Texas Re-Opening Announced

Storm the Field

Our district (Humble) has said they will not release publicly when there is a case or school closure.  We'll find out by word of mouth until it's bad enough to get picked up by the news. 
So if 3rd grade Johnny's math class is quarantining because he has Covid but he has a 7th grade sister at the middle school and a freshman brother in high school you wont know unless you had a kid in Johnny's class or Nextdoor/Facebook/Name your favorite social media shithole blows up. 
So we got that going for us which is nice.
Tapa
af29b40cc30e7266d3a2a17edbc9de18.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Our district (Humble) has said they will not release publicly when there is a case or school closure.  We'll find out by word of mouth until it's bad enough to get picked up by the news. 

So if 3rd grade Johnny's math class is quarantining because he has Covid but he has a 7th grade sister at the middle school and a freshman brother in high school you wont know unless you had a kid in Johnny's class or Nextdoor/Facebook/Name your favorite social media shithole blows up. 

So we got that going for us which is nice.

It's so nice living in a banana republic where the only consideration is $$$ and political appearances, isn't it? American lives have been devalued faster than the dollar is about to be. 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Come On Reaction GIF

It'd be there already if we would implement a proactive testing regimen.  Can not understand why we are so against taking any measures at all to get our arms around this problem.  I've been watching us do half ass measures for the past for 6 and a half months now and it's still impossible to believe we are not any better prepared to deal with this than we were in November of last year.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Talk about a misleading tweet. That’s not at all what he said.

This is true and thanks for calling it out.  I'm no fan of Abbott, but we need to call out fake news when it is fake or misleading.

From the linked article, within the EaterAustin article:

Gov. Greg Abbott expressed his sympathy for Texans who are now unemployed following his order closing bars during a press conference on Thursday afternoon, but stressed that those areas cause some of the most “prolific spreading events.”

“When you go to bars, you don’t go in there and go to an isolated location,” Abbott said. “People come together. When you’re drinking, you’re not wearing a mask, you’re taking your mask off. After you’ve had several drinks, some people become fairly intoxicated and less likely to use discipline that is needed to make sure they are avoiding spreading COVID-19.”

On Thursday, he said bars could potentially reopen once coronavirus metrics improve more significantly. He said he would need to see the state’s positivity rate drop below 10% for a sustained period of time and for hospitalizations to decrease.

On 8/14/2020 at 2:08 PM, Hefeweizen said:

We’re about to find out how remote school works with sports in Eanes.  Hopefully well.  Not holding my breath though.

Allow me to save you some time and consternation, at least for football.  After years of watching high school football from the other sideline, I think I can go ahead and call it...

Y'all can flip a coin with LT for the district championship. The rest of us will draw lots for the last two playoff slots.  You can have the small school playoff spot and LT will take the big school spot.  The two other schools will prep to be obliterated in first round games.  No need to play until a vaccine is here.

If the playoffs start Feb 1, you'll still be playing in mid-March.  Just get ready for the playoffs .. thank you for not crushing us this year.