Texas Re-Opening Announced

Storm the Field

4 hours ago, crash_davis said:

I spent the glorious weekend on the Frio. Nary a mask in sight. No social distancing. No fucks given by anyone. My daughter mentioned to one of her friends about the lack of social distancing on the bus to take tubers to the drop off site, one lady reponds, "what, that fake virus bullshit?" 

Talking to people from Dallas, Houston and many places from Texas, it sounds like Austin is the only place in the state that takes this shit seriously. The rest of the state seems like they couldn't give a fuck.

Which leads me to the question, why the fuck are we going through the motions when no one in the state seems to give a shit. All those assholes will also soon visit Austin this summer. At this point, we're just whistling past the graveyard.

Went to the Frio on Saturday. We didn't wear masks on the river but wore them everywhere else and my gf and I kept away from ppl. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be on Saturday and we had 20-30 minutes stretches of seeing no one. We did pass alot of people partying on the banks early on and at the end but there weren't giving a fuck but it wasn't as bad as I thought. We live in Dallas and people here definitely are taking it serious. 

13 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I'm waiting for Alabama or Oklahoma to have an undefeated season going into late November and then having an outbreak that sidelines half of their team.

Oklahoma would get wiped out. You know Saban has intentionally dosed his own players and staff with a mild case already, so they can overcome it and execute the plan. It's a Process.

31 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Actually there have been zero deaths and the only reason we have 100k deaths is that hospitals are just coding all deaths as COVID 19 because they get more money for that or something.  At least that's what I've seen some bigbrained geniuses saying elsewhere.  

You are a sheeple if you believe anybody died from anything. They are kidnapping hospital patients, saying they are dead, and giving their families the lifeless mindless dead clone body (they've got a mindless clone for each of us already, please open your eyes) and once they leave they take the "dead" actual patient, who is merely in a coma, and send them to Egypt strapped in a plane full of similar cases (see, this is why they had to EMPTY OUT THE AIRPORTS) where they put them inside the King's Chamber of the Great Pyramid, and afterwards they are never seen again.

Where do they go? People think they see more stars now because "pollution" is down. OR COULD IT BE THERE ARE MORE STARS NOW.

>Fwd>Fwd>Fwd

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, royiv said:

Was going to say the same thing. Central Houston where I live everyone is wearing masks. Friends that live in Spring Branch or further out bitch that no one is.

In The Woodlands and Conroe the mask wearing rate is about 15-20%.

People visit Austin because their hometowns suck. Most hotels are booked to capacity on most summer weekends, no events or concerts needed. That shit will happen again this summer. They'll go to bars, they'll got to restaurants, they'll hang out with other locals. Shit will get spread here regardless of how well we try to protect ourselves. At this point, I'm with the fuck it crowd. No sense for us to be diligent when 90% of the rest of the state are doing their damndest to spread the shit. We can't build a wall.
The white walkers and the army of the dead are coming.

Or we can hope that our behavior keeps rates low around here long enough for everyone else to notice that wearing masks is actually a good idea. I’m still of the belief that all this “but muh freedom” stuff will pass once numbers start to spike again. Those fucks don’t give a shit about anything until it affects them personally.

58 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Went to the Frio on Saturday. We didn't wear masks on the river but wore them everywhere else and my gf and I kept away from ppl. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be on Saturday and we had 20-30 minutes stretches of seeing no one. We did pass alot of people partying on the banks early on and at the end but there weren't giving a fuck but it wasn't as bad as I thought. We live in Dallas and people here definitely are taking it serious. 

We stayed at Neal's. It was fucking crowded as hell and no one had on mask or social distanced. Tons of people parked at Neal's to ride the bus and took out at Neal's. All the cabins and campsites were booked. It was a normal summer day. If you didn't know otherwise, you would've never known there was a pandemic.

On Friday on the way there we ate at DQ in Castroville. The girls taking orders had on a mask. 2 of the 3 dudes cooking off had masks, 66% isn't bad. The customer line was about 10 people deep. No one in line had mask. My kids and friends had masks. Saw 5 elderly people who should be wearing mask but weren't. I told my kids and their friends that that would probably be the last time they saw mask all weekend. That ended up being true. Checking in at Neal's was a clusterfuck of people without mask. The Frio Dry Fifty store was also packed with people w/out mask. 

We used the place next to Neals but only for tubing. Didn't stay or visit anything in town other than stripes up the road to get ice, beer and gas. No one in there but the clerk wore masks. My first time going and I will say that place is beautiful

On 5/21/2020 at 8:25 PM, Planet Houston said:

My kids’ preschool is fully open for “camp” in the month of June. Surely I’m not the only one that thinks this is crazy, right?

They are requiring temperature checks, masks while indoors and keeping the classes small...but still. No way to enforce social distancing with a bunch of 3-5 year olds.

Surely (surly) this is bad news waiting to happen...right??? 

The summer camp (horse back riding, camping out, "western theme" crap) my kid normally goes to for two weeks in June is open for business (they cancelled the first June session, second June session and July sessions are open). Most of the kids that go are from either the Dallas or Houston greater metro areas. No way in hell is she going to attend this year. She really wants to go, and I feel bad for her, but it ain't happening.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 9:46 AM, tx 3 putt said:

im a big hs sports guy, i love going to the big games. no hs football this fall would hit harder than no college fb. fuck 

I feel like, where I live, they could have bodies piling up in the streets and clogging the sewers, and they still wouldn't cancel friday night lights.

17 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Has this been posted? Because YIKES

That is a bold strategy to take in the city of Austin. Not sure who's idea this was but it seems like a bad one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

The replies to that tweet indicate their social media strategy is not being.....well received.

The cherry on top of that turd was the use of Lance saying fuck you in the video. The tweet itself was going to cause backlash but adding someone who is a pariah in Austin was peak bad idea.

Hard to generalize how people in Dallas or Houston are handling this. Both city areas are the size of small states. I live in Central Houston and see most people wearing masks in the stores. I would assume Cypress is the opposite.

Pretty sure I saw Dr. Beeper in Central Market near University Park today without a mask dipping into a paper cup.

The cherry on top of that turd was the use of Lance saying fuck you in the video. The tweet itself was going to cause backlash but adding someone who is a pariah in Austin was peak bad idea.

Did a certain local grifter/rhino get control of the account?

17 hours ago, F250 said:

I was at HEB last week in the canned aisle, I needed to restock on tuna and sardines. This old man was standing in the way without a mask and inspecting the potted meat. Dude would pick up a can read the label and put it back then get another. I kept my distance as I impatiently waited for him to finish up.

He let out a giant ACHOO!!!! The kind where you can see the droplets spray out and they did spray all over the cans on the shelves. Then he starts coughing like he is hacking up a lung.

Everyone else in the aisle reacted like this.

run away GIF

Fuck that noise, I would have told a store worker so they could enforce their mask policy and disinfect the aisle of all the idiocy

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Some bar on east 6th was apparently packed this weekend and got reported to TABC (?), but just got a “warning”. 

Abbott has completely undercut every County and City.  They can't enforce anything related to a shutdown if their local sheriff or police departments don't have the authority to do it.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Abbott has completely undercut every County and City.  They can't enforce anything related to a shutdown if their local sheriff or police departments don't have the authority to do it.

Being low to the ground is definitely an advantage when it comes to undercutting, but not sure if the wheels hurt him in the leverage department.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Whoopsie! 

while it was a bit of a misstep, i reckon the vy steakhouse tweet highlights the differences in leadership approaches on all levels of government, and how they are not at all consistent. you have the mayor saying x, you have the governor saying y, and you have the president saying potato.

it is not at all clear what we should do to mitigate this disaster.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Being low to the ground is definitely an advantage when it comes to undercutting, but not sure if the wheels hurt him in the leverage department.

Definitely an advantage, especially if pulled by horses. Really, the only defense is to lower shields and form a phalanx.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

while it was a bit of a misstep, i reckon the vy steakhouse tweet highlights the differences in leadership approaches on all levels of government, and how they are not at all consistent. you have the mayor saying x, you have the governor saying y, and you have the president saying potato.

it is not at all clear what we should do to mitigate this disaster.

This has been and will continue to be a problem. I listen to the local San Antonio briefings by the county judge and mayor and those have been confusing lately because of Abbott. So much time is spent addressing Abbott's orders and how they impact local rules its hard to understand the local rules. Fucking shit show.

Abbott should be wheeled in front of a bus for intentionally causing uncertainty regarding health guidelines during a pandemic.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Some bar on east 6th was apparently packed this weekend and got reported to TABC (?), but just got a “warning”. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dallas.eater.com/platform/amp/2020/5/26/21270167/dallas-deep-ellum-photos-reopening-weekend-packed-crowded-despite-covid-19

Here's some pics of Deep Ellum that show, as easily predicted, they're in no way adhering to the 25 Percent guidelines and Abbott is not enforcing the restrictions at all. If there's a legit way to look at hospital and ICU capacity outside of republican control then we may get to see just how bad this can get during the summer in the next several weeks. 

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Where do I primarily live and work, and where is our COVID hospital? Central Austin/downtown. Y'all know the one. I was given two choices for my employer-provided drive-through testing: northwest Austin, past Braker on 183 or Kyle. The closest site to me for my test through CoA was around St. John's. 

I got my first test result back yesterday afternoon: negative. I have to have another negative test in order to return to work, and I'm expecting the results by Friday. Feeling much better, without a temp for a couple of days now. Though to be perfectly honest, with hindsight and the knowledge of my progression of symptoms, I wish it would have been positive so I could have at least had a somewhat optimistic view of future immunity. Instead it's back to rolling the dice every night.

• Like 6

On 5/27/2020 at 11:35 AM, Wanker Bob said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dallas.eater.com/platform/amp/2020/5/26/21270167/dallas-deep-ellum-photos-reopening-weekend-packed-crowded-despite-covid-19

Here's some pics of Deep Ellum that show, as easily predicted, they're in no way adhering to the 25 Percent guidelines and Abbott is not enforcing the restrictions at all. If there's a legit way to look at hospital and ICU capacity outside of republican control then we may get to see just how bad this can get during the summer in the next several weeks. 

I think I’ll keep staying at home if this is what I get to see going out lol.

spacer.png