Grad Transfer WR Tarik Black

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

Did Michigan give anyone else a shot at QB? They had the TE/QB from New Mexico. I assume he was worse.

You're thinking of Zach Gentry.  Don't think he ever played QB.

(He was Shawn Watson's hand-picked QB recruit.  Once he left, all we had was Kai Locksley.  Sheesh.)

23 minutes ago, Getafix said:

You're thinking of Zach Gentry.  Don't think he ever played QB.

(He was Shawn Watson's hand-picked QB recruit.  Once he left, all we had was Kai Locksley.  Sheesh.)

Zach Gentry was drafted at the TE position by the Steelers in the last year's draft (5th round).

• 2 weeks later...

Wallace made sense with the injury and the fact this year's WR draft class was historically good.

I'm surprised Hubbard returned but RBs have little value in the NFL these days. I think Helaire was the first pick at the end of round 1 and he's the ideal back in the NFL because of his pass catching ability. I'm not sure Hubbard will be drafted as high as most think even if he has a good year. 

• 1 month later...
Just now, hornfromdallas said:

whats so funny about keeping taamu? he was an absolute gem in the xfl he could be a legit starter in the nfl 

Oh I love Ta'amu, Ole Miss and Cal are my secondary rooting interests. It's that everyone said that Ole Miss was going to suffer when Patterson left for UMich, then Ta'amu outperformed him in every category, and he's finally gotten the chance to prove that he's better in a professional setting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll say it. We should have a ceremonial game for renaming the field and debut of the Whittaker statue. On that night, the team should wear all black with the burnt orange longhorn and TEXAS being the only other things on the unis. No names.

Old traditionalists will hate it as they should but players and recruits would f'ing love it.

That black and orange looks great.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2020 at 10:08 PM, markstanco said:

What are his stats at Michigan? As in total receiving yards and touchdowns in his whole time there? Must be a badass to start a thread about him. This is good!

On 4/28/2020 at 10:14 PM, markstanco said:
On 4/28/2020 at 10:11 PM, Rickylovesweed said:
You are the worst poster on this site. 

You know who gets excited about 3 year receivers with a total of 500 yards and 2 touchdowns? Tulsa fans, smu fans, and you.

On 4/28/2020 at 10:52 PM, markstanco said:
On 4/28/2020 at 10:20 PM, Rickylovesweed said:
Jesus, you're a fucking idiot. 
Black had injuries and played in an offense that was awful. He will be a very good WR 3 or WR 4 option. How about we make a ban bet. If Black puts up over 500 yards receiving next year you never post here again and if he doesn't I will never post here again? 

500 yards is a good get for you? Thats under 40 yards a game. Michigan had 49 yards less than Texas in passing YPG. Why wasn't clemson or Alabama or even Oklahoma in the picture for his services? But yea its great to get another warm body in the WR room, ill give you that. A game changer who will win a game or 2 I will not nor will anybody else.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:10 PM, markstanco said:
On 4/28/2020 at 10:59 PM, Rickylovesweed said:
Do you think the 3rd or 4th option at WR puts up 1000 yards a year? OU's #3 WR last year had 330 yards receiving. Texas didn't add Black to be an All-American WR. 
Also, OU just added a grad transfer WR that had 88, 594, and and 677 yards receiving at UCLA in 3 years. Why are you using OU as an example when by your own logic Theo Howard is awful?
Jesus fucking christ you're a moron. 

My ENTIRE point was it was another person in the WR room. Getting excited about a kid who played 3 years for Michigan and did very little. He was a john burt for them with less yards.

On 4/30/2020 at 11:09 PM, markstanco said:
On 4/28/2020 at 11:13 PM, Casual Encounter said:
I’d love to know what markstanco has accomplished in his life.

Because I think this is a meh pick up? This guy has 40 yards a game and clemson, Alabama, or even utah state didnt care about him. Hopefully he will be good on special teams.

On 4/30/2020 at 11:20 PM, markstanco said:

On Twitter they started following? I didn't know that. My bad.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/tarik-black-1.html

Last year 11 games with 25 catches and 323 yards. 1 td. I would kill for him to get 400 yards next year. That would be spectacular.

Stanco'd!

giphy.gif

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 8

On 4/28/2020 at 10:14 PM, markstanco said:
On 4/28/2020 at 10:11 PM, Rickylovesweed said:
You are the worst poster on this site. 

You know who gets excited about 3 year receivers with a total of 500 yards and 2 touchdowns? Tulsa fans, smu fans, and you.

I know I'm digging, but God what a stupid fucking comment. If you're going to pick schools to make fun of their WR room, maybe don't pick one that has more wide receivers on NFL rosters than Texas. 

41 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Someone is happy not to be trying to catch Shea Patterson's ducks anymore.

I bet he is... little to no chance that Meatchickens O (especially with no B1G season right now) would get him drafted. Hopefully he blows up this year and becomes a mid round or better pick

• Hook 'Em 1

I know I'm digging, but God what a stupid fucking comment. If you're going to pick schools to make fun of their WR room, maybe don't pick one that has more wide receivers on NFL rosters than Texas. 
Show me where I was making fun of the smu reveiving room.

I was simply pointing other schools weren't interested. I want him to succeed and yea, good game against utep. Keep it up TB and ill happily eat some crow.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:

Did he play yesterday? He didn't record a catch, and I don't recall seeing him out there, though I might have missed him.

I think he got banged up on the play Sam threw low/behind him. Didn't see him for a loooooong time after that, but fairy certain I saw him back in the game late 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:

Did he play yesterday? He didn't record a catch, and I don't recall seeing him out there, though I might have missed him.

I saw him out there and Sam missed him on a ball. Kinda looked like he limped off after the play, but couldn’t tell. Only noticed because of his injury history. 

• Like 1