new. Science has known how respiratory illnesses travel for a very long time now. 

Thanks.

It's out there, but it's being muddled, intentionally muddled, by villains.

Edit: I've actually got my lazy ass to read this link. It's great. Thanks again!

Edited by RomaVicta

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

What @Wanker Bob says plus IMO a traditional school year means that the little germ meisters are no longer confined for 8+ hours in the little boxes and bringing things home to errybody. It isn't limited to a school, but like dorms and nursing homes, classrooms are not the airy open windowed places of yore and if your children attend a rapid growth district then they may be in portables which are also cramped and have a door that is touched by everyone coming and going.

Sorry for the derail, but I am scarred forever by the great gastro bug of '09. The number of family members that ended up sleeping (in turn) by the toilet will live in family infamy.

9 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Yep. The government has made it clear that we’re going for herd immunity without actually saying it. We may get lucky and have a vaccine in the next year but we shouldn’t count on it. 

It's pretty sad because the folks that push for that don't seem to understand just how many people have to contract the virus in order to achieve this. I hope those folks volunteer since they are so gung ho.

• Like 1