Texas Re-Opening Announced

Storm the Field

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

gov abbott's twitter post about masks is getting ratio'd by....[rechecks ratio].....angry republican supporters. 

what a world.

Sadly, for one microsecond, I thought it was being ratio'd with people telling him "about time!".  That is not the case.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Sadly, for one microsecond, I thought it was being ratio'd with people telling him "about time!".  That is not the case.

This gives me pause because it probably means we get someone even worse for the next governor. 

Dan Goeb is going to be that fucker isn’t he?

7 minutes ago, staboner said:

good god. i can only wish the outraged R responses are just Russian bots. any bots. something. shesh

Bots aren't out in our stores without masks acting like giant assholes spreading the disease. Texans are on average fucking idiots. Just have to face the facts. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

This gives me pause because it probably means we get someone even worse for the next governor. 

Dan Goeb is going to be that fucker isn’t he?

12 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Bots aren't out in our stores without masks acting like giant assholes spreading the disease. Texans are on average fucking idiots. Just have to face the facts. 

These.  The undeniable truth is that we are a fucking idiocracy.  And yes, Danny Goeb or worse will be our next governor.

Welp, got the unfortunate call today that my family is moving forward with deciding to kill grandma August 1. Cousin has a wedding that day that they are not canceling because they “got a good deal.”  Venue halfway between Austin and Houston. One aunt and two uncles will not be attending, so at least they cared. I will not be going either. My mom, another uncle and a cousin all have immune system issues. My nearly 90 year old grandma is still going because apparently they got her a mask that will match the dress they got her in the spring for her birthday. 

But doctors aren’t experts either, my mom says. She wasn’t this deficient of reasoning until Obama got elected and watched up Fox News, Hillsdale college mailers, and now OAN. So thanks Obama

Edited by StassneyHorn

Poor bastard.  $50 says some north Dallas douchebag threatens him in the next 48 hours.  This is not a time for selflessness and reason, we're gonna bring back the economy with Independence Day parties.  Big Hot Dog & Big Fireworks are behind this and I have the paper trail to prove it.  Just don't touch the papers.  Seriously.  They could be infected.

Rex Beeper?

Curbside employees at HEB are testing positive for Rona too. I worked part time at Brodie and they called us about other curbside locations (didn’t say where) getting it. Literally just quit over the phone.

I want to preface this by saying my lead called me first, wasn’t a automated mass call. Overheard her and another lead On Tuesday talking about it and bailed on my lunch break.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Born to Run said:
5 hours ago, JimmyJames said:
Given this song, one of the teachers in Ferris bueller, and that other movie whose name is escaping me you’d think at a minimum generation x would have learned the definition of irony by now. 

We haven’t.

Also it was “singles” wasn’t it?  I’m afraid to rewatch that movie to confirm because it probably totally sucks. 

Reality Bites bruh

Yep. Thank you. That was it. Does it still hold up? It was never great but I’m afraid it was worse than I thought.

Talked to a friend of mine that works for a fairly powerful legislator (depending on if he's pissed off the top 3 in the session or not) and asked him to fix the state.

He said on it - and sent me a moveon for Greggy to be impeached.

Greg is wounded. But I don't see anyone primarying the sitting Texas governor, that would be the ultimate power move.
And if that person ends up being Goeb, holey crap, what does that say about the rest of us?

Man, 71 new hospitalizations in Travis County today. That's not good at all. I'm trying to hold on to hope that with the recent rollback of openings and the tightening of mask regulations (Adler's and other local governments' around the state, not Abbott's) that we'll start to see cases slow down and ultimately see hospitalizations follow. But I suspect that as long as cases are going up, so will hospitalizations for at least a week, if not two afterwards. And cases lag by a week or two as well. So it could be 3-4 weeks before we stop spiking for hospitalizations, which could get ugly.

And that's all assuming that the masks work and people start acting right. I'm not optimistic, I just got home from a curbside pickup at Target (Southpark Meadows) and that whole area was a shitshow of packed parking lots and traffic. Can't imagine people are loading up on supplies to stay at home by themselves.

I think that I'm back on the "we're fucked" train for awhile. 4th of July weekend is perfectly timed to dump a bunch of gas on an already raging fire.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Man, 71 new hospitalizations in Travis County today. That's not good at all. I'm trying to hold on to hope that with the recent rollback of openings and the tightening of mask regulations (Adler's and other local governments' around the state, not Abbott's) that we'll start to see cases slow down and ultimately see hospitalizations follow. But I suspect that as long as cases are going up, so will hospitalizations for at least a week, if not two afterwards. And cases lag by a week or two as well. So it could be 3-4 weeks before we stop spiking for hospitalizations, which could get ugly.

And that's all assuming that the masks work and people start acting right. I'm not optimistic, I just got home from a curbside pickup at Target (Southpark Meadows) and that whole area was a shitshow of packed parking lots and traffic. Can't imagine people are loading up on supplies to stay at home by themselves.

I think that I'm back on the "we're fucked" train for awhile.

This is fucked.  And the worst part is, given the lag, it will likely get worse before it gets better. 

* I typed my response after reading the first line. I see you made the same point./ADHD

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Wanker Bob said:

yeah man. would be nice to live in a world where people got this pissed off over all the various injustices rotating around their fat heads everyday. 

america is selfish to a point that is destructive. which we know, i know. 

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-establishes-statewide-face-covering-requirement-issues-proclamation-to-limit-gatherings

Governor Abbott Establishes Statewide Face Covering Requirement, Issues Proclamation To Limit Gatherings

July 2, 2020 | Austin, Texas |  Press Release

Governor Greg Abbott today issued an Executive Order requiring all Texans to wear a face covering over the nose and mouth in public spaces in counties with 20 or more positive COVID-19 cases, with few exceptions. The Governor also issued a proclamation giving mayors and county judges the ability to impose restrictions on some outdoor gatherings of over 10 people, and making it mandatory that, with certain exceptions, people cannot be in groups larger than ten and must maintain six feet of social distancing from others. 

"Wearing a face covering in public is proven to be one of the most effective ways we have to slow the spread of COVID-19,” said Governor Abbott. “We have the ability to keep businesses open and move our economy forward so that Texans can continue to earn a paycheck, but it requires each of us to do our part to protect one another—and that means wearing a face covering in public spaces. Likewise, large gatherings are a clear contributor to the rise in COVID-19 cases. Restricting the size of groups gatherings will strengthen Texas’ ability to corral this virus and keep Texans safe. We all have a responsibility to slow the spread of COVID-19 and keep our communities safe. If Texans commit to wearing face coverings in public spaces and follow the best health and safety practices, we can both slow the spread of COVID-19 and keep Texas open for business. I urge all Texans to wear a face covering in public, not just for their own health, but for the health of their families, friends, and for all our fellow Texans.”

Additionally, the Governor released a new video message to coincide with his Executive Order, encouraging Texans to do their part to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and keep their communities safe. The video can be downloaded at this linkand 

View the Governor's Executive Order.

View the Governor's Proclamation.

Why the hell are churches a polling places/voting places exempt?

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

I think that I'm back on the "we're fucked" train for awhile. 4th of July weekend is perfectly timed to dump a bunch of gas on an already raging fire.

Looking for a silver lining, it is very likely that July 15-Aug 1 will be the peak of the pandemic in Travis County until the fall, and possibly ever, depending on improvement in leadership, treatment, and prevention.  I thought for sure by now people would have gotten wise, test and trace would be in place, and there would be a standard of treatment.  While I do think treatment protocol has improved since March which has lowered the death rate, all in all we have had a huge letdown by everyone, especially leadership.  Texas has basically been under no restriction since Memorial Day and people just aren’t getting it.  The mask mandate will help but the reality is that Texas and the entire US are fucked until there is a vaccine, which I don’t expect until spring.  I never would have predicted I would be this embarrassed to be a Texan or American.

• Like 2

Welp, got the unfortunate call today that my family is moving forward with deciding to kill grandma August 1. Cousin has a wedding that day that they are not canceling because they “got a good deal.”  Venue halfway between Austin and Houston. One aunt and two uncles will not be attending, so at least they cared. I will not be going either. My mom, another uncle and a cousin all have immune system issues. My nearly 90 year old grandma is still going because apparently they got her a mask that will match the dress they got her in the spring for her birthday. 

But doctors aren’t experts either, my mom says. She wasn’t this deficient of reasoning until Obama got elected and watched up Fox News, Hillsdale college mailers, and now OAN. So thanks Obama

Man, that sucks. I’m sorry you’re having to deal with that.

Your mom sounds like my dad. It’s heartbreaking and maddening what Fox News and Facebook have done to a lot of our parents.

It’s like reading the DT COVID thread.
Ha, it's all relative I guess. This board is very left leaning whether it be CR or DT. I stopped reading the OSU board because of how much of a Trumpkin echo chamber it was, but even they are mostly taking this seriously. These full blown anti-mask mouth breathers are on a whole different level.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, PsychMike said:

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-establishes-statewide-face-covering-requirement-issues-proclamation-to-limit-gatherings

Governor Abbott Establishes Statewide Face Covering Requirement, Issues Proclamation To Limit Gatherings

July 2, 2020 | Austin, Texas |  Press Release

Governor Greg Abbott today issued an Executive Order requiring all Texans to wear a face covering over the nose and mouth in public spaces in counties with 20 or more positive COVID-19 cases, with few exceptions. The Governor also issued a proclamation giving mayors and county judges the ability to impose restrictions on some outdoor gatherings of over 10 people, and making it mandatory that, with certain exceptions, people cannot be in groups larger than ten and must maintain six feet of social distancing from others. 

"Wearing a face covering in public is proven to be one of the most effective ways we have to slow the spread of COVID-19,” said Governor Abbott. “We have the ability to keep businesses open and move our economy forward so that Texans can continue to earn a paycheck, but it requires each of us to do our part to protect one another—and that means wearing a face covering in public spaces. Likewise, large gatherings are a clear contributor to the rise in COVID-19 cases. Restricting the size of groups gatherings will strengthen Texas’ ability to corral this virus and keep Texans safe. We all have a responsibility to slow the spread of COVID-19 and keep our communities safe. If Texans commit to wearing face coverings in public spaces and follow the best health and safety practices, we can both slow the spread of COVID-19 and keep Texas open for business. I urge all Texans to wear a face covering in public, not just for their own health, but for the health of their families, friends, and for all our fellow Texans.”

Additionally, the Governor released a new video message to coincide with his Executive Order, encouraging Texans to do their part to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and keep their communities safe. The video can be downloaded at this linkand can also be viewed on YouTube.

View the Governor's Executive Order.

View the Governor's Proclamation.

thank you abbott. I was worried about being bored this weekend but engaging and trolling my trumper friends should provide a solid day of entertainment. so far ive seen a pledge to march on austin (said person couldn't walk 100 yards without needing a rest), ive seen the threat of a 'revolution' and many threats of voting abbott out of office (most couldn't tell me where they're supposed to vote). 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 1