Texas Re-Opening Announced

Storm the Field

On 7/9/2020 at 6:07 PM, Wanker Bob said:

College football is going to happen.

Define happen. I think we'll see a couple of games, Covid break out, no more games. We're already have infections in summer practice, that's just going to spread during close contact practice for the fall.

On 7/9/2020 at 11:10 AM, Biff Tannen said:

So how long until we are banned from other states entirely? 

I guess since the #1 recommendation is stay home unless necessary.. why would anyone need to worry about going to those states anyways? Seems like a very limited number of cases.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Define happen. I think we'll see a couple of games, Covid break out, no more games. We're already have infections in summer practice, that's just going to spread during close contact practice for the fall.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Man, it's so wild. He was pimping that stupid bitch salon owner for defying Clay Jenkins orders. Now he's going to lock shit back up. 

Yeah, that whole shit in May when him and the AG told cities they couldn't have localized orders more stringent then his.

Thanks, Hot Wheels, yall f'ed up. Lot of backwheeling going on now.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Just make sure people know that they can vote by mail if they have a disability even if that disability is "bone spurs."

this should be the plan. everybody puts “bone spurs” in the explanation field to qualify for vote-by-mail. it works on so many levels. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Lol Abbott said to a Lubbock TV station today that if things dont improve by next week, he is going to issue a state-wide lockdown

what a fucking clown

GOP has managed to get into a staring contest with a virus that doesn't blink. 

Abott's now wrestling with the difficult decision whether to save lives in Texas or not anger Trump and his army of deplorables. T&Ps.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Abott's now wrestling with the difficult decision whether to save lives in Texas or not anger Trump and his army of deplorables. T&Ps.

Yeah he really has to roll a fine line here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, relapse98 said:

Yeah, that whole shit in May when him and the AG told cities they couldn't have localized orders more stringent then his.

Thanks, Hot Wheels, yall f'ed up. Lot of backwheeling going on now.

Absolute total incompetence.

2 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Where’s Dan Patrick in all this?

He turtled like a mother fucker.

What a spineless coward.

His message, about sacrificing seniors and immune-compromised, seems to have disappeared. Guess he flip flopped on that stance when some gop olds disagreed.

i imagine that he’s going to come out when he sees another opportunity to complain and not lead.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

I’m sure he’ll find a sufficiently cynical position to  manage it politically, whatever the human cost.

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

this should be the plan. everybody puts “bone spurs” in the explanation field to qualify for vote-by-mail. it works on so many levels. 

I know this was a joke, but for visibility reasons I’m gonna type out there is no explanation field and they take you on your word in Texas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Dan Patrick was on Fox News last week going on a rant about Dr Fauci not knowing what hes talking about. Politicians are who we should trust on the coronavirus.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/01/texas-dan-patrick-anthony-fauci-coronavirus/

Yeah I meant after this.

He was visible at the start of this saying that olds should die for the economy.

Then shit got real in NYC. 
Then silence.

Then he was out taking a victory lap for Texas.

Then when Texas started get bad press for surging cases he went and told everyone to ignore Fauci.

Now that shit is getting real here, he’s back to hiding.

Posted in the DT thread - Typhoon (Typhoid?) Texas in Katy last night was poppin. We can't be trusted to actually follow guidelines or partial restrictions. 

https://v.redd.it/i7n5nd2rb5a51

We're going to be locking down again

I drove by there last night and did a double take when I saw the long lines on the rides. We’re turbofucked.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/10/texas-starr-county-covid-19-model-greg-abbott

"

Their strategy worked. The first few coronavirus cases trickled into Starr county in late March, but for three weeks in April, there were no new infections. Before the end of May, weekly tallies of new confirmed positives never once reached double digits. Even seasonal influenza, coughs, colds and fevers that would normally travel through the community suddenly vanished.

“What we did here was a model for the rest of the nation to follow, but it was lost,” said Joel Villarreal, the mayor of Rio Grande City, one of four small cities in the county. “In fact, I think we had it right.”

The inflection point came when the Texas governor, Greg Abbott, unilaterally decided to reopen the state, and stripped local governments of their power in the process. By early May, malls, restaurants, movie theaters, gyms and salons threw open their doors, albeit at limited capacity. Texans lost their fear of the virus as politicians told them it was safe to re-emerge from lockdown, and once masks became politicized, localities could no longer require their use.

“We had local input to close down. But to reopen, we didn’t have any, at all,” said Villarreal."

• Like 2

Our LT kids will be attending online from home. Our UT kids will be attending some classes online and maybe one or two in person. They are scheduled to move in to their house and apartment in August but not sure if that is going to happen at this point. Our oldest graduated and will be heading to Seattle for work in late July / early August. Fortunately, his team at Amazon is all remote at this point. 

Word on the streets (or at least in the Capitol) is that Goeb is gonna take advantage of this and run for governor next time. Which means one of those 2 will be losing a job.
And George P Bush is running for Lt. Governor, which I'm not sure is gonna go as well, depending on his primary candidate(s), after he pissed off a large group of conservatives over his handling of the Alamo, which I still can't figure out their reasons to be pissed since they want to make it more like it was in 1836, but I guess change of any kind is hard for some people.

8 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Word on the streets (or at least in the Capitol) is that Goeb is gonna take advantage of this and run for governor next time. Which means one of those 2 will be losing a job.
And George P Bush is running for Lt. Governor, which I'm not sure is gonna go as well, depending on his primary candidate(s), after he pissed off a large group of conservatives over his handling of the Alamo, which I still can't figure out their reasons to be pissed since they want to make it more like it was in 1836, but I guess change of any kind is hard for some people.

Texas is dumb enough to elect both of those assholes.

Probably the wrong post to put this on, but whatever.

Backstory: My wife has a sister who isn't all there mentally, like - she says shit that just doesn't line up. Sister also has MS, which may be part of her mental issue, and so she's immunocompromised, so getting the Rona probably would end poorly for her. She started randomly falling about 3 weeks ago, requiring ambulances or Baptist church friends each time to pick her up. She finally got an appointment with her MS doctor and they are trying a new steroid, seems like she may be a bit better on the falling. At one time they were going to put her in outpatient rehab. My wife's mother had to go up to stay with her so the BIL could work and call someone to pick her up off the floor if she fell. She came back here and we put her on a 2 week no visit rule since she left her nogerm bubble.

My nephew is big into Royal Ambassadors. They were doing camps around the state where the same counselors would go to each camp. He returned home at one point when my SIL and MIL were there, so that's not great. His group of counselors was so excited that they were going to some camp in Medina, but it got cancelled because nobody else wanted to go (I guess there's a pandemic going on), so what do they do?

Drive to New Braunfels and stay at my MIL's house! Mother fuckers. We were already on a 2 week no visit due to her visiting with the nephew up at his house. We didn't know they were coming until the SIL posted about how much they enjoyed Freiheit burgers last night and then the MIL called for the key to her HOA pool (she rarely ever goes and if she does it's with us, so the key stays on the pool bag, which hasn't been used this year because I put up a white trash pool so I didn't have to go hang out in public).

I'm am beyond pissed at my brain dead SIL for even putting the MIL in this position where 2 church vans full of teenagers that have been around the state came to stay in her house. We've always joked that the MIL seems to dumb down when the SIL get's involved, I've pretty much now got proof. So, diabetic, cancer survivor, somewhat decentish health,  MIL is now on a 2 week no fly starting today. I  have a beautiful seasoned tri tip that has been waiting in the freezer but she keeps making questionable decisions and gets put in time out, so tri tip will just wait for another year I guess.

tldr; My SIL is retarded.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Posted in the DT thread - Typhoon (Typhoid?) Texas in Katy last night was poppin. We can't be trusted to actually follow guidelines or partial restrictions. 

https://v.redd.it/i7n5nd2rb5a51

We're going to be locking down again

Gross. Is it that fucking hard to just stay home and chill? No people just gotta go hangout in covid and warm piss water. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Is it that fucking hard to just stay home and chill?

I LOVE live music. Like, I literally publish a daily music calendar for events in my area (and now livestreams that I find). I used to go to live music probably 3 times a week. Work at a large music ampitheater during the summer. Haven't gone to a single thing since spring break.

Last time I was even close to sitting in a restaurant was on the deck at Lone Star Float House about 2 months ago, that was our 2nd sit down in a restaurant since spring break, the other being 3 days earlier at the same place. Everything else I cook and maybe every 2 weeks get a togo family meal.

In late March, bought the above mentioned white trash pool. That thing has helped keep my sanity. If it wasn't for it, ehrmagherd.

If I can do it, anyone can. But people are pussies and would rather fight about death numbers and wearing or not wearing a mask, when if you just stay home, it makes it all easier.

• Like 3

Just now, mchookem said:

hopefully in those waterparks the chlorine is so high it will kill everything? maybe that's why only the new part of schlitterbahn is open...

If it's at least 4ppm of chlorine in the water it's pretty well disinfectant. Issue is the breathing back and forth as covid spreads by air. Unless they're spraying the chlorinated water around the air, it won't do much good. Surfaces are probably covid free though

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

If it's at least 4ppm of chlorine in the water it's pretty well disinfectant. Issue is the breathing back and forth as covid spreads by air. Unless they're spraying the chlorinated water around the air, it won't do much good. Surfaces are probably covid free though

Water parks are still fucking gross.

• Like 5