Texas Re-Opening Announced

Storm the Field

6 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Ironically probably not that many get it from beaches so unless you close off all indoor public gatherings too it might make it worse as it funnels more people who would have been at the beach to a restaurant or house party. 

It's like the state still knows nothing after 6 months how this virus transmits. 

Possibly. But the other side of the equation is that maybe fewer people will make the drive down to Galveston to begin with and just hold their own celebrations at home instead.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

we're gonna need the story.

Bob Popular, mid-90’s.  Vanilla  never showed up.  Bar owner kept saying he would be there in a few minutes, presumably to keep selling drinks.  The natives got drunk, then restless, the bouncers weren’t happy about the natives drunkenness and restlessness.  They tried to clear the place out, some punches were thrown, and the police randomly arrested every 5th guy in the place.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Ironically probably not that many get it from beaches so unless you close off all indoor public gatherings too it might make it worse as it funnels more people who would have been at the beach to a restaurant or house party. 

It's like the state still knows nothing after 6 months how this virus transmits. 

Most people come for the beach, so now its closed and parking on the seawall is off limits,  it will drastically downsize the crowds. We've had some nightmarish crowds already this summer, this weekend was heading that way. Sucks for the businesses, but a smart choice overall.

Fuck everyone for opening so soon, irresponsible. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Bob Popular, mid-90’s.  Vanilla  never showed up.  Bar owner kept saying he would be there in a few minutes, presumably to keep selling drinks.  The natives got drunk, then restless, the bouncers weren’t happy about the natives drunkenness and restlessness.  They tried to clear the place out, some punches were thrown, and the police randomly arrested every 5th guy in the place.

Fuckin' Bob's.

Ha ha I remember that night. I declined to join in on that bullshit fuckery but a few of my buddies got arrested.

I was at the Snow show in the early 90s where Snow he got his ass whipped. Better time!

51 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

It’s like you haven’t been down here all summer. 
The seawall has been packed.  Like shoulder to shoulder.  People then go restaurants like the spot (more like a bar) and completely ignore social distancing. They have even been having issues for huge tailgates on the seawall sponsored by various motor clubs  

with this new rule, you can’t even park on the seawall.   It’s a huge win for science. 

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

I actually vaguely remember this story from way back when. So it’s got to be true.

Edited by JimmyJames

1 hour ago, Xian said:

The seawall has been packed.  Like shoulder to shoulder.  People then go restaurants like the spot (more like a bar) and completely ignore social distancing. They have even been having issues for huge tailgates on the seawall sponsored by various motor clubs  

with this new rule, you can’t even park on the seawall.   It’s a huge win for science. 

I've been to Galveston plenty over the past month.  Never shoulder to shoulder on the seawall, in fact plenty of room for the bikes to ride and try to run us over.  All the restaurants i went to were enforcing inside seating limits.  The science shows that this spreads inside in close contact.  This is not a win for science.  

I've been to Galveston plenty over the past month.  Never shoulder to shoulder on the seawall, in fact plenty of room for the bikes to ride and try to run us over.  All the restaurants i went to were enforcing inside seating limits.  The science shows that this spreads inside in close contact.  This is not a win for science.  
No but it's a win for slowing spread down a bit until maybe people take this shit seriously.

43 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

I live here.   Google videos of this years Memorial Day and slab weekend.  4th was shaping up to be another disaster. 

people like you are part of the problem. Stay home. It isn’t that hard. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Xian said:

I live here.   Google videos of this years Memorial Day and slab weekend.  4th was shaping up to be another disaster. 

people like you are part of the problem. Stay home. It isn’t that hard. 

I was there Memorial Day you ignorant dumb fuck. I own a house there. 

2 hours ago, Xian said:

I'm not saying the beaches shouldn't be closed, but it should be combined with a full revert to shelter at home where all restaurants are carryout only and other indoor facilities are either shut down or limited for the holiday weekend. The people of Texas have already shown to be complete idiots so you have to babysit them and not give them options to be stupid. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

I'm not saying the beaches shouldn't be closed, but it should be combined with a full revert to shelter at home where all restaurants are carryout only and other indoor facilities are either shut down or limited for the holiday weekend. The people of Texas have already shown to be complete idiots so you have to babysit them and not give them options to be stupid. 

My goodness I agree with your last few posts. I must be drunk.

like others pointed out though, this is really an effort to keep people from coming down to beach cities period, not to keep them off the beach.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HenryJames said:

OK, Texas cannot handle this. Now we have someone coming into our state who is deadly when he plays a dope melody. I'm afraid that since hospitals are being overrun, nurses and doctors will misdiagnose this problem as the patient's brain being killed like a poisonous mushroom and it will lead to the wrong treatments.

Edited by HornOnTheBayou
  • Like 3

Is vanilla that hard up for money that he's willing to come into one of the worst places on the planet for this virus and be front and center in front of what's bound to be many infected people? 

Or is he one of those idiots who think it's a hoax?

Is vanilla that hard up for money that he's willing to come into one of the worst places on the planet for this virus and be front and center in front of what's bound to be many infected people? 
Or is he one of those idiots who think it's a hoax?

Yes
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Isn't that one system in Houston?  The county hospitals?  Doesn't account for the other systems, right?  Am I misunderstanding?  It's obviously still terrible, but is it all of Houston?

https://www.chron.com/local/article/Brink-of-capacity-Houston-hospitals-now-15380502.php

2 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Q re Houston - "I'm not surprised because the size of our area," McMurray-Horton said. "We're the third largest county behind NY, LA, and Chicago.  It's concerning because we had the opportunity to impact it early on. We need to get back to the basics to control the increase."

Third largest or fourth largest county? 

Agree the entire country needs to get back to basics. mask, wash hands, don't touch your face, distance. 

• Haha 1

For the Galveston vacation people that own homes there, the locals don't want you to visit there on the 4th. Their message isn't only directed to people driving down for the day.

Sure they can't stop you but they can make the place as unwelcoming as possible. Whats the point of driving down there if nothing is open for you. Might as well stay home in Houston.

• Like 1