Texas Re-Opening Announced

Storm the Field

6 hours ago, justhookit said:

Yeah sorry I didn’t mean it to sound thaaaat bad. I’m in Port A but was referencing Nueces County which we are a part of. I think there was a weird data dump. @Anastasis watches this probably more than I do. We’ve gone from averaging around 3 new cases or less to 11 and then 15 in the last few days. Next Tuesday thru Friday should tell the story.  5 of those new cases  were in Port A which has me taking notice. 

I think I trust your eyes on the ground more than the numbers coming out of port a. 

26 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I don’t see how we get out of this if you have to open and close stuff over and over again.

tenor.gif?itemid=11611613

It's why we can't have nice things. 

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I think I trust your eyes on the ground more than the numbers coming out of port a. 

What a time to be alive

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

My son doesn't get to go to camp next week (little neighborhood day camp that I was already a little uncomfortable with) because a kid in this week's camp went home sick w/fever.....doc diagnosed strep and discouraged covid test as "unwarranted"--parents insisted....what do you know, came back positive. So I guess all those kids are supposed to quarantine along with the lady running it. Or, maybe they do whatever they want to do and run around town.  Meanwhile, my kid will be playing video games at home all day, all week, driving me nuts while I try to "work." Goddamnit.  78757 in case you wonder. 

that's my zip. i was just saying yesterday how i felt pretty good just sticking to my neighborhood bc the numbers in my zip code have remained pretty steady for a couple of months now (<50)

so now there's a bunch of little petri dishes probably running around the hood. dammit.

3 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Picked up to-go food at Hill Country Galleria last night.  Place seemed packed considering the capacity rules for restaurants.  My estimate is ~40% of people were wearing masks.  The host stand in the restaurant was crowded af with none of those people wearing masks.  Disheartening to say the least.  Told my wife we need to prepare for the daycare to close again sometime in the next month.  Fucking nightmare.

Does not compute.  It’s been explained here that only MAGA folks pass on the mask wearing. 

But in all seriousness, I think besides complacency and some of the mixed messaging around distancing that a big reason behind the drop in mask wearing is the heat. It’s tough for a lot of people to walk around wearing something that smothers your face when it’s 90+ outside. 

You know where the hill country Galleria is, right? What do you think the demographics of Lakeway are?
Since we're throwing out anecdotes, I went to a marble falls wal mart a month ago and besides me the only other person in the store who had a mask on was the women in her 30s who was obviously from Austin or another city because she was too in shape and attractive to be a local.

• Like 1

Lakeway is 60% R? I know decades ago it was a retirement area, but that’s a much smaller slice of the population now.  I just figured Lakeway and the Hill Country Galleria was full of suburban women that have been permanently lost to Democratic Party. 

13 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Does not compute.  It’s been explained here that only MAGA folks pass on the mask wearing. 

But in all seriousness, I think besides complacency and some of the mixed messaging around distancing that a big reason behind the drop in mask wearing is the heat. It’s tough for a lot of people to walk around wearing something that smothers your face when it’s 90+ outside. 

You’re an idiot 

• Like 1

Lakeway is 60% R? I know decades ago it was a retirement area, but that’s a much smaller slice of the population now.  I just figured Lakeway and the Hill Country Galleria was full of suburban women that have been permanently lost to Democratic Party. 

I'd bet it's at least majority Trump from 2016. Probably by a decent amount. Dunno how much that has changed in four years because like you said he seems to be losing the suburban women. Tried to look but it gets lost in the Travis county data.

13 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

You know where the hill country Galleria is, right? What do you think the demographics of Lakeway are?
Since we're throwing out anecdotes, I went to a marble falls wal mart a month ago and besides me the only other person in the store who had a mask on was the women in her 30s who was obviously from Austin or another city because she was too in shape and attractive to be a local.

Pics?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

So you are not familiar with Austin area suburbs I see. 

I guess not the politics of them. My mother in law lived there for over a decade and my wife’s grandma still lives there. 

My initial assumption was that Lakeway would be more liberal than say, Round Rock or Cedar Park/Leander areas.  

12 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

You’re an idiot 

***your

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Cedar Park and Leander probably have more Trump voters that hate black and brown people. Lakeway has more Trump voters that hate poor people of all colors.

Our gate is broken at the moment and the HOA has not fixed it yet apparently as a sign of solidarity with the poors. And the fountains fucking leak all the time.  

Our gate is broken at the moment and the HOA has not fixed it yet apparently as a sign of solidarity with the poors. And the fountains fucking leak all the time.  
If you're not careful the poors might spontaneously set up an autonomous zone complete with drum circles and assault rifles in your street. LAZ they'll call it.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

The high school in my area does a strength and conditioning camp all summer that the high school athletes are supposed to participate in.  My kid refuses to go because it starts at 8am and he won’t wake up that early in the summer. It just started last week I think.  Well, just heard that one of the kids/coaches tested positive for Covid so they shut the camp down for 2 weeks.  Not sure if everybody that attended was told to go get tested or whatnot.  I don’t see how we get out of this if you have to open and close stuff over and over again.  I’m talking about regular school this fall, the NBA/MLB/NFL/NCAAF, and everything else.  

Your kid is on the drugs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

If you're not careful the poors might spontaneously set up an autonomous zone complete with drum circles and assault rifles in your street. LAZ they'll call it.

Disappointed that you think I am not already running the cul de sac this way.  All the neighbors out of town at the moment. Look for the smoker running blue smoke and guy cussing at the old car on jack stands in the driveway. Bring a 12er. 

• Like 1

Disappointed that you think I am not already running the cul de sac this way.  All the neighbors out of town at the moment. Look for the smoker running blue smoke and guy cussing at the old car on jack stands in the driveway. Bring a 12er. 

• Like 2

I'd bet it's at least majority Trump from 2016. Probably by a decent amount. Dunno how much that has changed in four years because like you said he seems to be losing the suburban women. Tried to look but it gets lost in the Travis county data.

You can look up precinct by precinct results

https://countyclerk.traviscountytx.gov/results-for-november-8-2016.html

22 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

You're reading way too much into it. She's not showing any signs of clinical depression. I've gone out of my way to host small 2-3 women socialization gatherings once a week for her. Even put my college bartending skills to work making them fancy cocktails. 

This wasn't a call of despair. Yeah, things suck right now but we're both still working, she's had social contact, and from the little fit she threw yesterday it was stubbornness mixed with social media pressure. The exact scenario I mentioned I believe early in this thread is happening. They're seeing their acquaintances and co-workers going out for a couple of weeks now and not seeing them hospitalized or dying so they're starting to think it's overblown and not dangerous. 

These aren't old women. They're in their late 20s

Not a unique situation evidently. Just heard from someone that went out in Dallas last night. He said there was no pretense of distancing at all. Jam packed at two different spots. 90% of people under 40. 80% women. Girls’ nights all over the place. 

16 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Not a unique situation evidently. Just heard from someone that went out in Dallas last night. He said there was no pretense of distancing at all. Jam packed at two different spots. 90% of people under 40. 80% women. Girls’ nights all over the place. 

If I were a young guy I'd be there lying my ass off about already having had it and tested anti-body positive.  I bet the pussy would jump at you.

(Actually I hope that would not be true...but 19 year old Ubet was immortal and horny)

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Like 1

Had to run out for a minute and passed by an urgent care center. (18th and E. TC Jester Blvd in Houston.) Cars lined down 18th street waiting for covid testing. Their website says they offer 15 minute live virus nasal swab testing results and 1-2 Day antibody testing. No idea of the cost but they look to be printing money.

at least we’re finally getting to understand the true breadth of the problem and can identify problem areas.

So yesterday North Texas reported 519 new cases (345 Dallas, 143 Tarrant, 32 Denton, 9 Colin county). Big number, record high. But on the email from the Mayor there was a* below the listing that said “197 new cases today are from a backlog due to a lab reporting issue”.

Maybe mix in some Cardio if you can't breathe with a mask on you snowflake pussies. How do you think your house got painted? Guys wearing respirators all day with no AC. The spray foam in your attic? A brown guy with a respirator and tyvek suit in 120 degree heat. 6 days a week. Real men.

Good forbid Chaz and Becky have to wear a mask for an hour a day in an airconditioned space.

Lakeway has always lagged the rest of Austin on mask usage. Plenty of trumpers just smart enough to be experts on mask "not working.". There is a group boycotting business that require masks ffs. Also you are going to see less masks in a restaurant as those who feel safe in restaurants are less likely to wear masks in the first place.

Blowes / Home Despot were at about 70% mask usage today. Definetly down. Almost always Boomers and Mellinials not wearing mask in my observation. Same stores in town are at roughly 95% usage
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Had to run out for a minute and passed by an urgent care center. (18th and E. TC Jester Blvd in Houston.) Cars lined down 18th street waiting for covid testing. Their website says they offer 15 minute live virus nasal swab testing results and 1-2 Day antibody testing. No idea of the cost but they look to be printing money.

at least we’re finally getting to understand the true breadth of the problem and can identify problem areas.

Been like that all weekend. It is crazy. 

Yeah the rebound is coming with a vengeance.  I have to say, the poors are going to take the brunt of it with their jobs and no one will notice except the inconvenience.  At my office masks are mandatory and I am ask jumping people’s shit if they are out of their workspace without one.  White collar is probably going to be ok.

It’s all around shitty and it’s probably going to stay this way because we don’t have another shut down in us.