Labor lawyer?

Got some questions. Someone’s getting fucked

News flash: it’s me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Happy to take a look, PM me. And if I can’t help I have 3-4 of the best employment lawyers in town that will return my call same day.

I usually suggest at this point a sexual harassment suit, with some sort of bestiality involved.... 

PS- I always thought it was  "Beastiality.".. I didn't know it was best.... until today. Another fucking win for Aggie!

Edited by horn4life

Hopefully your case is different, but all I have found in Texas employment contracts is that lawyers are the only ones who win. There is always enough subjective or vague working in contracts to let the side with deeper pockets prevail while the lawyers on both sides tell you to keep fighting.

On 4/29/2020 at 7:58 AM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Hopefully your case is different, but all I have found in Texas employment contracts is that lawyers are the only ones who win. There is always enough subjective or vague working in contracts to let the side with deeper pockets prevail while the lawyers on both sides tell you to keep fighting.

I'm an employment lawyer on management side.  When I started, an older employment lawyer told me that the rule was as follows:

Can you tell me in a simply sentence what the employee did that was wrong that caused him to be fired?  If not, you can win the case for the employee, or certainly get a settlement.

The only time I win the case above is in a clear, simply, fair reduction in force action.  I.e., we fired everyone on the contract, or we made a very defensible decision about who we chose to be part of the RIF.

If an employee is pro se or has no lawyer - sure, we win those cases.

But if an employee who can show he has somehow been screwed has a decent shot to win against the company if he has even marginal legal representation.  Certainly enough to garner a settlement.  Fact finders and juries will give the benefit of the doubt to a "good" employee .

Doesn't have anything to do with whether the employee has a contract.  Being in an at-will state really doesn't mean much with all the protected classes and whistle blower protections we have. 

Edited by tantric superman
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 7:58 AM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

If there were no vague or subjective language in the contract, there would be nothing to fight about.

A decent lawyer should always couch advice on commencing or continuing a fight in terms of cost and benefit.  But cost estimates can be tricky because there is an opponent and they can do unanticipated and expensive things.  A really experienced and smart lawyer, who bills a higher rate, can do a better job predicting the unpredictable.

On the other hand, there are too many lawyers (one is really too many), whose advice is mostly couched in terms of maximizing his/her fee.