Texas Re-Opening Announced

Storm the Field

7 hours ago, BradInATX said:

while everyone in Texas was sitting at home watching Netflix.

To be fair Dallas and Harris county shut down bars 3/16, Austin on 3/17 (but at noon it looks like it not at midnight) and the rest of the state followed by end of week. 

We weren’t that far in front of having it and in Dallas at least the big celebration was the weekend before and people definitely went out for that. 

But I agree FTS.

26 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

48 new hospitalizations in Austin today which is an oddly ho-hum number considering last Monday had 21. 

4 new deaths. Could be an indication of what is coming in the next month. Texas GOPers were so fucking stupid for bragging on the lack of deaths as new cases began to surge.

I'm not a rocket surgeon but I think 20 is higher than 18
louisiana2.jpg

No, you aren’t. You said La was wide open on St Paddy’s Day. I explained that we were not. Rather than accept the fact you were wrong, you now moved the goalposts to two texts of folks with plastic bar cups. Which has something to say about people - and maybe bar owners who violate the law on a particular day - but nothing about your claim that the Gov of Louisiana was not doing anything and letting it be wide open. He did, it was not.

You had over 6K new cases yesterday and La had less than 1, and you claim victory on cases per million?? Are you an Aggie?? There is no victory with this fucking virus. If you want to win, then you have my blessing to put up a banner.

But we were officially closed on St. Paddy’s Day. If you are in Austin, stay safe in any event. And I mean it. Tell idiots to wear masks.
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

No, you aren’t. You said La was wide open on St Paddy’s Day. I explained that we were not. Rather than accept the fact you were wrong, you now moved the goalposts to two texts of folks with plastic bar cups. Which has something to say about people - and maybe bar owners who violate the law on a particular day - but nothing about your claim that the Gov of Louisiana was not doing anything and letting it be wide open. He did, it was not.

You had over 6K new cases yesterday and La had less than 1, and you claim victory on cases per million?? Are you an Aggie?? There is no victory with this fucking virus. If you want to win, then you have my blessing to put up a banner.

But we were officially closed on St. Paddy’s Day. If you are in Austin, stay safe in any event. And I mean it. Tell idiots to wear masks.

We had 4,200, ya'll had 800. We have 6x the population you do. Again, I don't think we've handled it well at all but neither has Louisiana. All good though, I don't want to derail the thread anymore. Who dat. And you stay safe as well.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

We had 4,200, ya'll had 800. We have 6x the population you do. Again, I don't think we've handled it well at all but neither has Louisiana. All good though, I don't want to derail the thread anymore. Who dat. And you stay safe as well.

AC6185D3_A17E_497C_87F6_55CD5E2AD1F1_IMG

17 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Fuck off, Mayor....

lol what the fuck?  These fucking mouthbreathers.

Also question for the my Harris County peeps:  What is up with all the hoopla on twitter about everybody being denied the "relief fund" or whatever?  

On 6/29/2020 at 12:19 AM, Hookah Horns said:

My mom just told me it was reported in San Antonio that most of the people on ventilators are 20-30 years old and that almost ICU beds are taken. Scary shit. 

Not saying it's untrue, but according to the Bexar county dashboards there have been zero deaths in the 20-29 age range in two in the 30-39 age range. 

Obviously that will change soon if what's being reported is true. 

Edited by StruggleBus

42 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Not saying it's untrue, but according to the Bexar county dashboards there have been zero deaths in the 20-29 age range in two in the 30-39 age range. 

Obviously that will change soon if what's being reported is true. 

From what I gather, the young with severe cases are more likely to survive with permanent damage. 

Here's the article. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Look at these fucking tone-deaf morons:

Honestly I can understand them being pissed off. Why are they being singled out when restaurants are still being stupid and not following guidelines, churches are allowed to pack a shit load of mostly olds in with no masks, and virtually nothing the governor has said has even been followed or enforced at all during this whole thing. 

This has been so badly bungled by Abbott, Trump, and republicans in general that nothing is consistent and no matter what moves they make now there's someone that's getting fucked and will be pissed because they are getting no federal financial help. 

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

All these idiots* need to be eradicated for the greater good and health of our species. They've become far too numerous and consequential. 

* Other than the blonde in the red tank top.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Honestly I can understand them being pissed off. Why are they being singled out when restaurants are still being stupid and not following guidelines, churches are allowed to pack a shit load of mostly olds in with no masks, and virtually nothing the governor has said has even been followed or enforced at all during this whole thing. 

This has been so badly bungled by Abbott, Trump, and republicans in general that nothing is consistent and no matter what moves they make now there's someone that's getting fucked and will be pissed because they are getting no federal financial help. 

Has it been reported that a lot of restaurants in the state haven't been following the guidelines? Every place I've been to here in Dallas has taken them very seriously.